CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pibbs 514 Dryer???

5 posters

Go down

Pibbs 514 Dryer??? Empty Pibbs 514 Dryer???

Post by cdawnlujan 4th March 2010, 1:42 pm

So I am a total appliance junkie! I'm recovering though and I have hidden my 3 flat irons, 2 blowdryers and God only knows how many curling irons from my sight!! But then I just had to stumble across the LHCF and read up on the Pibbs 514 dryer. Now, I've never been good at putting rollers in my hair by myself and my little rinky dinky table top dryer takes me 2 hours to "kinda" dry it, and half the time I can't even fit under it!! So my question is (finally!) Has anyone ever tried it? Is it worth the $300?? Is there a cheaper alternative that gives the exact same results??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Pibbs 514 Dryer??? Empty Re: Pibbs 514 Dryer???

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th March 2010, 6:06 pm

I have one and I love it. I have had mine since Jan. '08 - I got mine through a deal on LHCF for around $230 (I believe). I love it. I'm not sure about the cheaper alternative - I had a Dazy tabletop prior to that - and this is defintely a big improvement. Although i only use it now for DC - but it was a good investment for me. According to what heat setting I'm using this took 1hr to dry BSL hair. Before that - it took me 2 hrs to fully dry.

I'm looking to purchase a steamer now.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ty 4th March 2010, 11:32 pm

I can’t say whether or not if gives the same exact results as the Pibbs because I’ve never tried the Pibbs but the SalonsRus salon dryer on wheels is amazing imo. It dries my roller set hair in an hour/hour 15 minutes max. With my old table top dryer it took over 2 hours (not really sure because I never stayed under long enough for it to dry completely). It also has an air control dial which allows you to change the direction of the circulating air so that all of your hair gets dry. It has a timer and also a temp setting. I can sit under the dryer without feeling like I’m in Hades. And the best part is it’s less than half the price of the Pibbs. I highly recommend it as an alternative.
ty
ty

http://tysnaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 5th March 2010, 1:26 am

Hmm...SalonsRus huh?? where did you get that? Online?
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 6th March 2010, 12:07 am

I am so grateful for this post. I am looking for a dryer comparable to the Pibbs too for my rollersets. I do a ton of rollersets and I have to admit that the drying time is a big factor for my sets. I will research salonsrus. It sounds like a good investment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by ty 6th March 2010, 2:36 pm

cdawnlewis wrote:Hmm...SalonsRus huh?? where did you get that? Online?

Yep, got it online at salonsrus.com. They offer free shipping too (to anywhere in the continental U.S.). It looks like they are currently out of stock though.

naturallyu wrote:I am so grateful for this post. I am looking for a dryer comparable to the Pibbs too for my rollersets. I do a ton of rollersets and I have to admit that the drying time is a big factor for my sets. I will research salonsrus. It sounds like a good investment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is one of the threads that helped convinced me to purchase it. It has quite a few great reviews.
ty
ty

http://tysnaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarise 7th March 2010, 7:51 am

Luckily I checked on Craigslist, because there's someone selling theirs for $150. Though I was wondering if anyone has used this dryer to just dry their hair sans rollers. I've read that you need a hair net otherwise your hair gets sucked up to the fan.

I have done rollersets just by airdrying so do not really mind that, but I'd really like to use this for drying my hair curly. It takes forever to dry on its own.
Amarise
Amarise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarise 13th March 2010, 8:59 pm

I ended up getting the Pibbs dryer on Craigslist, which I recommend everyone to check out once in a while. Many salons and people were selling either the portable hard hat dryers or actual salon chair dryers that are stationary for good prices. It's worth the effort to look in your area.

Just last night, I tested it with twists in my hair, it dried it nicely in 10 minutes except for my very ends as my hair is very long, down to my waist. I just held those ends up for 5 minutes and it dried completely. I mean nicely as in it did not fry out my hair but it dried softly.

So the next tme I'm going to try airdrying my hair curly but did notice the upward flow can blow little pieces up towards the fan, not so much when it's wet though. I think if I just use clips on the top to set my hair, it should help prevent any hairs from going up.
Amarise
Amarise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down