CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyebrow Threading

+29
HAMPTONSFNST
sweetdrk1
CarlsM
d.denise
SisterBoyd
joy8269
lena73
Tmochava
beautifuleyez
naturallytexan
oooop2
loveself247
Tiffy2
MsIconic
rebelrocks
so1913
PinkyKurls
raina
Moni
jamaicacurl
afroness
Dricka
crvng4mr
natural83
dajewel
AfrikanLatina
PoisonIvy
gammainme
LuvMeLuvMyFro
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eyebrow Threading Empty Eyebrow Threading

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 8th November 2009, 10:59 am

I have my brows threaded on a farily regular basis because I love the finish product but the PAIN oh the PAIN! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I thought that the pain would decrease the more I have them done but it hasn't. My relief comes from the aloe I put on them after they are done. I mean I cry a river during the process [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I have went to several different places trying to see if one person does it better than another. Does anyone else experience pain?
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Eyebrow Threading Empty Re: Eyebrow Threading

Post by gammainme 8th November 2009, 1:53 pm

LuvmeLuvMyfro, how long have you been threading for? I've been threading for another years myself and like you, i love the end result. I only experience pain during the process...hmm...do you have the same experience when tweezing? you might just be really sensitive in that area...oh and how often do you go?
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by PoisonIvy 8th November 2009, 3:48 pm

Props to both of you ladies!! I watched my friend get it done once and I thought I was gonna pass out..lol. It looked so painful. The end result was very nice but it's not for me. All I can stomach is waxing and even then I feel like I'm gonna die.

PoisonIvy

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 8th November 2009, 4:16 pm

I've seen it in passing at the mall and have been interested in trying it. Like poisonivy, I get my eyebrows waxed and though its not extremely painful it definitely doesn't feel good. How long can you go between threading sessions?

Last edited by AfrikanLatina on 8th November 2009, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar fix)
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 8th November 2009, 5:52 pm

very funny poisonivy- just tryyy it "everyone's doing it" lol - sorry couldn't resist.

about 3 weeks, sometimes i push 5 weeks. the hair grows back very fine which is why i can play w/ the time
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by PoisonIvy 8th November 2009, 6:27 pm

Gammainme, I can't. They would probably get one hair off before I jumped out the chair screaming bloody murder...lol

PoisonIvy

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 8th November 2009, 8:01 pm

yeah, is painful, but i notice that its more painful when done closer to the time of my cycle.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 8th November 2009, 9:27 pm

lol too funny poisonivy- well from your avatar they look good as they are.
dajewel- where do you go?
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 8th November 2009, 9:29 pm

i go to a place on the corner of dean and university. she is great! been going there for about a year. i go about once a month. i also love the face massage she gives right after she does the threading. i even pay her extra just so i can get a longer massage!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 8th November 2009, 9:53 pm

lol nice- i've been to several in orlando, but for now im sticking w/ rashmi- she's by club rain, old jJ whispers spot.
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 9th November 2009, 5:11 am

I loooove threading! I used to get my eyebrows waxed, and Im telling you, threading is sooo much better! The end result is so much more defined! When I first started doing it, like the first 3 or 4 times, It hurt, but now...its a piece of cake! I get my eyebrows, upperlip (mustache area) and chin done! LOL! Yeah, Im a hairy girl! What I've realized is, the more hair you have, the worse it will be! But I wouldn't trade it for the world!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 9th November 2009, 3:13 pm

I have gotten it done multiple times and yeah it still hurts everytime. My daughter even did it 3 times, she's such a trooper! I went back to waxing because I can get that done 3 minutes from my house and it hurts less. the threading i have to go 30 minutes away and it lasts the same amount of time as me waxing.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by PoisonIvy 9th November 2009, 5:21 pm

gammainme wrote:lol too funny poisonivy- well from your avatar they look good as they are.
dajewel- where do you go?

thank you ma'am!

PoisonIvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 10th November 2009, 12:38 am

natural83 wrote:What I've realized is, the more hair you have, the worse it will be! But I wouldn't trade it for the world!

