CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to do about dry looking hair?

4 posters

Go down

what to do about dry looking hair? Empty what to do about dry looking hair?

Post by mskndunn 23rd February 2010, 12:22 pm

hi,

my name is kimberly and i've been natural for one month today. i'm having a probably with my hair looking like it has no moisture, but it does. how can i get rid of the dry look?

thanks

mskndunn

Back to top Go down

what to do about dry looking hair? Empty Re: what to do about dry looking hair?

Post by NewlyNina 23rd February 2010, 12:45 pm

Same problem here been natural 2 weeks.....not sure what 2 do? I'll be watching this thread!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by QTY PYE 23rd February 2010, 1:26 pm

mskndunn - what is your current moisturizing regimen???
QTY PYE
QTY PYE

Back to top Go down

Post by mskndunn 23rd February 2010, 2:01 pm

i use mizani rose h2o conditioner and curly gel, aussie leave in conditioner, cantu olive oil

mskndunn

Back to top Go down

Post by QTY PYE 23rd February 2010, 2:15 pm

I use to have the dry look problem, not anymore, maybe because of what I am doing currently.

Before I wash...

I do a pre-poo with caster oil, olive oil, and honey warmed slightly

After I wash...

I apply Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner, I rub this all throughout my hair, from roots to the ends, it gives my hair softness and shine.

I oil my scalp with a Jojoba oil/aloe vera mix, I massage my scalp for a couple minutes at this point.

Then I apply a glycerin/aloe vera/castor oil mix all over my head, for extra moisture and shine, also as a sealant for the moisture I applied earlier.

The next daily...

I am very light with products since I did the routine the day before. I apply a little Giovanni Leave-In for day and the glycerin mix in the evening before bed. I learned that if your hair needs a little extra more, go for it. There is no rule to just add moisture once a day, some people have to carry a spritz bottle in their purse for touch-ups throughout the day. See what works for you.
QTY PYE
QTY PYE

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJazzy 23rd February 2010, 2:19 pm

NewlyNina wrote:Same problem here been natural 2 weeks.....not sure what 2 do? I'll be watching this thread!
Same here.
NaturallyJazzy
NaturallyJazzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mskndunn 23rd February 2010, 5:33 pm

qty pye

i'm very confused. are you saying you want me to put honey in my hair? Jojoba oil/aloe vera mix are you mixing these two together? the glycerin/aloe vera/castor oil mix are these products you are mixing all together. and what is glycerin and where do you find it>

mskndunn

Back to top Go down

Post by QTY PYE 23rd February 2010, 6:15 pm

Hey mskndunn,
Check this out...

http://bglhonline.com/regimen-toolkit/moisturizing-masterbook/

Yes honey :-). A lot of things we cook with or that is in the kitchen is great for cosmetic use. Baking soda, apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, eggs, avocado, mayo, the list goes on.

The honey mixture is more of a castor oil mixture, I don't measure out the castor oil (maybe about 1/2 cup), I put how much I want my hair to have that day, use about a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. The honey isn't sticky after you heat it for 30 seconds. The amount is up to your hair needs. Castor oil helps seal in moisture, making your hair soft. Our hair can absorb an oil like this easily, which allows for deeper penetration into the hair shaft. I use this mixture once a month for pre-poo.

The Jojoba oil mix contains: jojoba oil, horsetail, aloe vera, olive oil, castor oil. Its is for hair growth and moisturizer. With this oil, I get about an inch of new growth a month. I oil my scalp with this twice a week. Before this I was using DooGro oil, bad idea, and I had to use it everyday because if I didn't, I would need to wash everyday due to dryness. As soon as I used this mixture, the dryness went away and I used less because my hair could make it a week fine.

The Glycerin mix is a leave-in moisturizer. Some people just put water and glycerin in a spray bottle and spritz this on each day. I added aloe vera and castor oil for softness and to seal in the moisture. Glycerin helps keep the hair hydrated, moist, define those curls a little more, and helps tame the frizz.

I buy all my natural products at www.mountainroseherbs.com. I make my own oil, moisturizer - shea butter mix or glycerin mix, hot oil treatment, and pre-poo treatment. Shoot me a message if you have any questions or want to get more into detail.

Last edited by QTY PYE on 23rd February 2010, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
QTY PYE
QTY PYE

Back to top Go down

Post by QTY PYE 23rd February 2010, 6:41 pm

I posted a new avatar to show the sheen of moisturized hair. You can run your fingers right through with no problem. I have 4b hair. If I was to not follow my routine, my hair would return back to the time I didn't know how to take care of it... cracked, dry, no curl definition and matted.

Some other pics....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

QTY PYE
QTY PYE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down