CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perfecting the center part

3 posters

Go down

Perfecting the center part Empty Perfecting the center part

Post by bklynmama1 11th April 2010, 11:57 am

It takes me FOREVER to get a decent center part in my daughters hair. Does anyone have any tips on getting good straight center parts? Please share the wealth, my baby girl is tired of having off centered, crooked, non-crisp parts lol!!
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Perfecting the center part Empty Re: Perfecting the center part

Post by NikG20 11th April 2010, 8:10 pm

lol This is funny. People think I'm good at parting, but I'm really not. I have gotten much better with time though. Listen, December '08 I put my daughters hair in two regular pigtails, we're walking inside Walmart and I notice her part went from like the middle of her head to the far right! It was horrible. LOL! I mean, how did that happen?!? It looked straight from where I was sitting at the time.

Anyway, enough of that.

I use a metal rat tail comb now. Of course, I start parting on completely detangled hair. I use the end of the metal rat tail comb, then I go over it with the other side. Work your way down, inch by inch. Part an inch or so, stop, look, part an inch or so, stop, look. You know what I mean? lol I hope that makes sense. You know when you just start from the front and try to part all the way back, it doesn't work.

Also, when you're putting pigtails, I notice the part will look totally straight, so what I do is take both sides of hair, one in left hand, one in right, pull them up to where I want the ponytails to be, 9 times out of 10 the part is WAY off. I don't know why, but definitely try that next time you do pigtails. It helps.

Good luck!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th April 2010, 8:28 pm

As a child i could feel when the part was crooked and I would tell my mom. The method that I had her to use was to start in the middle of my nose just above my lip and come straight back! (use a rat tail comb)
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 11th April 2010, 8:40 pm

lol, I'm getting no help from my daughter. She's only 18 months and a HUGE part of the problem. She's always batting the comb out of my hand when it comes into her line of sight. I bribe her to be still with Nick Jr and she gets "annoyed" when I stand in front of her (read: in between her and Yo Gabba Gabba!) to check out the part. I'm going to try the inch by inch method tomorrow and swap out my plastic rat tail for a metal one.
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th April 2010, 8:51 pm

Yo - GABBA GABBA!!! You are going to make me miss my nephew! He is 18 mos old and nothing comes in between him and YO GABBA GABBA! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down