CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana??

+22
poeticlyspkng
blondie
mstokes2008
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
Nikcoils
KinKyKennY
CocoEuro
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
Jupitarlove
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Empty Re: Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana??

Post by Jupitarlove 8th June 2010, 4:16 pm

So in efforts to address the dryness i decided id try to make my own conditoner. IT WORKED!!! I loved it my hair seems thicker and has more moister. I used 2 table spoons of honey, 2 table spoons of olive oil and 2 egg yoks. I sectioned off my head put in all in combed it threw and let it sit for 30mins and rinsed it. For my twist out i used shea butter and my styling gel and my leave in tea tree condioner. I loved the results!!!!! I feel like my hair grew over night but it just lossened the curls i guess lol....IM LOVIN MY BC!!!! And @Scug_a_licious Thanks cousin!
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh24
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh25
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh26
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh27
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

http://twitter.com/jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Empty Re: Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana??

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 8th June 2010, 11:28 pm

I love the pics!! Thats so awesome that you created your own conditioner cuz your finding out what type of products your hair likes.
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 19th June 2010, 2:44 am

OK. So Im really loving my new condish but I am really itching to put some color in my hair! I wanna dye it but Im not sure about what dye to use? I heard something about natural dye but i have no idea where to buy it! My cousin is going to try the henna, but my hair is extremely dark so I dont think the color will show. I recently just wore my hair out as a fro and everyone loved it!! Heres the pic
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh28

Also my cousin had an old twist out so I got creative and pulled out a piece in the front and put a hat on her!! hERES our pic together!
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh29

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 19th June 2010, 5:41 am

I'm having the same issue with picking a color. I've done henna about 3 or 4 times and I love the results for my hairs health, but color wise... Suspect it leaves much to be desired. I'm in love with red/burgandyish hair lol. There's a post in the General section about hair color ( http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/hair-coloring-need-some-serious-help-t4674.htm )and most people who replied said the Garnier Nutrisse cream color is the way to go. HTH
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 19th June 2010, 5:44 pm

Hey Jupitar!!

Just read your story, your pics are super cute!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 21st June 2010, 2:08 pm

thanks for the link @Msstokes2008
@QuietButterfly thankyou so much im enjoyin this jorney!! My hair is growiiinnnnnnngggg lol imma catch up to you your hair is so cute
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 13th July 2010, 8:55 pm

Hey Jupitarlove!! Whats new on your hair?? Hows it lookin these days??
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 1:03 pm

Hey Jlove...

Where you been? So what color are you going with? Are you thinking about doing henna?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 19th July 2010, 3:44 pm

Hello every one i know its been awhile but im still very excited! My hair is really growing!! If you ask me its my homemade conditioner!!!! LOL i have been using that everyother week to co wash and deep condition. Ive finally been natural in the club...love it, its so much cooler and for once the humidity is working for me not against lol. I have been getting more and more compliments on my hair the longer it gets. I decided not to dye and im going to try henna, everyone seems to just love their results. I have also noticed that older men ADORE my hair lol im only 20 so older to me is about 26 and up lol. I have a new friend ladies!!! Smile Im just really happy about my hair and life. 1 thing i am noticing is the back of my hair is growing way longer than any other part of my hair. I made a joke to my cousin that im going to have a natural mullet in a min lol. But here are some pics
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Curly_10

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh11
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Snapsh12
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 19th July 2010, 3:54 pm

Love your pics and your creativity. Glad to see someone around my age embracing natural hair!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 19th July 2010, 4:28 pm

Ebbz!!! Hey we must have the same name im EBONI!! EBS UNITE LOL
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 19th July 2010, 4:38 pm

Mine is EBONY! Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 617583
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Empty ITS BEEN A YR SINCE A PERM!!!

