CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really need a Natural Big Sis : )

4 posters

Go down

I really need a  Natural Big Sis : ) Empty I really need a Natural Big Sis : )

Post by Jazziepink_09 5th March 2010, 10:01 pm

Hi,
I'm Jazziepink_09. I'm a college freshman. All this school year I rushed back home every weekend to go get my hair relaxed. It's becoming too expensive and time consuming so I recently decided to go natural. Thinking back I realized that I was wayy more confident when my hair was natural. I want that confidence back. I need a change. My hair is thin and my scalp is really dry. It drinks oil. I don't plan on doing the big chop until my new growth gets a little longer. I'm planning on getting kinky twists with next weekend to give my hair a break. Is this a good idea and how do I take care of my hair while I have them in. I really need a natural Big Sister. I would really appreciate your guidence on my journey.

Thank You : )
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

I really need a  Natural Big Sis : ) Empty Re: I really need a Natural Big Sis : )

Post by Jazziepink_09 6th March 2010, 5:37 pm

Nobody wants to be my big sis? What did i say?
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

I really need a  Natural Big Sis : ) Empty Re: I really need a Natural Big Sis : )

Post by blondie 10th March 2010, 8:47 pm

I'd be willing to help...I've been natural for over 4 years.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 10th March 2010, 9:11 pm

Thank You sooo much for replying. I really appreciate it. Did you Big Chop or did you transition?
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 10th March 2010, 9:39 pm

My stylist cut it off 6-8 weeks after my last perm.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 10th March 2010, 9:57 pm

Oh ohkhay so you let it grow out some befor you cut it. I'm planning on getting some kinky twists this weekend to give my hair time to grow. I've been hearing alot about evoo. Should i use it on my scalp while I have my twist in?
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 10th March 2010, 10:12 pm

Not really. It was just the new growth from a relaxer. Instead of getting a touch-up, I BC'd!! Smile

Coconut oil is better for your hair, and it's your hair that needs it more than your scalp. You really don't need to oil your scalp unless you have scalp issues. But oil isn't moisture, it's used to seal moisture in. You hair needs moisture. A spritz would be good to use. Taliah Waajid has a good one - Protective Bodifier Mist or something like that! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 10th March 2010, 11:59 pm

Oh ohkhay. I'm scared to bc. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My sister has bc'd twice lol don't know how she does it. I'm going to buy some of that Taliah Waajid sprits after I get my twist. I just looked it up and it's inexpensive and they sell it a cvs near me so that works out. I'll update you on how it goes.Thank You so much for you're help! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 12th March 2010, 3:34 pm

Hi Jazziepink_09

I just saw your post. Work has been crazy, not enough time in the day. If you would like an additional big sis. I'm here. Blondie is right stay away from all the stuff she mentioned. Coconut oil is better for your hair. I can't seem to find it so I use evoo but I prefer shea butter. The twist are a good idea to help get you started and you'll be able to see how much new growth you have. I have b/c once before. This time around I did a long transition so I could learn how to really take care of and style my hair. Do what feels right for you. Some people prefer b/c other's long transition and still others somewhere in the middle. This time I transitioned long an slow. As one inch grew in I would cut an inch off until it was all natural about a year and a half I think. It's been so long I have forgotten. Three going on 4 years now. But do what makes you feel comfortable.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 13th March 2010, 7:11 pm

I was just on my way to tha store to buy some. I get my twists on monday and I'm excited to get started! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I like what you said about how everytime your hair grew an inch you cut off an inch. That's a good idea I'm gonna do that. I think I'd be more comfortable with that. I was wondering, is using the olive oil on my skin during spring and summer a bad idea? Thank you soo much for your help! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th March 2010, 3:43 pm

It all depends on your skin type and how fast your skin soaks it in. Oily skin will take longer than dry skin to soak it in. Give it a try and go for night-time application right after you shower That way you can see how your skin reacts and you can spare your clothes from being ruined. I'm pretty cheap. If I'm using evoo or shea butter, I also use it on my skin at night after I shower usually during the winter because I have oily skin. Otherwise during spring and summer I really like Vaseline Cocoa butter deep conditioning lotion (that's just me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) I don't use any of those products on my face, I always breakout. But, everyone is different. Do what you feel is right for you. You know you better than anyone else.

Don't feel pressured one way or the other. You might get six months down the road and want to cut down to your natural hair because your are tired of dealing with two textures, It's okay, or you can take 2 years. The one thing I can say about my journey is that everyone's hair is different. My daughter's hair is so different than mine. The products I use on mine don't work for her. Her hair is extremely tightly coiled and very fragile. It's strictly. low shampoo, deep conditioner, shea butter, and twist. If not her hair breaks off everytime. Where as my hair is not as tightly coiled and it can take a little more abuse, not much, but a little more. Go figure! I know your twist will turn out great! Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 25th March 2010, 6:31 pm

I finally got my twists and I love them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I still have to buy the Taliah Waajid sprits tho. My scalp has gotton really dry. I'm hoping the spray will help. Thanks for u guy's help so far I'll keep you posted. Be Blessed! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 25th March 2010, 10:27 pm

Hey Jazziepink_09,

Your hair looks great and the Talijah Sprits should help. Thanks for the update. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 26th March 2010, 10:25 pm

Hi, congrats on your decision to go natural. i use from time to time carol's daugther leave in conditioners the Tui and Black Vanilla. You could spray on your twist at night and in the morning for extra moisture it's very refreshing. They call it a detangler but i wouldn't dare use it on my hair as such. i actually detangle with other conditioner like hell hydration or tresemme naturals, or aussie moist, suave naturals and so on then i spray on the carol's daughter once i've finish rinsing after my oils.

You have to experiment to see what will keep you hydrated more. :-D
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 27th March 2010, 2:25 pm

Thank you soo much for your help. My mom, my sister and I we're watching hvc and the carol's daughter conditioner sell out the other day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] We're going to get it from Macy's. My sister just bc'd and she was looking for some conditioners. Your reply came just in time.
ThanX! Be Blessed! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 27th March 2010, 10:08 pm

You Can Also Buy It From carolsdaughter.com 2 They Have Free Shipping Up To A Certain Dollar Amount Often. I Think This Week It's $50.....It's Really Frustrating How Quick It Sells Out, Sometimes You Have 2 Buy One Than One @ A Time....I Just Want 2 Call Them And Tell Them 2 Make More Then They Usually Do Because People Like Her Stuff....Supply And Demand,lol...I Hope You Ladies Enjoy It!
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazziepink_09 16th April 2010, 12:53 pm

Hey Natural Big Sisters! I have a question. I'm going to take my twist out in a couple of weeks and i want to give my hair a break before I get some more. I was thinking about getting a curly halfwig. Something like what she has :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What do you guys think. Is this a good idea? Or do you all have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance : )

G.G.A.T.P. : )
Jazziepink_09
Jazziepink_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down