CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for Orlando Curlies

2 posters

Go down

Questions for Orlando Curlies Empty Questions for Orlando Curlies

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 22nd April 2010, 2:44 pm

Hi, I'm going to Orlando, Florida from May 16-May 29. I'm starting off my heat-free summer with two-strand twists in back and flat twists in front (I really hope I can pull that off) for this trip.
I just would like to know what kinds of styles you wear and what lasts for you. Also, is it already really hot and humid in Orlando by May? I'm praying my twist style lasts me my whole trip but I'll be bringing hair stuff with me in case I have to move to plan B and do some wash-n-go's. How do wash-n-go's work for you, btw?
Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Questions for Orlando Curlies Empty Re: Questions for Orlando Curlies

Post by Hollis 22nd April 2010, 9:42 pm

Hey,

Its been around 80 degrees and not too humid. I think it is going to start getting close to the 90's, will probably be around that when you get to Orlando. I have been doing wash n go's with devacare one condition and devacurl angel and the devacurl set it free. The set if free has really kept my hair from frizzing up. I would have done twist but I am nervous that it won't look right on me or I won't have enough hair for it to look full. I think the twists will hold up for at least two weeks depending on your hair type. If your hair is anything like mine it would probably last a week and a half to two weeks exactly. The humidity is definitely different from NY but lately there has been a breeze so it hasn't been that bad. I hope I was able to help you.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 22nd April 2010, 11:42 pm

Hi Hollis!
Thanks, that was very helpful information. I don't know my hair type...looking at your picture I'm not sure if my hair could do what yours is doing (very pretty btw). I was surprised to see you say that you weren't sure you had enough hair for twists to look full. Again, from your picture I think I have the same amount of hair as you and I've done it before- it looked fine.
Anyway, thank you again!
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 23rd April 2010, 8:47 pm

Your welcome! Thank you for the compliment! My hair looks somewhat full in that picture because I did some serious fluffing right before taking it lol. My hair is very fine, I just got it cut in layers to add more volume. Maybe I will try the twists again. I had started and it was taking forever just to do 5 of them but that was towards the back where my hair is thickest. I'm afraid when I get to the top it will be to spacey looking. I used to get cornrows all the time but maybe I will try the flat twists in the front like you and the loose ones in the back. Smile
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 23rd April 2010, 9:36 pm

Yeah you should try it too, and post your pics [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down