Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

Post by hayylee on 25th October 2009, 8:15 am

My name is Hali (pronounced hayylee LOL), I'm from a small town in Alabama but currently reside in Huntsville. I'm a full time student studying marketing, with hopes of becomes a pharmaceutical sales rep. I got my last relaxer May 20, 2008 and I've been natural for about 9mths (I'm still a baby). I haven't really tried many products considering being a broke college student, but I love Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, John Frieda Bouncy Curls, Shae Butter, and Shealoe. I love, love, love being natural!!! It has really been a positive change in my life.
hayylee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nobelle on 25th October 2009, 8:35 am

@Nikki: Thanks, girl! Whipped Clouds is a whipped shea butter (blended with other yummy ingredients). It can be used for skin or hair, but I use it as a hair moisturizer under my styler. It gives great hold and keeps the frizzies away!
nobelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MizCarter on 25th October 2009, 9:28 am

Where are you from: Bermuda

What you do: Graphic Designer

How long have you been natural: In the transition phase. Last perm was in August 09 and just ready for the BC, but very nervous. I feel like once it's gone I am going to look in the mirror and say "now what am I to do". My hair is braided right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Online Album: I will start one a few days before the BC - planning for sometime in March. Let's hope I make it that long. The relaxed hair and natural hair are already at war. Any suggestions on a good shampoo/ conditioner that might help with that? I normally use keracare humecto, conditioner and it's not helping much.

Being from an Island I think being natural is one of the best things a woman can do! Mind you I have had a perm all my life. Because it's very humid and hot here you sweat a lot and having relaxed hair is sometimes a little difficult to maintain. I just think natural is so much more interesting! I am tired of straight flat hair.

my relaxed hair:
MizCarter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme on 25th October 2009, 10:21 am

OMG- I love the diversity of woman that are portrayed here- different locations, hair styles, hair lengths, stories, love it all! Also, just wanted to say a big BONJOUR to my Haitian naturalista and big "Heyyyyyyyyy Mickey" to my Orlando neighbor
Cool
Where are you from: South Florida- currently in Orlando. 6 more years til Maryland.
What you do: Analyze number trends and now studying to analyze people (counseling)
How long you've been natural: 2001 but i just started taking it seriously last year...i should be so much farther along!
Fav products: Still figuring it out but definitely shea butter and Kinky Curly Leave in w/ water
Hair type: 4 a-z
gammainme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 25th October 2009, 10:32 am

Good morning my cury girlys!!

Now I am a product junkie to the fifth power and all these new names have my credit cards jumping out of my wallet and hiding!!

@Nikki thank you for the love...I have been blessed with a good stylist of over 15 years, when she moved her assistant took over and they are both big on maintenance. BTW my stylist is named Nikki too!!

@Rock"n does that Big Bad D combat shrinkage? My hair is so very coily...it is a lot longer that is looks...but I have been unsuccessful with controlling the shrinkage. AND if your answer is yes...I assume I have to order online. I am on the east coast and the beauty supply stores carry EVERYthing...but I don't think I have seen that product. LOL, I am with you on the terminology!

@all I agree with Nikki, I love all the pics and the beautiful hair!!! AND am so very proud of all of us professional, powerful sista rocking the naturals!!

Keep it curly ladies!

Very Happy

PS. I can't figure the hair type thing out. I am going to do a close up of my hair and you all can help me, k?
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel on 25th October 2009, 10:53 am

MizCarter wrote:Where are you from: Bermuda

What you do: Graphic Designer

How long have you been natural: In the transition phase. Last perm was in August 09 and just ready for the BC, but very nervous. I feel like once it's gone I am going to look in the mirror and say "now what am I to do". My hair is braided right now.

Online Album: I will start one a few days before the BC - planning for sometime in March. Let's hope I make it that long. The relaxed hair and natural hair are already at war. Any suggestions on a good shampoo/ conditioner that might help with that? I normally use keracare humecto, conditioner and it's not helping much.

Being from an Island I think being natural is one of the best things a woman can do! Mind you I have had a perm all my life. Because it's very humid and hot here you sweat a lot and having relaxed hair is sometimes a little difficult to maintain. I just think natural is so much more interesting! I am tired of straight flat hair.

my relaxed hair:

Don't be nervous!!! You can do it!!!!!
dajewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel on 25th October 2009, 10:55 am

gammainme wrote:OMG- I love the diversity of woman that are portrayed here- different locations, hair styles, hair lengths, stories, love it all! Also, just wanted to say a big BONJOUR to my Haitian naturalista and big "Heyyyyyyyyy Mickey" to my Orlando neighbor
Cool
Where are you from: South Florida- currently in Orlando. 6 more years til Maryland.
What you do: Analyze number trends and now studying to analyze people (counseling)
How long you've been natural: 2001 but i just started taking it seriously last year...i should be so much farther along!
Fav products: Still figuring it out but definitely shea butter and Kinky Curly Leave in w/ water
Hair type: 4 a-z

Hey, neighbor!!!!!!!
dajewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* on 25th October 2009, 10:58 am

tell me more of BD glass and stretch....where can I get it? What's the consistency like?
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

View user profile http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

HELLO MY CURLY DIVAS!!!!

Post by NickkiBCurly on 25th October 2009, 11:21 am

Hello There...Im Nickki!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Where are you from: Gretna,Louisiana but live in Da Boogie Down Bronx!!
What you do: Medical Assistant/Student...Want to become a Medical Social Worker
How long you've been natural: Last perm was march of this year... I did my BC a month ago!
Fav products: Aussie Moist Products, HE Totally Twisted/Tousle me Softly Product line,Olive oil and Coconut oil..& Sheamoistue Shea Butter
Online Album: Fotki--(http://public.fotki.com/NickkiBCurly/)

Facebook-- (http://www.facebook.com/nickkib723?ref=profile)
My Blog-- (http://www.nickkibwrgmg@blogspot.com)
NaturalSunshine--(http://naturalsunshine.ning.com/profile/NickkiB)
NickkiBCurly

View user profile http://nickkibcurly@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD on 25th October 2009, 12:33 pm

Where I'm from: Born and Raised in the Detroit area, but now a resident of Sunny Southern California.
What I do: Finished school in august with my BSN. Just passed my boards two weeks ago, so I'm a Registered Nurse!
How long I've been natural: 2 perms my whole life in '99 and '03, both made me practically bald. Natural since then as a rollerset/press girl. May '09 BC'ed damaged hair
Fave Products: Shea Butter, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, Infusium 23 leave-in, Aussie Moist, Oyin Handmade shine/define & honey hemp
Online Album: None
TerraD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 on 25th October 2009, 1:12 pm

Where are you from: Born in Dominican Republic; Currently live in & raised in Piscataway, NJ
What you do: Administrative work for an international medical school..& full time grad student trying to get my MBA
How long you've been natural: My last relaxer was @ the end of Sept 20008; trying to make it to 18 months to finish chopping of my relaxed ends. Too scared to BC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've had long hair all my life & its always been what I'm known for. So far I've done 2 mini chops...
Fav products: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner, Suave Humectant Conditioner, Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curling Creme(reminds me of Miss Jessie's curly pudding but easier on my wallet!)
Online Album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2080940&id=33700061&l=33bca5c114

Its great to see so many women going through the same as me. Gives me more confidence about my hair! Thanks ladies!!
bevyboo628

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 on 25th October 2009, 1:14 pm

Kattya wrote:Hey ladies!
Where are you from: Originally from Haiti. Grew up in south Florida ( Hollywood/ Ft. Lauderdale). I now live in Hartford, CT
What you do: I'm a medical student (ready to be done with this torture) and I dabble in being in a wife every once in a while.
How long you've been natural: my last relaxer was Nov 2008, I BC'd July 2009... So I'm about 3 months in ( being completely natural)
Fav products: Since I'm a newby, I don't really have any staples yet. During the summer, I did wash n go's with V05, veggie glycerin, and fantasia olive gel. Now that it's colder, I'm double strand twisting with EVOO, coconut oil, Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (anti-frizz serum)...depending on my mood. I'm still looking for a good leave in, shampoo, and conditioner.
Online Album: I've sorta just been keeping track of my successful results in a Facebook album. I dunno if you guys can see it. I don't mind sharing though, If it works it's [url=http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2840518&id=2025367&l=51c9c35ff6
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2840518&id=2025367&l=51c9c35ff6[/quote[/url]]

Your Avatar is absolutely gorgeous!!
bevyboo628

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro on 25th October 2009, 1:27 pm

Let's use this as the welcome thread!

Where are you from: born and raised in New York City, currently reside in Germany
What you do: Military Wife (it's a job LOL!), Full-Time mommy, very part-time Grad Student
How long you've been natural: 12 month's transitioning, few inches of relaxed hair left
Fav products: don't have favs but I currently use VO-5 and Suave to co-wash, Mizani Moisturfuse to deep condish, Hello Hydration as a leave-in, jojoba oil to seal in moisture
Online Album: no online album yet, but I am on YouTube (CocoaEuro)
CocoEuro

View user profile http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 25th October 2009, 2:06 pm

TerraD wrote:Where I'm from: Born and Raised in the Detroit area, but now a resident of Sunny Southern California.
What I do: Finished school in august with my BSN. Just passed my boards two weeks ago, so I'm a Registered Nurse!
How long I've been natural: 2 perms my whole life in '99 and '03, both made me practically bald. Natural since then as a rollerset/press girl. May '09 BC'ed damaged hair
Fave Products: Shea Butter, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, Infusium 23 leave-in, Aussie Moist, Oyin Handmade shine/define & honey hemp

Bravo on passing your boards!!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry on 25th October 2009, 2:57 pm

Hello All,

I'm from Huntsville, AL. I'm currently employed as an Information Assurance Analyst for a DoD contractor here in town and on a prt-time basis I bake and decorate cakes. My last perm was July 2008 and I did the BC on July 23, 2009. I've been 100% natural for 3.5 months now. Some of my favorite products are: Design Essentials HCO leave-in conditioner, Design Essentials Stimulations moisturizing conditioner, Mixed Chicks Leave-in conditioner, Pureology Nanoworks, EVOO, coconut oil, Proclaim spray on glosser and KeraCare Edge tamer

nmoultry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNurse04 on 25th October 2009, 3:10 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:Welcome lovelies!

We've got quite the group of professionals Smile

Ummm, Ms. NaturalNurse04, have we met? I see you live in Raleigh.

I have been to one of the natural meet ups, but I have missed the recent one. When is the next one?
NaturalNurse04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel on 25th October 2009, 3:48 pm

TerraD wrote:Where I'm from: Born and Raised in the Detroit area, but now a resident of Sunny Southern California.

congrats on becoming a nurse!!!!
dajewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise on 25th October 2009, 3:54 pm

Where are you from: Memphis, TN (but I also claim DC because I went to school there); now I live in sunny DRY cali - L.A.
What you do: marketing and merchandising for a wholesale shoe company (but dont tell anyone from my company - I am trying to get into the international education and study abroad field)
How long you've been natural: a year and nine months - but I have been wearing it pressed mostly so that doesnt all count. some of my hair is permanently straightened because of it (or at least its going to take a couple washes to get it back to curl [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
Fav products: WATER!? does that count? dont have any yet still figuring out my routine; i have been going to the beauty shop getting presses im just now getting the hang of doing it myself (woohoo!)
Online Album: don't have one (yet!); i'm new to this!
d.denise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD on 25th October 2009, 8:25 pm

Thanks dajewel and sweetdrk1, It was hard!
d.denise we are neighbors, I live outside of LA!
TerraD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon on 25th October 2009, 8:32 pm

Where are you from: Durham, NC now living in Raleigh, NC
What you do: Full time HR Support Assistant, part time Early Childhood Education student, mother, and wife!
How long you've been natural: 2 months-did the BC on Aug 14th [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Fav products: Giovanni deeper moisture condition, shea butter, coconut oil, Giovanni leave in conditioner, and Komazza cococut lotion..I am becoming a poduct junkie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Online Album: none yet, working on a fotki.

Looking forward to sharing my natural journey with everyone here!
NaturalNixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls on 25th October 2009, 9:19 pm

@ Nikki &Sweetdrk1, the consistency is like pudding. Big D insists that the other products on the market were patterned after his product. Truthfully, I have never observed how this product(Glass) controlled shrinkage. I generally use it for two strand twists and will apply a small amount when blow drying hair. I think the only thing that combats shrinkage is length because it adds weight to the curl. I am sure that may be debatable by some but there is some truth to it.
www.bigbadd.com
Rock'n Natural Curls

View user profile http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina on 25th October 2009, 9:32 pm

CurlyNikki I was wondering about a natural sistas meetup. Have you ever considered doing one? I have a ladies night planned for December in Charlotte with my girls(not all natural chicas). I'm usually the event planner for my girls. I've yet to attend a natural sistas meetup and would love to.
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils on 25th October 2009, 10:31 pm

Where are you from: Greenville, SC
What you do: recently laid off (as of 9-30-09) supervisor at a call center
How long you've been natural: Last perm was 4/08.. bc was over a year ago
Fav products: Herbal Essence- Hello Hydration, Henna, Shea Butter Eco-Styler, Kinky Curly, Castor Oil
Online Album: http://public.fotki.com/Nyla-Coily/natural-hair/twist-out.html
NylaCoils

View user profile http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberT on 25th October 2009, 11:50 pm

Hey Ladies, I'm Amber. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm so glad to meet you all. You all are beautiful and inspire me as I try to embrace a new natural me. I have had relaxed hair since I was about 7 so this is truly a new adjustment for me. I am an accidental transitioner. I moved to a new town and a stylist burnt me with a relaxer and that was it !I had had enough. I was in braids from Dec08 until July 09 when I cut off my relaxed ends. I am trying to grow healthy happy hair. I'm trying to learn what my hair likes, but we are both confused! So here I am willing to learn. Nikki thanks so much for this blog! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Where are you from: Birmingham AL
What you do: Dentist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Smile!!
How long you've been natural: since July 09
Fav products: ??? Trying things out but currently using, HE Hydralicious DevaCare One,
AmberT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea on 26th October 2009, 1:01 am

Where are you from: St. Louis, MO but currently reside in CA
What you do: Teach HS Math (also mommy & wife)
How long you've been natural: 3 months; BC'd on 8.8.09
Fav products: EO's & Giovanni conditioners, virgin coconut oil, avocado oil, castor oil, shea butter
Online Album: none
krenea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum