Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

Post by Ms.Mai on 7th September 2010, 1:18 pm

Hello my beautiful sistas

My name is Darcie, but my username is Ms.Mai, I got that name from my grandma and mother.

Where are you from: Atlanta, Georgia. But I guess you can really say Decatur. Born and raised. LOVE this place, hope to never leave.
What you do: Just graduated from South Carolina State University so now I am on the job hunt
How long you've been natural: Since my BC, one month ago. Since my last relaxer 9 months ago. So far I am loving it...so much that I can't keep my hands outta my hair. I need rehab. Razz
Fav products: Cantu Shea Butter Leave In, Shea Moistures Deep Masque, Suave, V05, Giovanni, Eco styler.
Online Album: Don't have one yet Sad But soon!
Ms.Mai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caribbean+curls on 7th September 2010, 8:25 pm

Where are you from: St. Maarten in the Caribbean but currencly in AR( hope to move so soon)
What do you do: Childcare soon to be student (again!)study
How long you've been natural: well my last perm was in 06 but I did a BC in Sept of 08.
Fav products: still researching but Carol's daughter hair milk is a fav for the wet look
On line Album: no not I say the Cat
Caribbean+curls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot on 8th September 2010, 3:14 pm

Hello ladies, I am new to this blog and totally loving it Very Happy

Where are you from. NYC

What you do: Executive Assistant Sad

How long you've been natural: 2years 9 months

Fav products: Well I almost became a pj but because i am cheap it did not work out Laughing so i stick with the basic... Vegetable Glycine(God's gift to natural hair) Castor oil, Henna, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Pure Shea Butter, Garnier Sleek and Shine for deep conditioning Eco Styler Gel(olive oil ) and i love mixing up my own concoctions, u never know what u may find.

Love all the different types on naturals and it is so much fun bounce
ladygogohot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Conundrum on 8th September 2010, 6:41 pm

Hello there my Curly head Divas!

Where are you from: VA, But I go in school in Nashville TN

What you do: I'm a graduating Sr. Dec 18 2010 at 9 am :wouhou:

How long you've been natural: I been natural since 2004!

Fav products: I me some coconut oil as well as Castor oil, Pure Shea Butter, and Olive oil. I am trying Henna for the 1st time tonight, so I hope I fall in love with that. Oh how did I forget my new love AOHSR!!!

I don't have any online album yet.
Curly_Conundrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingie on 9th September 2010, 4:55 pm

*waves* hey!

Where are you from: Born in Aruba, now live in Holland.

What you do: I'm a nurse :-)

How long you've been natural: all of my life, lol.

fav products: Wanna find those on here! Right now I only use Herbal Essences Conditioner so I guess technically that's my fav.

Ingie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tisiag on 13th September 2010, 4:50 pm

Hello Everyone I have been stalking youtube, curlynikki and every other natural hair site but I am finally speaking out!!!

Where are you from: I am from VA, but I currently live in Greensboro, NC where I went to school.

What you do: I am currently a lab Assistant in a Micorbiology Lab and a full time Masters of Public Health(MPH) student.

How long have you been natural: My 1 year anniversary will be October 8, 2010

Fav products: I am a product junky but my staples would have to be shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, mango butter cream, cantu leave in repairing conditioner, any HE conditioner and my new fav Aubrey organics Honey Suckle Rose.

Tisia

You can check me out on facebook or my link to my Fotki
Facebook: Latisia S Grant
tisiag

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/Tisiag/

Back to top Go down

Post by drika_renee on 16th September 2010, 9:59 am

Where are you from: New Bern, NC to Durham, NC

What you do: Sometimey student and blogger LOL. Full-time(it seems) job hunter

How long you've been natural: My last relaxer was onnnn....um...I wanna say May 2009-ish, could have been April. I didn't treat my hair right from May(or April) to August. I got weaved up in August...kept it in until December with regular maintainance. Let my hair breathe for a month, weaved it up for another month and finally rocked my natural hair for a few months. I went to the hospital in May, and the fluids I was on wrecked shop so I needed a new start...semi BC in May...and here I am today Smile

Fav products: I am a product junkie in every sense of the word (I currently have 9 different conditioners -_-), but my favs out the bunch are my VO5 moisture milk conditioners, my shea butter mix, coconut oil, and EVOO.

Online Album: I started a fotki...but its empty, I haven't actually been over there to put pictures in it yet.

