CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Henna Treatment

3 posters

Go down

After Henna Treatment Empty After Henna Treatment

Post by Sylkifine 27th March 2010, 4:36 pm

Do you rinse your henna treatment with shampoo, or with conditioner. And, then follow it up with a deep conditioner?

This is my first one (my last one went haywire...lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), and I am really unclear.

Sylkifine

Back to top Go down

After Henna Treatment Empty Re: After Henna Treatment

Post by jlowman1 27th March 2010, 5:21 pm

I added a little conditioner to loosen the henna, and rinsed really well with water then did a cowash and followed with a deep conditioning treatment. I didnt shampoo b/c henna can be drying and I wanted to avoid that. Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 27th March 2010, 6:27 pm

Rinse with conditioner (I mix up a big jug of cheap/unwanted conditioner with warm water and pour over my hair and massage) and then follow up with deep conditioner.

Leave the shampoo for a couple of days as henna by itself can be drying. If you are desperate to shampoo earlier then do a oil pre-poo to reduce dryness.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylkifine 27th March 2010, 6:48 pm

But, am I using conditioner to wash my air as well? Or, is it to help with washing the henna out only? I assume that the henna is going to also cleanse my hair as well.

My hair does not do well with co-washing because it is really hard for me to get my scalp clean as if I was to wash it with shampoo.

Sylkifine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down