jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by FemmeFox on 1st February 2011, 6:21 pm

Hi JLow!

Loving your avi. That is an amazing twist out!
avatar
FemmeFox

Posts : 925
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 38
Location : Fremont, CA/San Francisco, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by TheRYL1 on 1st February 2011, 6:29 pm

Hey JLow!

OK...I like Oyin...I've just been waiting to see what this Dew was all about before I ordered again! OK...I'm easy...I'mma get some! LOL

Lookin' good, woman!
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by CrissyQ on 1st February 2011, 6:36 pm

hey thanks for the review. i just bought the burnt sugar pmade (I think thats what it is called) I cant wait to get this product.
avatar
CrissyQ

Posts : 2697
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 42
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 1st February 2011, 6:46 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Hi JLow!

Loving your avi. That is an amazing twist out!

Thanks FemmeFox! Very Happy I really took my time taking it down and I love the results of my patience lol

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey JLow!

OK...I like Oyin...I've just been waiting to see what this Dew was all about before I ordered again! OK...I'm easy...I'mma get some! LOL

Lookin' good, woman!

Thanks RYL! DO THE DEW! Hehehehe, its good stuff! Sorry for bringing that pj out... Razz

CrissyQ wrote:hey thanks for the review. i just bought the burnt sugar pmade (I think thats what it is called) I cant wait to get this product.

Hey Crissy! I was gonna get the BSP in a sample but then I remembered I just got a pomade from Hairveda plus I wasn't sure I'd like the smell. Not a fan of things that have a vanilla smell. Let me know how you like it!
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 4th February 2011, 6:15 pm

You guys I am really really itching to dye my hair again. I want to go jet black this time and get blonde highlights throughout... I have a mental picture of what I think it would look like. I think it would look kinda cool but the maintenance seems like it would be difficult. My natural hair is dark brown so I would upkeep with a black rinse but I'd have to section off the blonde to make sure I dont cover them... What do you guys think?
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by SheeTacular on 5th February 2011, 3:24 am

I love the straight hair and the twist out. Keep up the good work!
avatar
SheeTacular

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 43
Location : Flint, MI

View user profile http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 5th February 2011, 3:31 am

Jet black with blonde highlights. Interesting, no suggestions; however, let us know how that turns out. I can't wait to see!!

You are always trying something different, and I love it!!!!

avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Intelligentbeauty on 5th February 2011, 5:33 am

I love jet black hair. I think it is just classic, imo. But the blond highlight maintance with the black rinses in between seems like a pain in the neck.

Anyway, can't wait to see whatever you decide. bounce
avatar
Intelligentbeauty

Posts : 3482
Join date : 2009-11-01
Location : New Jersey/NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Kea::curls on 5th February 2011, 11:33 am

one plus of black hai = is more sheen/shine Smile as far as the highlights, i think it just depends on how much extra effort you're wanting to put in & if you're up for it, i doubt anyone can pull it off as well as you! the article about hair color was great & you know your hair better than anyone else~
avatar
Kea::curls

Posts : 445
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 30
Location : Florida

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 5th February 2011, 3:08 pm

SheeTacular wrote:I love the straight hair and the twist out. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Shee! Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Jet black with blonde highlights. Interesting, no suggestions; however, let us know how that turns out. I can't wait to see!!

You are always trying something different, and I love it!!!!


Intelligentbeauty wrote:I love jet black hair. I think it is just classic, imo. But the blond highlight maintance with the black rinses in between seems like a pain in the neck.

Anyway, can't wait to see whatever you decide. bounce

Kea wrote:one plus of black hai = is more sheen/shine Smile as far as the highlights, i think it just depends on how much extra effort you're wanting to put in & if you're up for it, i doubt anyone can pull it off as well as you! the article about hair color was great & you know your hair better than anyone else~

study Im so wishy washy when it comes to my color. I wanna try everything lol! I'd love to do it but I think the maintenance would just be ridiculous. I'm gonna hold off a couple more months and see what I wanna do. I don't wanna jump into it with the black because I'd pretty much have to stick with it until it grew out which would take forever. Thanks for your suggestions ladies, I really appreciate it! flower
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by FemmeFox on 8th February 2011, 6:07 pm

Ack! I'm too late to weigh in!! I'm like you Jlow in that I love to color my hair but am not so into maintenance. The style seems like a lot of upkeep. Right now I get my color touched up every 3 months and I'm lazy about making appt's lol. Can't wait to see what you do next!
avatar
FemmeFox

Posts : 925
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 38
Location : Fremont, CA/San Francisco, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 9th February 2011, 6:51 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Ack! I'm too late to weigh in!! I'm like you Jlow in that I love to color my hair but am not so into maintenance. The style seems like a lot of upkeep. Right now I get my color touched up every 3 months and I'm lazy about making appt's lol. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Your not too late Femme! The verdict is still out. Im gonna give it some time to really think about it. I need to get mine touched up but Im loving the growing out look.
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 15th February 2011, 2:02 am

Hello all!

Silk Elements has come out with their comparable line to Mixed Chicks, its called Mixed Silk. There is a leave-in, a shampoo and a deep conditioner. They are all regular priced $7.99 but they are on sale at Sally's right now for $5.99...