SN: glad to see all the carolina curlies here Smile
drika_renee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 on 17th September 2010, 2:04 am

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!
I'm Rochelle, also called Chelly. I'm from the wonderful islands of the Bahamas!!!!!!!!!!!!! sunny For those of you that don't know it's right below Florida in the US of A. It's not as awesome as you think living in the Bahamas Neutral , but it is awesome. I hardly go to the beach and can't swim Embarassed ...Back to the subject, I am currently a sophmore in college, my major is biochemistry. I've never been natural before...as I child I got a texturizer since I knew myself. BUT, I am now transitioning, I've been transitioning for about seven months. My reason for transitioning to natural hair is because I want to become comfortable in my own skin and my hair has dropped from touching my back to less than neck-length. It is now touching my back again but I am still not satisified with the length. I have no favorite products because I am skeptical about spending 20 dollars on a bottle of shampoo to find out that it doesnt work, remeber I am in college and am a dependent of my parents, hence I don't make my own money...So, any product recommendations that are sold in general stores would be nice, that will make my hair softer, grow, stronger,etc... I currently used the Olive Oil Organic Root Stimulator brands...It's ok but not SPECTACULAR...My hair is always kept up in one and in a folded bun...any suggestions of hairstyles would be nice...BUT I am now having a major problem with dryness I do not know how to keep my hair moisturize, so a little help is seriously needed in that section, and I've never clipped my ends since my transition, but I treat every week is that bad>? Pictures of protective i.e. covered hairstyles would be nice...products, info, w/e!....HAPPY TO BE HERE...AND LOOOKING FORWARD TO REACHING THE FULL NATURAL BRIDGE! Oh and btw...I do not want to b/c I have always had shoulder length hair/ neck-length and idk how I would react to short hair...just thought I'd slip that in there Very Happy Enjoy the rest of your night chicas.
purplec18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Post by ColeyB on 19th September 2010, 5:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

My name is Coley and I just registered on CN today!!!!

I am from Florida where the humidity is so fierce it puffs my hair so much!

I am an Operations Manager for a bank.

I did my BC (for the 2nd time) on October 22, 2009. I went to the barbershop and got a fade. I enjoyed it so much I kept getting it cut like that for about 3 months. I have been growing my hair out since January 2010 and so far I am getting better with developing a steady regimen, but that is why I am here to get some HELP.

A few of my favorite products are: unrefined shea butter, coconut oil, Yes to Carrots shampoo and Conditioner, Cantu Leave in conditioner Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk and Jane Carters Wrap & Roll.

I look forward to reading and learning more about my 3c/4a hair!
ColeyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MizzV on 20th September 2010, 4:06 pm

Hola, I'm Mizz V and I just registered today Wink

Where are you from: NJ
What you do: I work for a pre college program for first gen/low SES students
How long you've been natural: since Aug 09
Fav products: Organix Coconut condintioner, Cantu Leave in Conditioning Creme, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, CD hair milk.. Knot Today/Kinky Curly, Hairveda products and some great whipped butter my friend created!
Online Album: none yet..
MizzV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva on 22nd September 2010, 3:36 am

Where are you from: Cleveland, Ohio, currently residing in Houston, Texas!

What you do: student/night auditor; things always go bump in the night *sigh*

How long you've been natural: oh about a week now, this round. almost 4 years the first go round

Fav products: i am currently experimenting with creating my own products so it depends on what day you ask me! i looooove the garnier fructis line and the new formula of pantene just loves my hair!

Online Album: public.fotki.com/DerbyDiva/ and my lifes album is twitter.com/Venus_Arising follow me lol #shamelessplug

where are all my houston curlies at?!?!

DerbyDiva

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Hi All

Post by NYTiffy on 22nd September 2010, 10:54 am

Hello Everyone!

Where are you from: Los Angeles. Originally From Ithaca, NY YEAH!!!
I have live in Tiuouboux LA, and Miami, FL

What you do: Accounting at MinMed/Medtonic Diabetics

How long have you been natural: All my Life...Just flat iron my hair for years.
Had a relaxer once when I was 21 my hair fell out, horrible experience.

Fav Products: co-wash Aussie minute Miracle, Miss Jessie's Quick Curls
Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Cream, Curl Junkie Coco-coffee Cream,
And discontinued Bain de Terre Sea Salt detangle spray

NYTiffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Nappy on 26th September 2010, 11:59 am

Hi Lovely Ladies, I am from Chicago. I have been natural for 3 years. I am a jewelry and hair accessory designer. My shop is at www.deanasjewelryandthings.weebly.com. I am also looking to work fulltime! Some of my favorite products are shea butter olive oil aloe juice and gel and so many others.
My online album is housed at http://members.fotki.com/dpayton30/
Love Nappy

View user profile http://www.deanasjewelryandthings.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleBynoe on 28th September 2010, 12:15 pm

Hello Everyone!

