CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method

+91
yldthng
Ambitious_Tiff
CurlyMo
mick123
JaliseH
crimsonpeach
Ainsleytom
Madeaj
blackice82
coilykinks
aggiegem
EastAfricanCurly
QuirkyCurly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
funkyhairchic
SummerSkye
amyleia
Sebastain13
krissyc39
letha
stevenson
cha_phylicia
GodsNaturalBeauti
CiaE
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
FreshNsweeT
CurlyChefRobin
Issie
CocoaDreamee
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
cutie_curli
NubbieNaturalNik
TheRYL1
Freeatlast41
drawmuhfree
royanu
Muz
HazelEyes
ladybee84
R2D2
krazy coils
Ms Tavia
70's BabyGirl
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
Mllebutterfly
tiashaunteé
CurlsGalore
Naturalpenny
SisterBoyd
prymd95
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Mz. Thang
ChrsLvsBks
Reshon30
Peggy
rosscd
GrowingThere
RoseNaturalBeauty
loveself247
NhappyJackie
kinkylover!
AfroButtafly
curlyq145
MeekMonique
Silkee
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jamaicacurl
niknak19
quake_19
chocrose
Sunni J
Moni
mojitochica
afroness
sweetnat
cinnamoncurlz
Queen
JoyCurl
*CurlyNikki*
Tam
gammainme
AfrikanLatina
95 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 2 Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by Moni 10th November 2009, 3:35 am

I use the OCM and love it! I've been using a mix of about 30% castor oil to 70% EVOO and my combination, acne prone skin had been clearer than it's been in years. Unfortunately I had a huge setback last week when I went away and forgot my oil mix, but now I'm back on track. I use the OCM every night with no problem. After rinsing with cold water, I apply pure aloe vera gel with a few drops of my oil mixture to moisturize. In the morning, I just wash my face with plain water and apply my sunscreen. My face glows.

About twice a week I'll use a paste of baking soda and water for extra exfoliation and also to help fade my acne scars. I would love to add a retinol and/or glycolic product to help fade them even faster. Any suggestions?
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by afroness 11th November 2009, 12:11 am

Hey Moni,
When you say 30% and 70%, how much is that in oz or spoons. is that like 3ozs of castor and 7oz of olive? or in spoon eqivalent?
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 11th November 2009, 12:47 am

afroness wrote:Hey Moni,
When you say 30% and 70%, how much is that in oz or spoons. is that like 3ozs of castor and 7oz of olive? or in spoon eqivalent?

Yup, that's right. I don't measure precisely, but if you want to that's the way to do it. I just pour each oil each into the bottle that I use and then shake it up to mix the ingredients.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by afroness 11th November 2009, 1:54 am

Thx moni, I'll try that mix and see how it works out for me. My skin is acne prone since hitting 25 years old... go figure, I never had a acne problem all through high school then I hit 25 and BAM!! I look like a teeage girl [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hope this OCM works for me too.
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

Post by afroness 11th November 2009, 1:56 am

gammainme wrote:good to know, thanks afroness (esp on the chapped lips)- that beret looks good on you!
Thx for the compliment Diva [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni J 12th November 2009, 10:50 am

Because I had these products at the house, I decided to try it. I mixed 2/3 castor oil with 1/3 olive oil ( I have serious serious oily skin). The first go around I massaged into my skin and instantly noticed my makeup lifting. I have a slight break out on my right check, but while massaging my skin I saw the pimp becoming more pronounced. This worried me at first until I realized that the oil was lifting from the blemish. AMAZING! I the rinsed with cool water and massaged oil again ( I was wearing make up that day) I followed with a hot wash cloth. When I removed the cloth I was amazed. My face looked very matte I guess you could say. Not so oily even after a wash. LOVE IT! This morning i just washed with a moisturizing cleanser and mosturized with a spf lotion. Face looks amazing after just one day. Def going to continue with this for a trial week and see how it looks.

*-Side Note-*
We are grown ups, so with me being pre menstral, Im going to see how this affects my skin. About this time it just gets super out of control.
Sunni J
Sunni J

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 12th November 2009, 1:53 pm

I'm loving that you ladies are having such great results with this method.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by chocrose 12th November 2009, 7:39 pm

I'm interested in trying this as I've been looking for a good natural face cleanser and moisturizer, but being prone to breakouts, I'm a little nervous to stray from the path that i've been on that has been working for me.

Although, I'm not entirely sure whether it's the regimen (products I use now) or the fact that I stopped drinking regular milk and switched to organic. I know that alone was a HUGE help. I'm guessing it's more of the milk than the products, so I WILL be giving this oil stuff a try. Just not when I have anything coming up where I need to look cute! lol (just in case!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

chocrose

Back to top Go down

Post by quake_19 12th November 2009, 11:53 pm

After stalking this page at work today, I tried this method tonight. I like the way my skin felt after I washed off the mixture, however, the area around my nose is slightly red now. I don't know if this is from the warm cloth or what, but that is the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow. Has that ever happened to any of you?
quake_19
quake_19

http://public.fotki.com/curlycrecia/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 13th November 2009, 12:47 am

@quake: My skin always looks terrible after I finish oil cleansing, but it looks beautiful the next morning. I massage for about 5 minutes, then rinse and reapply the hot washcloth about 4 or 5 times, so it's not surprising that my skin is red afterward.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by quake_19 13th November 2009, 10:43 am

