CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY

+22
CurlsGalore
jlowman1
krazy coils
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
Pinkrage
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Intelligentbeauty
ktoliver5303
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
LaToya28
NhappyJackie
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Nikcoils
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
KnottyKinkyMommy
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Empty Re: KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 14th May 2010, 1:48 pm

@ Femme Fox Thanks for stopping by! Smile My prince is Prince Nuada from Hellboy II: The Golden Army. I love make-up (mainly movie make-up like The Cell, Hellboy, pretty much anything thats dark, pale, exotic or demonic, etc) but can't put it on me or anyone else to save my life.

@ krazy koils & jlowman1 thanks for stopping by ladies! Smile I wish you ladies had told me about Jane Carter's Leave in and castor oil sooner! This is my first leave in and so far I really like it!
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Empty Re: KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY

Post by Lynnieluve 14th May 2010, 6:48 pm

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Icon_cheers for finding things your hair loves!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th May 2010, 3:05 pm

I love extreme movie make-ups! I saw a lot of the HellboY II make-ups but I missed this one. I need to rent the movie. I love all the production on it. Guillermo del Toro is also a make-up artist!

Ps<--- yaaaaaaaaay for castor oil!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 19th May 2010, 3:13 pm

Castor oil is awesome!!! When I had my baby twists with extensions last month, I used it on my scalp and ends. After six weeks, I took them down, and my hair felt like baby hair! So soft and moisturized! My hair never felt like that after braids, EVER! Castor oil have a new love relationship!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th May 2010, 3:37 pm

Hey KnottyKinky,

I LOVED the make up in the cell. I will watch that movie over and over. Found it creepy but couldn't take my eyes off the characters!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 22nd May 2010, 4:12 pm

@ FemmeFox: I love Guillermo del Torro...I'm looking forward to seeing Splice!

@ Poeticlyspkng: Yes, it is creepy but in a visually breathtaking way, lol. I especially love when the "creepy, horned demonic bad guy" is on his throne...and when he gets up, the purple cape unfurls around the room...MY GOD!!!

Hair Update:

I don't have much to report except that I banded my hair twice. It has helped with tangles. I also attempted to cornrow the front of my hair, which is only 2 inches long. I couldn't believe I could catch most of it. I'm also suffering from an extreme case of "hand in fro" disease. Anyhow, below are some pics of the banding process and the outcome:
**For some reason slideshows are not working anymore so you have to click this link to view the slideshow (it's short)...will add regular pics later**

https://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z120/NaturaLei/?action=view&current=cbab84e1.pbw

Last edited by KnottyKinkyMommy on 22nd May 2010, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd May 2010, 4:15 pm

Hey lady! just wanted to pop in and say hello Smile i too suffer from Hand In Fro Disease. I tried to control it but nothing works so I just live with it Smile
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 24th May 2010, 3:34 pm

Thanks for stopping by missmoriah! I think my HIFD is incurable as well, lol.

Mini Update:

I twisted my hair again. It took less time and I can tell my hair grew a little bit because I didn't have to make my twists so small. I can never keep a style for long so I am wondering how long this will last

I tried Aloe Butter and Babbasu Oil on my hair. Me no likey, My hair felt oiled by dry and greasy afterwards. I will be sticking with my Olive Butter and Castor Oil.

Ashanti's hair is looking better with each day. Still battling with that short patch in the back-right side of her head but it is coming along...slowly but surely. Her hair digs the Olive Butter and Castor Oil as well.

Will post pics when I am feeling less lazy...

Over and Out!
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th May 2010, 4:23 pm

Hey KKM

The slide show is very nice!! I tried the banding method back in January...I guess I didn't do it right because the next day I had more of a fro instead of my curls!! KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Icon_rr

Anyway...you are doing a great job with your hair update. I will be sure to visit more often. **letting myself out the back door waving**

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th May 2010, 1:04 pm

Morning KKM!

I don't know if I'm going to see Splice (I'm kinda chicken) but I am interested in all the make-ups. I am dying to learn how to apply prosthetics. I just need to take a SFX make-up course.

Glad that your have success with Ashanti's hair and yours too. Will be back soon for another visit!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Empty Update time

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 22nd June 2010, 3:00 pm

@KNH Thanks for stopping by!
@FemmeFox I saw Splice and it was a big letdown. Surprised( And I'm sure a SFX course would be awesome.

Hair Update:

As of June 11th, I am now 4 months post chop!!

I took some pictures of my little puff today, and I am pleased to say that it is growing in nicely. I am a little over the halfway mark towards reaching my mini goal of 4 inches. And I can not explain to you how thick my hair is!!

Stretched fro pics:
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Img_2710KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Img_2711

Not bad for 4 months...

Ashanti's Hair is on the grow as well (it looks tighter than what it is):
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Img_2712

Our regimens are still the same but I've switched some products around:

Renpure Organics Moisturizing Shampoo (sulfate free)
Renpure Organics Moisturizing Conditioner (cone free)
Jane Carter Solution Leave In Conditioner
Taliah Waajid's Protective Bodifier Mist
Taliah Waajid's Herbal Conditioner
Castor Oil
Olive Oil
Olive Butter
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Empty Mini update

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 26th July 2010, 8:07 pm

My Hair Update:

I'm 5 1/2 months post chop. My hair is anywhere from 2-3 inches depending on where you pull. I'm on a personal 30 day twist challenge (July 18 -- August 18). I'm wearing a wig over my twists. This is really preventing me from playing in my hair which is awesome. Also, I think my growth spurt has slowed down a bit.

