CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castor Oil and Inches?

2 posters

Go down

Castor Oil and Inches? Empty Castor Oil and Inches?

Post by pardigm 18th March 2010, 2:59 pm

Hi All,

I just started using cold pressed castor oil from Whole Foods this week - mixed w/ Jojoba oil (messaging into my scalp in the evenings). I just wanted to know for those of you who have used this in the past over time the following:

1) How often you used it?

2) How many inches growth did you see in what length of time?

3) Do you think it was the castor oil or did you change something else?

I know some people mix w/ conditioners or shampoos which would obviously keep the moisture in so you would have less breakage but I wonder if it really helps with growth from the root. I could not find anything scientific on the web but I see all of the rave reviews. THANKS! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

pardigm

Back to top Go down

Castor Oil and Inches? Empty Re: Castor Oil and Inches?

Post by tiashaunteé 19th March 2010, 2:52 am

Did you check out the Castor Oil challenge thread? It has the info regarding regularity of use.

I personally don't believe in growth aids because it is rare that they have been tested in controlled environments. For instance, with applying any time of oil to the scalp regularly to obtain growth - there is the presence of massage. So it could potentially be the massaging of the scalp that leads to growth.

For people that take vitamins - wouldn't just eating right produce the same results? The vitamins just supply us with what we lack in our diets.

After my regimen this winter, I believe in length retention. Moisturize and protected ends will stay and growth will be easier to notice with out the breakage.

As for the castor oil, I am currently using it on my scalp because it looked dry and unhealthy. My scalp looks and feels so much better and the castor oil does make my roots really soft so next winter I will be using it on my entire length. I think it's too heavy for me to use in the summer.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pardigm 19th March 2010, 7:24 pm

Thanks, you could be right. I noticed immediate stop in breakage as well. I pit a little on the hair at night before I wrap it.

pardigm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down