CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!!! I live in the Desert!!!

3 posters

Go down

Help!!! I live in the Desert!!! Empty Help!!! I live in the Desert!!!

Post by quiqui81 7th March 2010, 6:46 pm

Hello!!

I just joined last night, and I cannot stop reading all of the good info everyone has to share!!

I have a couple of questions!!! What are cones? I have come across it a lot as one of the ingredients to avoid, but I'm not sure what it is...

Also, does anyone have advice on a regimen that can help me to combat the heat and dry air that we have in the spring/summer months in Arizona?!? Last summer was brutal on my hair, and I eventually stared wearing presses as my hair was easier to mosturize that way...but I'm over the presses and ready to rock it curly again...Any products, shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, etc you suggest would help me a ton.

When it's curly, I generally use Jane Carter Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-in, Miss Jessie's rapid Recovery conditioner every couple of weeks, I let it airdry with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. I then twist it and keep it moisturized with Curly ButterCreme or Soft and Beautiful Lit Creme Moisturizer. I use Aveda Be Curly for frizz control....

That worked in the Mid-west, but it's not working out here Help!!! I live in the Desert!!! Icon_sad
quiqui81
quiqui81

Back to top Go down

Help!!! I live in the Desert!!! Empty Ooops!!

Post by quiqui81 7th March 2010, 7:16 pm

I meant to post this under the general forums section....Sorry!!
quiqui81
quiqui81

Back to top Go down

Help!!! I live in the Desert!!! Empty Re: Help!!! I live in the Desert!!!

Post by sweetdrk1 7th March 2010, 7:30 pm

No need to apologize, you will get tones of advice I am sure...you might also try the curlfriends section. Cones refer to the ingrediant in most commercial conditioners and from what I understand they coat your strand which blocks the moisture. I also understand some cones are ok like demithicone (spell check) because it is easily broken down by water (I think) LOL! But check out DaJewel under curlfriends, she is out local chemist.

Good luck and your Avatar is beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 7th March 2010, 7:38 pm

Hello and welcome ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down