I am a moisturizer junkie!!! I have sooo many moisturizers/butters: Afroveda Curl Define Cream, Afroveda Shea Amla butter, KBB hair milk, 2 Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butters, Oyin handmade Whipped Pudding, Shea Butter, Olive Butter, and two small things of Sweet Almond Butter and Avocado butter. TOO MUCH BUTTER!!!

Anyhow, since I'm in twists my regimen is soo simple. Every Sunday, I shampoo with whatever is around, deep condition with Cholesterol, spray with Darcy's Herbal Leave in, Moisturize with CD's Healthy Hair Butter and seal with JBCO. Then I twist my hair. I usually spritz, moisturize and seal my hair/twists almost daily.

***Sidenote*** I hate the way JBCO smells, but I love Castor Oil.

Ashanti's Hair Update:

I'm amazed at how much her hair has grown in...her little patch in the back and right side of her hair is long enough for boxed ponytwists without slipping out. YAY! I've only been using 2 products on her hair: Jane Carter Leave In Spray and Castor Oil. I'm out of the JC Leave in so I'll be using the Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave in Spritz. Now, I never shampoo her hair or cowash it. All I do is rinse is with water, spray a watery leave in, and seal with Castor Oil. Her hair is loving this!!
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th July 2010, 8:33 pm

Congrats
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th July 2010, 9:01 pm

Congratulations your hair has grown a lot since your BC!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 26th July 2010, 10:03 pm

Wow! You are having some amazing growth. I'm going to have to try castor oil next.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 20th September 2010, 3:07 pm

@ sweetdrk1, Krazy Coils and MomnWife: Thank you!!

Major Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 MONTHS POST CHOP
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 6_mont10

Wigged Out as a Protective Style
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Wigged10
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 Img_2910

7 MONTHS POST CHOP

Oh, and as of last week I am officially 7 months post chop. My camera isn't here so I've taken a couple of "not so good" pictures with my phone. Grow Fro Grow!

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 7_mont10
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 3 7_mont11

The thickness of this stuff is killing me. I hate dealing with it so I'm either in a puff or braided/twisted under a wig. I'm still in love with Castor Oil--that oil is the truth! I've discovered my staples and I'm loving the simplicity of it. I've narrowed it down to:

Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle)
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier
Water + Rosemary EO
Castor Oil + Rosemary EO

Yup, thats what my hair likes. The above keep my hair very happy and I've shaken off the PJ bug! Go me!

My Milestone list (the ones in bold have been achieved!!!):

#1 Be able to wear a headband
#2 Be able to wear a shrunken puff and look halfway decent
#3 Get to the length that I was at during my 1st attempt at being natural
#4 Ear Length Hair

#5 The Frohawk!!
#6 NL Hair
#7 Make a Ponytail (to Wear a Fake Puff)
#8 SL Hair
#9 Make 2 big PonyPuffs / 2 big Cornrows
#10 Be able to put 10 big twists in my hair at night and call it a day
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 20th September 2010, 9:13 pm

Hi KKM
Just stopping by to say hi. I want you to stay encouraged about your baby girl. My little one came into the world with no hair and now she has more than enough. It really didn't start really growing until she turned about 26 months. I have a pic of her on my page if you want to see what you have to look foward to.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th September 2010, 10:18 pm

I saw your pics in the 3 month growth challenge thread and I don't think you're in the twa stage anymore because your hair has really grown! I am so with you on number 10 on your milestone list. I will be so happy when I can just put 5 twists or plaits on each side of my head and call it a day (lol).
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th September 2010, 10:28 pm

Oh I second being able to put in 10 big twists! But your hair is growing quite nicely still. How often do you use the castor oil?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 21st September 2010, 5:30 pm

@ KeAnia: Thanks for dropping by and leaving words of encouragement. I really appreciated that.

@ krazy coils: Yay for being done with the TWA phase. Thats a very fierce Avatar pic by the way!

@ poeticlyspkng: I use Castor Oil almost everyday. I use it for random scalp massages but I use it daily as a sealer. (For me, its best to use it on damp/wet hair.) I can't get over how soft it makes my hair.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st September 2010, 7:09 pm

WOW...look at that growth!!! 7 months...that's amazing. You are the walking testimony for castor oil making the hair grow and keeping it simple!!

Love your wigs...great protective style!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 21st September 2010, 8:31 pm

KKM
Your very welcome. What type of castor oil are you using?
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 22nd September 2010, 12:20 pm

@ KinkyNappyHappy: Thanks! and yes, Castor Oil is serious!

@ KeAnia: At first I was using cold pressed Castor Oil from oilsbybnature.com Then I used JBCO (which absorbs better and has a faint smell of ashes) and now I am using Heritage Castor Oil which is also cold pressed. I can't decide which one I like better but they are all pretty much the same.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3