Where are you from: Brooklyn, NY - residing in Brockton, MA

What you do: Systems Support

How long have you been natural: Transitioning

Fav Products: Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner, Proclaim Olive Glossing Shampoo, Soft & Beautiful Just for Me Childrens Oil Moisturizing Lotion, Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse, Vigrol Olive Oil Mousse, Cantu Shea Butter Oil Sheen Spray
ElleBynoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lhensley21 on 28th September 2010, 4:31 pm

Hello ladies!! I'm new to the site and so excited to be here while I am on my hair journey to healthy.. natural.. curly hair!! Very Happy

Where are you from: I'm originally born and raised in Long Beach Ca. but now reside in Salt Lake City Ut.

How long have you been natural: I've been natural for 4 days now and I'm lovin it!! Big Chopped on September 24th 2010 after transitioning for only 2 months!

Favorite Products: Right now I'm Lovin the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In... still new to this so I really don't have any favorites yet I will let ya'll know as I try out products and tell you all how they are working for me. lol! Very Happy woot! woot!
lhensley21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatediva on 4th October 2010, 2:41 pm

Where are you from: Raleigh-Durham NC by way of a small town most of you all have never heard of :-).
What you do: Im a scientist but applying to nursing school now..time for a career change. y'all pray that I get in..
How long you've been natural: Since my BC, August 14, 2010
Im starting to love my hair now..Although Im still overwhelmed by my thick fuzzy coils that have a mind of their own!..Thank God for my natural hairstylist!
Fav products: I dont have any yet! Im trying everything!
Online Album: Don't have one yet But soon!.
chocolatediva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebekahR on 5th October 2010, 5:30 pm

Hey guys

Am a newbie here, loving the site

Am from London UK

Student & work full time boring office job lol ..studing Law

Have been natural most of my life Smile

Top products- coconut oil & castor oil
RebekahR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Still Learning

Post by creativecurly on 10th October 2010, 6:19 pm

Hello fellow curlys,
I’m a first time poster, long time reader of curlynikki.com articles, posts and guests. I’ve been natural (again) for 17 months. My first experience with natural hair was a test with my patience and a true indicator of my reluctance to accept my natural hair texture.

I shaved my head in May of 2007, It felt so great to take a shower and feel the water massage my baldhead. As my hair grew back I was happy to have hair again, until November of 2008 when I decided to treat my hair to a texturizer. BIG mistake… I left it on way too long and the result was bone straight hair. I had my hair chopped off into a cute short style and kept it that way until the chemically treated hair was cut. I’ve been growing it out since.

Thanks to all of you I have been able to fall in love with my hair and appreciate the true beauty of being natural. I’m also thankful for the many pictures, tutorials and tips.
creativecurly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaynatural on 11th October 2010, 5:00 pm

Hello Ladies,

I live in Atlanta, GA and I have been transitioning for 9 months. I work in law enforcement for the sheriff's department. I'm also going to school to finish my psych. degree.

I love natural hair!!!
Shaynatural

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introducing.....me:)

Post by jalicia77 on 12th October 2010, 2:57 pm

Hello ladies (I see no gents currently:)) I just joined today as I stumbled across the site while searching for natural hair salons in the MD/DC/VA area. I'm from georgetown guyana, but have been living in Maryland for the past 17 years.

I graduated from UM College Park and stayed working there in higher ed administration for 10 years and will be starting a new job (thank the lord!) in a few weeks at a local community college.

I started my hair journey last summer. My last perm was august 2009, and I stopped mainly because I got better results with a twice a month blowout, than with any chemical relaxer.

Along the way I became very unhappy with my work and my work life balance and decided that in the spirit of starting anew, I wanted to go natural. So on May 1, I cut it all off in time for the Revlon Walk for Womens' Cancers.

Overall I've been very pleased with my experience, though I did suffer a self imposed setback in late summer. I was called in for a job interview and totally panicked and had a blowout. Of course my hair was uneven and I ended up cutting a few inches off in order to get a decent straight style. Que sera! I learned my lesson and haven't done it since.

Sooo, here I am 5.5 months natural and loving it. As relative newbie, I'm still trying to find the best products for my hair, but I enjoy KCKnot today, shea butter, veggie glycerin, apple cider vinegar and dessert essence coconut shampoo and conditioner.

I'm so glad to have discovered CN!
jalicia77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Finally signed up for the forums

Post by greenyourdecor on 12th October 2010, 8:19 pm

Hey ladies! I'm not new to Curly Nikki, but I am new to the forums. I'm not sure why I never signed up before, but I really didn't know what I was missing!

Where are you from: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands originally, but I live in Duluth, GA now (just outside of Atlanta)

What you do:
I'm a blogger / graphic designer / natural hair t-shirt designer

How long you've been natural: 1 year

Favorite products: I have quite a few: Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner & Frank Juice, Bee Mine BeeHold Curly Butter, Jessicurl Too Shea, Coconut Oil, EVOO, Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Conditioner and EO conditioners. I'm definitely going to try some vegetable glycerin, Aloe Vera gel and a couple of other things. My hair doesn't like raw shea butter too much.

Online Album: I don't have one, but I do occasionally write about my hair and post pictures at my second blog, Green & Gorgeous
greenyourdecor

View user profile http://guillotineco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreaDay on 22nd October 2010, 10:45 pm

Hey Ya'll!!!! I'm Audrea, 24 y/o natural. I just went natural and had NO CLUE how much support there was out here. Now I feel like a addict, LOL. I'm am on complete over load with all the information, but couldn't be happier. I know my relaxed friends are sick of my trying to convince them to go natural, but I just wished someone had pushed me into it sooner. I wuv it. Very Happy

Where are you from: I was a military brat, so I'm not really from anywhere. I currently reside in San Antonio, TX
What you do: I am basically a back office customer service rep for a major bank. You know when you get pissed at the 5th manager you've spoken to and ask (plead and beg) to speak to someone higher, that's me! Wink
How long you've been natural: since July 24th, 2010
Fav products: still trying a lot of stuff out, but what has worked for me so far are Aussie Moist, Oyin Brown Sugar Pomade, Shea Butter, and Olive Oil
Online Album: under contruction Smile

DreaDay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSianP on 24th October 2010, 7:59 pm

Hey Ladies!

I'm new to the forum but have been an CN addict for about a year now and thought it was time I introduced myself, so here goes!

Name: Sian (pronounced Sharn)

Hair Type: 3b and mostly 3c with high porosity and a mixture of medium and course strands (really frizzy at the crown)

Hometown: London UK baby! wooohooo

Current Residence: I'm studying in Cambridge, just an hour away from home.

How long you've been natural: I've been naturaly my whole life in that I've never had a relaxer (although I badly wanted one throughout my teens) - between the ages of 13 and 18 I lived in a world of slicked back gelled hair and then straightened with ceramics until I lost my natural texture. Then 2/3years ago I decided to grow out my weird quasi straight hair and only sport straight styles once every now and again (maybe once or twice per year)... since doing so my hair has got its old bounce back and I'm now trying to grow out the effects of dying it with harsh chemicals in a bid to have really natural and most importantly healthy hair.

Fav products: Still figuring that out, altough I'll be trying out the reccomendations that I get from CN as far as my humble budget will allow! A consistent fav has always been tressemme conditioner

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

lovings! xx
MissSianP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shamigreen on 25th October 2010, 2:29 pm

Where are you from: Northern VA, but I reside in Central Alabama
What you do: I'm a gov't employee & Spanish translator
How long you've been natural: I've been transitioning for about 11 months! (1 month til my Nappiversary YAY!!!)
Fave products: Pantene Pro-V Deep Conditioning Mask, Monoi Miracle Oil, Shea Butter, Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade, Eco Styler Oilve Oil Gel, African Pride Leave-in Conditioner (PRODUCT JUNKIE... yes, I know!)
Online Album: None, except for my FB page
shamigreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarletjazz on 26th October 2010, 4:17 pm

Where are you from: Chi-town (south burbs)
What you do: Jr Accountant
How long you've been natural: 4yrs in December
Fave products: Hawaiian Silky 14N1, Giovanni, Hello Essences conditioners, Miss Jesse's Baby Buttercreme, Aussie Moist, IC Green gel, and I'm sure there is more.. tee hee
Online Album: Fotki, FB

Just recently did a mini bc about 2 weeks ago, so I'm back trying to remember what did I do 3yrs ago.. tee hee..
Scarletjazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum