CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitamins/Supplements

+4
HappyCurly
Treece
DivinelyDesigned
Songwriter88
8 posters

Go down

Vitamins/Supplements Empty Vitamins/Supplements

Post by Songwriter88 28th April 2010, 11:56 am

The last time that I had a perm was in Feb of this year well I really wouldnt call it that because it didnt take which I seen as a sign. Anyway lol...I am still learning about natural hair, and as of right now I have braids (synthetic) in my hair. I have not started to talk any vitamins and I was wondering which vitamins do you recommend that are not so pricey. Thanks please respond
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Vitamins/Supplements Empty Re: Vitamins/Supplements

Post by DivinelyDesigned 28th April 2010, 3:56 pm

I'm not really that informed on different types of vitamins...but a multivitamin may be a good start for you just for your overall health. You can pretty much find these anywhere. Walmart, Target, GNC, etc for less than 10 bucks.
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 28th April 2010, 5:07 pm

A multivitamin like womans one a day? or a different one?
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinelyDesigned 29th April 2010, 3:22 pm

Yes that's the one I have. I got it from Walmart and it's by Equate
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 18th May 2010, 10:49 pm

My hair stylist recommends B vitamins, try a B-Complex, those are pretty cheap and even have Biotin. The good thing about these is that they are water soluble, and not fat soluble meaning your body will flush out what it does not want/need (so your urine may be a brighter color, don't be alarmed), instead of storing it, so you can't overdose (unless you really overdo it), but you really don't need more than one per day.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th May 2010, 11:24 pm

i get a lot of energy from centrum vitamins. they can be a little pricy, but i think it's worth it. maybe take them every other day? they are kinda big so i'm about to start cutting them in half, not sure if i will take both halves in one day or not.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by VonAngel 19th May 2010, 12:37 am

I take Biotin daily. I tried the one in Walmart (Spring Valley brand) for a while, and I have to say that I wasn't very impressed. So, I switched to Puritan Pride a couple of months ago, and I can see a difference. Remember tho, it's to promote healthy hair, nails, and skin. The hair on your head may grow a faster rate, but that means hair everywhere else will do the same. Get my drift? Laughing Same for your nails. So, you might wanna keep those toenails trimmed often...w/ summer approaching and all.lol
VonAngel
VonAngel

http://angeliquethenovelist.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 19th May 2010, 10:01 am

LOl...hair all over the place whoa thats alot of shaving cream lol....I do have biotin, but I have not taken it yet for my own reasons. I did hear good things about biotin but I have a different brand I will see how that works.
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 24th June 2010, 1:41 pm

i'm trying out the GNC hair, skin and nails (crossing my fingers)
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Vitamins/Supplements Empty Using TWO to THREE years

Post by krys419 4th July 2010, 4:02 am

Ive always taken a multivitamin. then i added Biotin to it...which was great. thickened hair, and nails all over but made skin oily. then i replaced my multivitamin with Hair,skin,nails and stopped biotin since they already have it. Pretty much same affects,. i just hate that my hair all over thickens and my skin gets greasy. I suppose maybe go back to the multivitamin and take biotin every other day.

They work onders on nails and thickening of hair on head.

No NOTHING grows hair or nails faster. just makes it healthier and harder. i have been using for 2 or 3 years

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenacious99 5th July 2010, 9:31 pm

A salesperson at GNC recommended taking MSM and Vitamin C. I take 1,000 mg of each daily. She said that would aid in hair growth and I can tell a difference already (I've been taking it for about a month). Like a PP said, your hair starts to grow all over so I'm having to shave more often.

Tenacious99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down