@Moni: Thanks for the insight. I woke up this morning to a glowing face, and I'm very pleased with my results. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your experiences and this recipe. Who knew skin and hair care could be so inexpensive?
quake_19
quake_19

http://public.fotki.com/curlycrecia/

Back to top Go down

Post by niknak19 13th November 2009, 8:56 pm

I could not believe I have never heard about this. But thx to CN I am in the loop. I have been doing this method for 2 days and already see a difference. My skin is less oily, almost matte. But when I woke up this morning my eyebrows looked great. They looked like I had filled them in with a pencil. I used 30% castor oil and the rest EVOO. Definitely a keeper [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
niknak19
niknak19

http://www.helixwellness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 13th November 2009, 11:33 pm

I didn't know there was a thread for this! I read about this method on the main CN page by curlyfrizz. So I tried it last night. I have the castor oil in the little bottle meant for taking when you have an upset stomach or something so I wasn't sure if that's the kind I need to be putting on my face.

Instead I used 25% coconut oil and 75% EVOO and did the cleansing method, then applied hot washcloth to my face for a few seconds and wiped the oil off. I was pleasantly surprised at the results and the fact that my face didn't feel dry! Esp around my mouth and nose. This morning I woke and realized my skin still felt moisturized but not oily/greasy. I washed with water and applied Aloe vera gel and a drop of EVOO for moisturizer (habit).

I will definitely be doing this method for at least a week to see if the great results continue.

I've never really had an issue with my skin but have always made sure to take care of it. Then after I had kids I noticed the skin on my face changed...little bumps all over (nobody else ever notices but I do!). So I blame changes in hormones but I also realized that I've dropped the ball on my skincare since having to take care of a 1 year old and 3 year old!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 13th November 2009, 11:40 pm

Jamaicacurl, coconut oil and evoo are both moisturizing oils. Eventually you will need to cleanse your face.
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th November 2009, 1:30 am

SO WITH THIS METHOD, DO YOU HAVE TO EVENTUALLY CLEANSE WITH SOAP AND WATER OR SOME SORT OF DRYING AGENT?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 14th November 2009, 1:45 am

^^No, the castor oil is the cleansing agent and the other oil is the moisturizer. Not sure why the boldness won't go away...
mojitochica
mojitochica

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th November 2009, 2:11 am

I ASK BECAUSE I WAS TRYING THIS METHOD EARILIER THIS YEAR. I DON'T REMEMBER HOW LONG I WAS DOING IT FOR BUT AFTER AWHILE I WAS GETTING PIMPLES LIKE CRAZY. I REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT WAS GREAT. MY SKIN IS NATURALLY OILY AND I DONT USUALLY HAVE PROBLEMS. SO I THOUGHT THIS WAS WEIRD. ANYWAY THAT IS WHY I STOPPED. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 14th November 2009, 2:29 am

Itell how often were you doing the method and what ratio were you using?
mojitochica
mojitochica

Back to top Go down

Post by chocrose 14th November 2009, 2:50 am

Before I start this method, officially, I've realized I've had a few questions running through my head that I just have to ask no matter how silly or odd I think they may be. I know that castor oil is used as the cleansing agent, but it's also known to grow and thicken hair. I've read that some ladies have experienced longer eyelashes and fuller eyebrows. So given this, I now have a couple of possibly odd questions lol.

1) For those who have experienced eyebrow thickening, this isn't a super crazy thick, we're talking about right? Just a simple general fullness? No unibrowness going on? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2) Has anyone ever exprienced growing extra facial hair? (I am not ashamed to have thought of this question lol)

3) I can definitely do some research on this myself, and I will, but are there any other cleansing oils. Castor oil seems to be the only that I've come across.

4) If you use coconut oil as your moisturizing oil, does the coconut oil solidify next to the castor oil like it does on it's own?

Thanks, just had to ask. Please don't stone me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

chocrose

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 14th November 2009, 10:55 am

Those are great questions chocrose!

1 & 2. I haven't experienced any additional hair growth, but my mixture is mostly sunflower oil.

3. I don't know. Fill us in on what you find.

4. I forgot about coconut oil's high solidity temperature (76º F). I'm thinking it would separate from the castor oil and solidify, but you could always nuke for a few seconds before you cleanse if you live in a colder climate. Although now that I think about it the coconut oil should melt once it hits your hands.

And we're nice around here. There will be no stoning!
mojitochica
mojitochica

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 14th November 2009, 11:57 am

mojitochica wrote:Jamaicacurl, coconut oil and evoo are both moisturizing oils. Eventually you will need to cleanse your face.

OK thanks. So can I use the castor oil that I have or do I have to get a special castor oil?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 14th November 2009, 1:12 pm

I use regular castor oil.
mojitochica
mojitochica

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 14th November 2009, 6:05 pm

Ok....I had already mixed my EVOO and castor oil so maybe I'll add castor oil to it. Or is that gonna be too much?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 14th November 2009, 6:42 pm

Jamaicacurl, I would start making mini batches using 4 teaspoons until you find the ratio that works for your skin. If your skin is oily use more castor oil. If your skin is dry use more of the moisturizing oil. In your case just use your previous mix for your moisturizing oil. Good luck!
mojitochica
mojitochica

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 14th November 2009, 9:55 pm

I agree with Mojito, Jamaica. When you wash your face in the morning you could use a little bit of that oil to moisturize your face because you won't need to oil cleanse at night and again in the morning.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next