I bought the shampoo. They were out of the leave in. Evidently it's really popular because its out of stock instore and online. I'm gonna try to pick up the dc and the leave in the next couple weeks, hopefully. I'll post the shampoo review soon so keep on the lookout for that in the next week or so...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!


Last edited by jlowman1 on 15th February 2011, 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Kea::curls on 18th February 2011, 9:53 pm

Mixed Silk? That name sounds funny because...well silk is a fabric so technically its all from a combination of different "mixed" strands. lol. but anyways, i might have to check out the ingredients on the DC b/c the mixed chicks DC is the only part of that product line that works for me, but let me say that it :: WORKS :: Plus, even at the regular price, its already cheaper...
avatar
Kea::curls

Posts : 445
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 30
Location : Florida

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 19th February 2011, 1:27 pm

Kea::curls wrote:Mixed Silk? That name sounds funny because...well silk is a fabric so technically its all from a combination of different "mixed" strands. lol. but anyways, i might have to check out the ingredients on the DC b/c the mixed chicks DC is the only part of that product line that works for me, but let me say that it :: WORKS :: Plus, even at the regular price, its already cheaper...

After I read it, I was like that sounds familiar. Well Mixed Chicks has a product called Hair Silk lol its some kind of serum type deal. I'm gonna go back and get the DC next week, even though I don't need it Razz The leave in is what I really want, but I cant find it anywhere.
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Juices-n-Berries on 21st February 2011, 6:23 am

Just saying hello. Can't wait to see your review of the Mixed Silk.
avatar
Juices-n-Berries

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 32
Location : Houston, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 21st February 2011, 7:10 pm

Hey Jlow...

I thought about you when I was in Wal-Mart early Sunday morning. I say the InStyler and now I'm trying to decided between that and the Maxi Glide. I am starting to get the itch to straighten after my twist challenge ends in March. I stood there for about 25 minutes holding that thing....so needless to say I didn't get it!! LOL

So another product reveiw coming??? I can't wait. So what did you decided to do about coloring your hair?


avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by sweetdrk1 on 24th February 2011, 12:35 pm

Love the Avi!! I am getting sea sick! lol!
avatar
sweetdrk1

Posts : 8126
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 52
Location : Cliffton, NJ

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Juices-n-Berries on 24th February 2011, 12:46 pm

YESSS!!! That avi is siiicccckkkk!
avatar
Juices-n-Berries

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 32
Location : Houston, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 24th February 2011, 3:32 pm

@KHN: I didnt color it...YET! lol I'm still undecided on what I wanna do.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the Avi!! I am getting sea sick! lol!

Juices-n-Berries wrote:YESSS!!! That avi is siiicccckkkk!


Y'all are so silly, Thanks much you guys! I love you
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by freckledmom4 on 25th February 2011, 12:21 am

Yes, JLow, the waves are poppin'. I love the new avi girl. I'll have to live vicarioulsy through you since I'm locking my pj up for a while. Can't wait to see what you decide about the color.
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 41
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by NubieNatty on 25th February 2011, 3:11 am

ooooooh girl i peeped the avi n lovin the waves!!! i feel u on the color thing cuz i know im so indecisive myself but i do love some jet black! its so regal n classy, u can never go wrong wit the black but i hate that black n red are the hardest dmn colors to get rid of Mad


the thing about that silk elements or mixed silk..whatever that knock off azz mixed chicks products are...dmn chinese people dippin in and gettin in on the natural-ness so now they doin bootlegged products to cash in on our money! Evil or Very Mad i will NOT support they azzez. next thing u know they'll do their own version of Carol's Daughter n call it Cawol's Dotter Neutral thats why i take pride in supportin my peeps with black owned businesses!

however...one thing i will support is ur review Cool
avatar
NubieNatty

Posts : 3494
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 37
Location : pg county, md

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 25th February 2011, 2:52 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Yes, JLow, the waves are poppin'. I love the new avi girl. I'll have to live vicarioulsy through you since I'm locking my pj up for a while. Can't wait to see what you decide about the color.

Thanks freckledmom! Very Happy

NubieNatty wrote:ooooooh girl i peeped the avi n lovin the waves!!! i feel u on the color thing cuz i know im so indecisive myself but i do love some jet black! its so regal n classy, u can never go wrong wit the black but i hate that black n red are the hardest dmn colors to get rid of Mad


the thing about that silk elements or mixed silk..whatever that knock off azz mixed chicks products are...dmn chinese people dippin in and gettin in on the natural-ness so now they doin bootlegged products to cash in on our money! Evil or Very Mad i will NOT support they azzez. next thing u know they'll do their own version of Carol's Daughter n call it Cawol's Dotter Neutral thats why i take pride in supportin my peeps with black owned businesses!

however...one thing i will support is ur review Cool

You are so right about it being hard to get rid of, It's either grow it out or cut it on off. lmbo @ cawol's dotter!
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Kea::curls on 27th February 2011, 4:19 pm

beautiful avi !!! cheers
avatar
Kea::curls

Posts : 445
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 30
Location : Florida

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 on 27th February 2011, 9:55 pm

Kea::curls wrote:beautiful avi !!! cheers

Thanks Kea! Very Happy
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum