CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Months Post Relaxer

+36
sweet_t
QueenIzMe
shauntielavette
cmonewms
prettyporsche_
MokikaStyle
pretty,Pleaseee
brownsuga83
Butterfly125
NaturallySonja
jazzwife
ThatGirl!
lashawnb
firety47
Special Momma
Tranquility
Vanisia3G
JossBella
DalsD
livingboldlyphw
CurlyChefRobin
songbird
Pandagirl
curl_Gurl
Afronique
jadore04
LayDeLibra
HappyCurly
CrissyQ
curlygirly14
ceaux
aprilj90
letha
michelle
Pinkpearls
*CurlyNikki*
40 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

5 Months Post Relaxer - Page 5 Empty Re: 5 Months Post Relaxer

Post by prettyporsche_ 3rd January 2011, 6:53 pm

5 months tomorrow! [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

prettyporsche_
prettyporsche_

https://facebook.com/porsche.olivia

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsuga83 4th January 2011, 1:04 am

Okay ladies I am officially 5 months post relaxer!!! Woo hoo cheers I just got finished washing my hair and I got so tired of my relaxed ends that I've almost cut them off completely! Yes I cut it! Needless to to say if I really knew what I was doing I'd probably be completely natural tonite. Yes my hair is uneven but I still have enough hair to grab and put in bantu knots. It is great to really start seeing my natural curls now. Since my hair is curling up so much I've decided to use the Granier Fructis Curl Cream tonight to see what the effects will be in the morning. When I was cutting the relaxed ends all I could hear in me head was the song "I see you true colors shining through..." Even though I really don't know how to cut my hair it felt soooo good to see those relaxed ends in the sink. LOL I'll upload a pic tomorrow so you ladies can see the results. I almost have a TWA. Til tomorrow ladies. Smooches!
brownsuga83
brownsuga83

http://heardgrapevine.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmonewms 6th January 2011, 9:51 pm

Hi guys I hit my 5th month of transitioning jan. 1st. I started tranisitioning and was just getting blow outs once a month but decided due to fear of heat damage not to get it anymore so my last blow out was dec.1. I got a weave and kept in in ffor about 2 weeks but got sick of it and took it out. The first time i actually washed my hair without applying any heat to it was christmas day. I washed it twice that week because the products i used made my hair fill dirty and i didnt like it. This time my hair doesnt feel dirty, but ive been trying braid outs and twist outs. The problem is although my permed hair feels soft and mositured by new growth feels dry and brittle. has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution. I'm really trying to make my hair all around soft and mositurized.
cmonewms
cmonewms

http://extraordinarythought.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsuga83 7th January 2011, 2:54 am

cmonewms wrote:Hi guys I hit my 5th month of transitioning jan. 1st. I started tranisitioning and was just getting blow outs once a month but decided due to fear of heat damage not to get it anymore so my last blow out was dec.1. I got a weave and kept in in ffor about 2 weeks but got sick of it and took it out. The first time i actually washed my hair without applying any heat to it was christmas day. I washed it twice that week because the products i used made my hair fill dirty and i didnt like it. This time my hair doesnt feel dirty, but ive been trying braid outs and twist outs. The problem is although my permed hair feels soft and mositured by new growth feels dry and brittle. has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution. I'm really trying to make my hair all around soft and mositurized.

Do you deep condition your hair?
brownsuga83
brownsuga83

http://heardgrapevine.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmonewms 7th January 2011, 1:14 pm

I just tried a carrot cholestrol deep condition the other day but after my hair dried it made my hair feel worst than before...it always made my hair feel so soft but this time it had the opposite affect
cmonewms
cmonewms

Back to top Go down

5 Months Post Relaxer - Page 5 Empty 5 months post relaxer.

Post by shauntielavette 9th January 2011, 1:05 am

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

shauntielavette
shauntielavette

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenIzMe 24th January 2011, 1:56 pm

Hey ladies! Hit the 5th month mark a little over a week ago and it feels awesome. There's this sense of accomplishment like none other before, so there's definitely no turning back now. Last night I trimmed about an inch off and did a twist-out on wet hair after a much needed protein treatment and deep condish. These are the results(in my avi). Now I just need it to last a few days in this interesting(smh) texas weather. Smile
QueenIzMe
QueenIzMe

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_t 30th January 2011, 1:51 am

Hey ladies! I'm new to this site and so glad I found it. Anyway...I am 5 months post relaxer, and I was so lost on what to do with my hair. I tried my first braidout 2 days ago, and it turned out great.

Day One

Day Two
sweet_t
sweet_t

Back to top Go down

Post by cmonewms 2nd February 2011, 11:25 pm

ladies... this 5 month mark is simply great for me... im really getting the itch to cut my hair after my last wash I took the time to really look at my hair and curls. I have so many and a few different kinds from waves to spirls to tight coils.. im loving it.. Im so happy that I decided to go natural! I know this sounds like a rant I'm just so in love with my hair. I hope everyone gets to have that "ahh I love my hair" moment[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]][url=[/url[url=[url=https://servimg.com/view/16055155/6][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]]
cmonewms
cmonewms

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 6th February 2011, 3:03 pm

I did a mini chop think im going to cut again at the end of the summer idk yet...
[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

https://www.facebook.com/#!/eryn.keesee

Back to top Go down

Post by lanay 11th February 2011, 4:09 pm

Here are a couple of pics of my hair at 5 months

I tried eco gel on the back & later found out that when it dries white flakes appear =p which sucks butt but oh well (oh sorry I forgot to flip the picture lol)

lanay
lanay

Back to top Go down

Post by ayfdavis 24th March 2011, 8:33 pm

I am 5 months into my transistion...I am in the military and I have to wear my hair pulled up above my collar. Any suggestions on hairstyles? Also I work out most mornings and I found that my roots get very dry and tangled by the end of the week? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I am starting to feel like this is going to be too much for me to handle

ayfdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyNatural 25th March 2011, 11:01 pm

I'm 5 months into my transition and LOVING it ! I see how my natural hair looks at this point coz I have a cutting problem loll I'm anxious to see what texture I have .. so far it looks like 4b/c >.> lol considering my dad and mom's hair i thought I'd have at least 3a? But I LOVE my hair anyway! lol .. I can't wait until I'm past a year .. I hope I can hold out without cutting it.
NappilyNatural
NappilyNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5