CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes to Carrots drying?

+7
afrolicious
WalkingInDestiny
cutie_curli
SisterBoyd
raina
Curlock Holmes
hayylee
11 posters

Go down

Yes to Carrots drying? Empty Yes to Carrots drying?

Post by hayylee 27th April 2010, 2:14 am

I went to Target and got Yes to Carrots last week. I finally used it on Friday and again tonight and it dried my hair out something terrible!!! Friday I used it by itself after I co-washed with Organix Tea Tree Mint and Garnier S&S. Left it in for a couple of minutes and rinsed some of it out, and wore a wash and go style. This evening as I rinsed my hair with water I noticed it was kinda dry but paid it no mind. I washed my scalp with a little shampoo and put in a deep condition (Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak, Olive Oil, Coconut oil and YTC) left it in my hair for roughly 4 hrs and washed it out. My hair was not moisturized at all and it usually is after I DC. YTC was the only thing different I added to my DC so with this...I'm not gonna be using this product anymore and I am hoping Target will let me return it. Anyone else have this problem with YTC?

I'm a little sad because I was ubber excited about using this product!!
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Yes to Carrots drying? Empty Re: Yes to Carrots drying?

Post by Curlock Holmes 27th April 2010, 10:40 am

I havent tried YTC but I know that it does have a 'cone' in it, which is probably the reason that your DC didn't work-- you'd have to shampoo your hair to get the cones out.

People like Yes to Cucumbers (another thing I haven't tried) and it's cone free. Maybe you could exchange and see if that one works better?
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 27th April 2010, 2:46 pm

I think I will exchange it for the Cucumbers...I hope it does my hair good.
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 27th April 2010, 7:38 pm

Hi, I bought One of each. Last night I tried the yes to cucumbers and I thought it was very moisturizing. I am going to return the carrot one and get another cucumber one.Haylee if you get the cucumber one let us know how you like it .
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th May 2010, 5:58 pm

Were you able to exhanged your conditioner?

I'm using the Say Yes to Carrots right now and I love it! Its not drying on my hair at all. However, I cowash first with VO5 and then detangle with Say Yes to Carrots. It has great slip, spread, and detangles wonderfully. I would think the Tea Tree shampoo would be drying; well it would on my hair.

I have the Cucumbers, but haven't tried it yet. Its next in my rotation after I finish the Carrots. If I purchase again I will get the Cucumbers since it doesn't have cones. I didn't knowt he Carrots had the cone until after I bought it.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 10th May 2010, 9:13 pm

I found the yes to tomatoes at ross for the low and tried it. It is the business. I love it. Just the shampoo made by hair feel really soft. Im going to have to buy the conditioner at target. They didnt have the conditioner so I used something I already had. Maybe you should try that. Target also has small samples of natural products e.g. giovanni, yes to carrots, etc.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 10th May 2010, 10:17 pm

I too tried the YTC, maybe it's my hair, but it left it feeling really dry also. I was disappointed, because I was so excited about trying it. As cutie_curli stated Target does have samples, be sure to keep your receipt, they are usually good on returns.
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 18th January 2011, 3:09 pm

Maybe it's due to the carrot oil? Carrot Oil can do that to some individuals hair. I've been curious if the yest to carrots may do this.

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 18th January 2011, 4:00 pm

I love the YTCarrots it left my hair very moisturized and easy to detangle.. The YTCucumbers kind of left a wierd feeling like staw but it wasn't dry just sounded like straw when I touched it.. Hard to explain.. I've used the cuc as a Pre-poo and it worked great. Still have YTtom and waiting to see how that will go.. But YTCar is my staple co-wash conditioner..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 23rd January 2011, 1:05 am

It's not necessarily drying, it just doesn't really do anything special for my hair. I also tried Yes to Cucumbers and got the same lackluster results. Neutral
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 23rd January 2011, 2:21 am

My hair loooves YTCarrot!!! I use it as a conditioner and a detangler..Ive used the YT Cucumber as well, and found the carrot was more moisturizing..It seems like the carrot is more thicker then the cucumber and my hair loooves thick products soo thats why i think it loves it soo much..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by JennatheDreamcatcher 25th January 2011, 10:34 pm

Thank you for posting this!! I was beginning to think my tempermental hair has singled me out of the YTCa Club. But yes, this condish was def. a no go for me. It was an awesome detangler, but horrible as a leave cowash/ leave in conditioner. I didn't realize this was the culprit until it was too late, (I have a little less than half a bottle left) but I will NOT be using it- or repurchasing! pale
JennatheDreamcatcher
JennatheDreamcatcher

http://www.thelittleinjenthatcould.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down