Post by Jupitarlove 7th October 2010, 12:37 am

omg its been a year IM REALLY EXCITED!!! Ok its a been a yr since a perm 5 months since my BC but i was looking at old pictures and wow the growth is crazzzyyyy. Just showing you guys ive been really busy! Oh im have a surprise coming in some weeks for you guys with my hair cant wait to show it off!!!Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 10100610
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th October 2010, 7:16 am

Yes ma'am I can see the growth. How is school coming along? Remember stay focused....

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 8th December 2010, 9:38 pm

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Curly_10

Hey ladies guess what along with this dyed strip in my hair IM MOVING!!!! Im from st.louis MO i go to mizzou University of missouri-columbia....this sucky town lol but im going to NEW ORLEANS!!!! and Xavier come this jan.!!!!
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 8th December 2010, 9:42 pm

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 75176_10
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th December 2010, 10:28 pm

Looking good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th December 2010, 4:18 pm

You look great and I love love love that dyed strip. So funky fresh and different!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 9th December 2010, 4:36 pm

Thanks you guys!!!!!!!
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 18th December 2010, 12:46 am

Your strip is beautiful! I want to steal it!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 18th December 2010, 8:40 pm

Hey guys no new pics but i have somme good news! Ill be in Eurpoe on TUE!! Yup thats right Europe....Paris on tue and Germany till the 29th....Im goin to visit my oldest brother, niece & nephew. I cant wait i never been over seas before. I also am curious to see how they will react to my natural hair! My mom said when she went to germany she didmt even see black people and everyone was so intrigued by her so im anxious to see the reaction to a fresh twist out lol.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS CURLY SISTERS!
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd December 2010, 12:28 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I pray you have a great time and safe travels. I can wait to see the pics when you return.

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 24th December 2010, 2:25 am

I hope you have fun in Germany cousin! I know they will love to touch your hair. My teamate from Denmark loves my hair and her family loves to touch it. Your hair was looking fab this weekend!! Get it girl!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 9th January 2011, 8:17 pm

@Daughter-Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you too!! And thank you!!

@Scrug_a_licious- You know that I will get it just for you!! I cant wait till you come downsouth! I am so happy!

Well ladies, I am officially an xavierette!! I was attending the University of Missouri (mizzou) and I hated it there! Its too big, not enough brothas and sistas, and i dont like the class sizes! It was always my dream to go to an all black college. My first choice was Spellman and when I visited, I instantly fell in love. But, that school was too expensive and I couldnt afford it. My second choice was Xavier but Mizzou gave me a better acedemic scholarship. At Mizzou I was unfocused and I hated it so much that I was constantly physically sick. My parents noticed a change in me and saw my grades dropped and gave me the option to leave. After a long time of waiting for my info to process I was finally accepted!! I feel so lifted to now be in New Orleans to start my new life!! I intend to make some friends and meet some new men! I dont know anyone here yet. Do any of you ladies live in that area?? If so then let me know :-).

My hair is doing very well!! I have it in a protective style under a wig right now! Ive noticed that almost every female here is natural! Thats a breath of fresh air since I was uniquely natural at Mizzou. I have seen many girls who I think I can get tips from and give tips to. I know that my hair is really growing and it is noticable. Before I wore my wig, my hair was very soft and conditioned. Everywhere I went I got countless complements about my little light brown stripe in my hair. I was wondering if anyone had hairstyle ideas for someone who is past TWA but not quite SL hair! I have been wearing twistouts and chunky twist outs but i would like to switch it up!

Here are some pics of my hair before I came to school.
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Eboni_10

This picture was at a club when one of the photographers caught me dancing!
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Eboni_11

Heres a pic of the length of my hair 7 months ago
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Eboni_12

As opposed to now...
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? - Page 4 Eboni_13

See the growth? Weigh in ladies!
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:24 pm

Hello Jlove

I do see the growth, and it look good on you. Congratulations on your transfer!!! I don't know a sole at Xavier University, but you will make friends quickly.

I know you feel in love with Spellman; if I had a daughter I would sell my organs to get here there. Xavier is a great school as well. Hit JnB up on her thread I think she attended there.

Anyway....how was your trip overseas?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next