THAT STATEMENT RIGHT THERE IS KEY!!! I have really thick eyebrows and the longer I wait, the worse it is. When I go once a month (or sooner) it is not bad at all and I perfer it over waxing. BUT because I'm me... I rarely go when I am do and end up looking like a caterpillar before going [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I encourage all ladies considering it to give it a try, then go back within a month and it won't be as bad! Don't be like me and wait! LOL! I need to go this weekend!
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 10th November 2009, 12:04 pm

gammainme wrote:LuvmeLuvMyfro, how long have you been threading for? I've been threading for another years myself and like you, i love the end result. I only experience pain during the process...hmm...do you have the same experience when tweezing? you might just be really sensitive in that area...oh and how often do you go?

About a year and I tear when I wax and when I pluck.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 10th November 2009, 12:05 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I've seen it in passing at the mall and have been interested in trying it. Like poisonivy, I get my eyebrows waxed and though its not extremely painful it definitely doesn't feel good. How long can you go between threading sessions?

I can make it a month and a half if I do some clean up at home.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 10th November 2009, 12:07 pm

gammainme wrote:lol nice- i've been to several in orlando, but for now im sticking w/ rashmi- she's by club rain, old jJ whispers spot.

I have tried several times to get mine done there when I am in Orlando but they are always too busy.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 10th November 2009, 12:08 pm

crvng4mr wrote:I have gotten it done multiple times and yeah it still hurts everytime. My daughter even did it 3 times, she's such a trooper! I went back to waxing because I can get that done 3 minutes from my house and it hurts less. the threading i have to go 30 minutes away and it lasts the same amount of time as me waxing.

Is it the one across from University Mall because I go there too.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 10th November 2009, 3:08 pm

No, there is one in university Mall. That one is where I first had it done last year. I have also had it done in Citrus Park Mall, same company more money and more painful but closer to my house.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by afroness 11th November 2009, 6:50 am

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:I have my brows threaded on a farily regular basis because I love the finish product but the PAIN oh the PAIN! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I thought that the pain would decrease the more I have them done but it hasn't. My relief comes from the aloe I put on them after they are done. I mean I cry a river during the process [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I have went to several different places trying to see if one person does it better than another. Does anyone else experience pain?
Next time you go to get your brows done try putting some orajel baby teething gel on the brows about 10mins b4 you get em done. See if that works. It should numb the area long enough to get throuh the process.
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 11th November 2009, 10:16 am

afroness wrote:
LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:I have my brows threaded on a farily regular basis because I love the finish product but the PAIN oh the PAIN! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I thought that the pain would decrease the more I have them done but it hasn't. My relief comes from the aloe I put on them after they are done. I mean I cry a river during the process [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I have went to several different places trying to see if one person does it better than another. Does anyone else experience pain?
Next time you go to get your brows done try putting some orajel baby teething gel on the brows about 10mins b4 you get em done. See if that works. It should numb the area long enough to get throuh the process.

Loving that idea thanks!
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 11th November 2009, 11:44 am

afroness wrote:

oh, i will have to try that,too!! thank you!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 15th November 2009, 10:54 pm

Ya'll trippin! lol. I had my indian friend thread my eyebrows once and it hurt like hell! Actually she probably only got about 2 hairs! I wanted to cry! But she and my other friends love it and the results really are great. I was contemplating it when I was in the mall the other day but being that they're in the middle of the mall where everyone can see....no thank you! I don't feel like being laughed at for crying lol! I have a very low pain tolerance.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th November 2009, 12:05 am

I can tolerate pain...I dont like it but I can deal with it. I might give it a go. I'm letting my brows grow back out from a bad wax experience. The lady made them way too thin. So I'm going to give this a go at the end of the month and I'll report back. Damn, the things we do to look good lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 16th November 2009, 3:48 am

jamaicacurl wrote:Ya'll trippin! lol. I had my indian friend thread my eyebrows once and it hurt like hell! Actually she probably only got about 2 hairs! I wanted to cry! But she and my other friends love it and the results really are great. I was contemplating it when I was in the mall the other day but being that they're in the middle of the mall where everyone can see....no thank you! I don't feel like being laughed at for crying lol! I have a very low pain tolerance.

This doesn't necessarily apply to your friend, but I find that it hurts more if the person doing the threading is less skilled, especially if they break the thread a lot. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find a prince! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum