CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna a Liquid Product

3 posters

Go down

Henna a Liquid Product Empty Henna a Liquid Product

Post by Dovly 11th March 2010, 11:33 am

Hi, I am Dovly, and I just joined.

Has any one tried the Surya Henna Brasil Cream. Whole Foods carries this product. It is liquid, and it is similar to a rinse? It is said to be very gentle, but the coverage only last for a month. It has no Ammonia, PPd peroixide, parabens resorcinol, heavy metals or GMO's. If someone has tried it please let me know what you think.

Dovly

Back to top Go down

Henna a Liquid Product Empty Re: Henna a Liquid Product

Post by R2D2 11th March 2010, 9:05 pm

Yes, I used this product before I went to 100% henna. Yes, it works like a rinse, except that it doesn't completely rinse out. I used the dark brown cream and at the end of 2 weeks, it was left red, which didn't seem to come out until the next application of Surya. Also I was a co-washer so the colour didn't stay in my hair for very long - 2 weeks.

Having said that I really liked it. It's less messy and time consuming than henna and my hair always felt nicely conditioned afterwards. I basically switched to henna because I wanted a more permenant stain. My hair is almost BSL so I wanted an even colouring and am prepared to put up with the mess for this. Also the henna has slightly better conditioning benefits for me - it stopped my shedding. But that's just my experience. If you do end up buying Surya, I would suggest doubling the recommended time with it on your hair so that it maximises deposit on the strands.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 13th March 2010, 12:39 am

I tried it as well and loved it. I am a little under 25% gray and it covered EVERY HAIR. I have psoriasis and have to use a medicated shampoo twice a week so it faded quickly. It's perfect for ladies who don't have to shampoo often, I'd say you can get 3 or 4 shampoos out of it. It was very convenient, gave a beautiful color and stopped breakage at the point between my natural and relaxed hair so it was a conditioner to. If you try it, use a nice moisturizing deep conditioner immediately after because, like henna leaves, it may leave your hair a little dry. It functions like protein, so you probably wouldn't need a protein treatment for a couple of weeks after. I agree with R2D2, extra time is good.

My sis just tried it and she seems to really like it. For me, it was like a trial run to experiment what henna would look like. I loved the first color I tried so much I made the switch to henna too. You can play with colors with this type of product. No commitment. geek
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down