CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Months Post Relaxer

+36
sweet_t
QueenIzMe
shauntielavette
cmonewms
prettyporsche_
MokikaStyle
pretty,Pleaseee
brownsuga83
Butterfly125
NaturallySonja
jazzwife
ThatGirl!
lashawnb
firety47
Special Momma
Tranquility
Vanisia3G
JossBella
DalsD
livingboldlyphw
CurlyChefRobin
songbird
Pandagirl
curl_Gurl
Afronique
jadore04
LayDeLibra
HappyCurly
CrissyQ
curlygirly14
ceaux
aprilj90
letha
michelle
Pinkpearls
*CurlyNikki*
40 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

5 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Months Post Relaxer

Post by curlygirly14 22nd May 2010, 9:18 pm

thx pinkperls i love your hair too it looks so long and healthy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlygirly14
curlygirly14

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 23rd May 2010, 5:53 pm

So I just went out and bought a heat protectant serum so I can just straighten it Sad kinda sad though, I was looking forward to trying to rock it curly
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 23rd May 2010, 8:00 pm

April what about wearing the headband with your hair pulled back.. You style was very curly which I like curly hairstyles.. See if that would work..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 23rd May 2010, 8:41 pm

Yea, I thought it worked better than without the headband. but it didn't really look right unless I put it in a pony tail (with the head band). It's hard for me to get my roots, where the new growth is, when I braid my hair so that part always comes out not curly
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaux 23rd May 2010, 9:56 pm

Pinkpearls wrote:Congrats Ceaux! Curlygirl, I like your hairstyle...your Avi pic is pretty. Thanks for the info. I also use coconut oil and love it.

Thanks! Congrats everyone! && hang in there Very Happy
ceaux
ceaux

http://naturallyglamorous.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirly14 24th May 2010, 3:03 pm

thx ceaux im hanging in there trying to get my friends to go natural too but one of them just made up her mind that natural hair is bad hair she says its too nappy it makes me angry when she talks like that but o well got to live with it till she finaly see's the light and smells the roses if you no what i mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlygirly14
curlygirly14

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirly14 24th May 2010, 3:28 pm

o i have only 4 more days and i will be 6 mounths post relaxer omg i am so hapy so i thot i would show pics of howe long my hair was when my 5 mounths post relaxer started my hair grows relly fast there is a alot of groth all the wavy parts are my new groth hop it inspiers some one lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] yes my hair was wet in pics[img][url=https://servimg.com/view/15243890/6][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/15/24/38/90/cimg3214.jpg[/img][/url]
curlygirly14
curlygirly14

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 24th May 2010, 10:28 pm

Your hair is beautiful curlygirl!! Smile congrats
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirly14 24th May 2010, 11:10 pm

thxs so mouch aprilj90 your hair is beautiful too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlygirly14
curlygirly14

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaux 3rd June 2010, 10:24 pm

curlygirly14 wrote:thx ceaux im hanging in there trying to get my friends to go natural too but one of them just made up her mind that natural hair is bad hair she says its too nappy it makes me angry when she talks like that but o well got to live with it till she finaly see's the light and smells the roses if you no what i mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your new growth is beautiful! I'm sure that when you're all natural you friend will want to go natural too Smile
ceaux
ceaux

http://naturallyglamorous.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th June 2010, 7:44 pm

I will be joing some of you guys soon, by the time i get here, some of you will have graduated. LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by curlygirly14 12th June 2010, 1:11 pm

thanx ceaux i hope that they will i just know they would love the curls that they find in there hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlygirly14
curlygirly14

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 12th June 2010, 11:59 pm

April:
That's a gorgeous braid and curl!!! It's how mine looks also when I do it. (I've just tried once following your steps, the other times were lazy.)

I think it suits you nicely. I know bf wasn't sure about it , but you didn't write what you thought of it. How did it feel to you?

I think the braid and curl pic makes you look a lot younger than the pic in your profile avatar. Maybe bf didn't feel comfortable going out with you looking extra young and curly...

you can still be excited about being/looking curly!! see if the look grows on you (and him). try again!

Pink Pearls, I also like your braid out. I never do anythign special to my edges to make them lay down; i'm nervous that too much tension on them or too much going in the same direction every time will hurt them. my edges already have less natural hair growth than the rest of my head does. not sure why...the crown has like several inches more than the edges! i let the edges be puffy, or pull the curls in front of the head band.

Last edited by HappyCurly on 13th June 2010, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by LayDeLibra 14th June 2010, 1:34 pm

Everyone's hair looks nice. I am at my 5 month mark going into 6 months and I am so tempted to just perm my hair. I am stuck at this point, my hair has grown out a lot and I am not sure if its the products or what but it's so dry and my hair is coarse and thick. I was using Giovanni's Shampoo and Deep Deep Conditioner but I guess it's time to change products. I also use Shea Butter and Coconut Oil to moisturize it. I am just stuck and don't know what else to do!!! Can anyone help a sista out please... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LayDeLibra
LayDeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th June 2010, 2:02 pm

LayDeLibra wrote:Everyone's hair looks nice. I am at my 5 month mark going into 6 months and I am so tempted to just perm my hair. I am stuck at this point, my hair has grown out a lot and I am not sure if its the products or what but it's so dry and my hair is coarse and thick. I was using Giovanni's Shampoo and Deep Deep Conditioner but I guess it's time to change products. I also use Shea Butter and Coconut Oil to moisturize it. I am just stuck and don't know what else to do!!! Can anyone help a sista out please... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

have you BC'd already? Or you still have relaxed ends?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LayDeLibra 14th June 2010, 2:26 pm

No I haven't BC'd, yea I still have some relaxed ends.
LayDeLibra
LayDeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th June 2010, 7:54 pm

LayDeLibra wrote:No I haven't BC'd, yea I still have some relaxed ends.

When do you plan on bc-ing
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LayDeLibra 18th June 2010, 9:49 pm

I plan on chopping b4 my bday in October, so hopefully September.
LayDeLibra
LayDeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st June 2010, 4:37 pm

I made 5 months saturday, the 19th relaxer free. i willupload some pics soon. My avi was taken on saturday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd July 2010, 1:43 pm

5 months and i got my first puff, check it out

dont mind the gray,it will not be there for long

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 13th July 2010, 2:04 am

hello(: everyone im five months post relaxer!! im kinda off with the time period but oh well! I saw a few posts about having trouble detangling but oddly enough i'm not having a hard time detangling. I bought a really nice detangler comb from walmart that almost resembles the quidad that curlynikki was talking about in a post about detangling and i have giovanni's deep moisture conditioner which has ALOT OF SLIP. so really my hair not been giving me trouble. the only thing i have noticed is that my hair is breaking possibly just due to the line of demarcation and just going through a transition. I moisturize and i gave myself a protein treatment so that is the only conclusion i have come to. best of luck everyone!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

5 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty newbie

Post by Afronique 16th July 2010, 12:22 pm

Hello everyone I'm new to this site and love it!
I haven't relaxed my hair in five months cheers hasn't been easy I was that girl that relaxed and trim every 6 weeks lol.....but I'm so excited about going natural Laughing I plan to do the bc in late Dec eary Jan......my favorite product so far is kinky curly works great on my curls can't wait to see the full results when I do the bc.......currently I have my hair braided not with weave just my hair.......its nice so far.

Afronique

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 23rd July 2010, 12:29 pm

I might do the big chop sooner than later! wayy sooner! I am just nervous. I have a feeling i am going to put braids in it right when i big chop! Sad I am just having a really hard time managing the two textures all of a sudden!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Afronique 23rd July 2010, 9:21 pm

I'm with you on doing the BIG CHOP sooner.....its becoming difficult manage the two textures....im unsure about doing the bc, I have always had long relaxed hair but, I know I will have to do it at some point I was thinking about maybe late october? Not too sure tho..... Breakage is my concern as well

Afronique

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 29th July 2010, 1:28 pm

@Afronique yes that's been my main problem breakage and i know this comes with the process of long term transitioning and constantly keeping my hair conditioned has been a struggle recently. . . I've always had shoulder length and a little bit longer all my life so cutting it off is going to be so hard for me. but good luck!! I'm thinking i'll BC in November maybe? we'll see (: or my 20th birthday haha
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next