CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

w8tng2bnatural

+5
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
StephanieB
ytiznatural
9 posters

Go down

w8tng2bnatural Empty w8tng2bnatural

Post by ytiznatural 19th February 2010, 7:37 am

So hello ladies, I didnt think I would be saying this or even be on this forum saying I am natural. I have transition since September 10,2009. Well I dont think i would have ever bc, but I got the dreadful micros you maybe read about the last time i posted. Well I saw i had new growth and i was so tired of the micros. So it took me all night to take all of them out and when i saw how hideous my hair looked I knew I couldnt work with what i had. So after i washed my hair, i looked and contemplated how i would look with short hair. I knew I had to do something I look crazy and fight with the two textures I had. I was hanging on to something that really didnt have meaning, those relaxed ends wasnt doing anything for me. So I started cutting. it was about two in the morn, and hubby woke up and i told him what i was doing. He didnt make any remarks, he just felt i should have kept up what i was doing and not get the micros. A few weeks ago i showed him a pic of a friend min after she did her big chop without doing anything to her hair. He was like she looks like a boy, and if you do that I will tease you all the time. well when he saw the finished product he didnt say anything. He just asked me what my girls will think. I am not sure what their reactions will be. All I can say is Yolanda is happy and now I am natural. I am now concerned as to what I should use and how to maintain a style. so if any of you can give me some pointers I would apprciate it. I will take pics today and I wil Post them a lil later. SO i guess need to change my user name, because I am nautal and I so can not believe I am. I would have never thought in a million years I will have short hair. I am glad I have had some growth that my hair is not just so short short, but it is tolerable. any helpful info would be appreciated. And thanks so much you guys for reading
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

w8tng2bnatural Empty Re: w8tng2bnatural

Post by StephanieB 19th February 2010, 8:48 am

Congratulations on your big chop and I'm glad you like your new look! You're in the right place for getting ideas on a products to use. Browse through the other threads in this forum and you will find LOTS of ideas and suggestions.

I look forward to see some pictures. Smile

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2010, 8:58 am

Congratulations cheers

You will get all the information you could possible want and need here. I always suggest to newbies to check out MahoganyCurls. She has a tread here where you can ask her questions about your TWA as well as tons of videos on YouTube.

The key is moisture and listen to what your hair likes or dislikes. You will know that by the way your hair feels.

Congratulations again and welcome to the natural community a world of positive curlies who share a goal of having healthy natural hair.

afro
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

w8tng2bnatural Empty pics the new me

Post by ytiznatural 19th February 2010, 10:19 am

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14613403/32]w8tng2bnatural Sam_1710[/url
]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14613403/33]w8tng2bnatural Sam_1812[/url
]

Last edited by w8tng2bnatural on 19th February 2010, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th February 2010, 10:22 am

Hello and welcome....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th February 2010, 10:35 am

Congrats on your BC!! You look Awesome!! Just as the other curlies told you MahoganyCurls is our resident TWA expert. She has just passed her one year mark, but she has tons of information and is very helpful.

I agree with KNH that you will learn what YOUR curls want and need. No two heads are alike, so enjoy YOUR journey and know that you are in the right place. The curlies on this site are so very helpful and FULL of information! Welcome to the family!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 19th February 2010, 10:57 am

thanks ladies for the information
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th February 2010, 12:03 pm

Congratulations!!!! You did it and I cant believe it either!!! Your hubby will come around, dont worry. What did you mom say?

It's really cute!! You can change your avatar now too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th February 2010, 2:25 pm

Welcome and Congrats!! You look great!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 19th February 2010, 5:06 pm

Lynnieluve how do i change the avatar, I was trying to do that and aslo if I could change my name also. Hubby liked it. He didnt act negative at all. I cut it and everything by myself. Mom asked why did i do it, and was saying that I had a big face. Now I am like dont know what to do, I know I may need just a tad more length to get the twist, but I dont know where to start
Thanks also SheeTacular
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 19th February 2010, 5:11 pm

Welcome to the challenge. I just started as well I know you will love it. The ladies here are so supportive. Congrats on your big chop BTW. I am also sporting a twa. cheers
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 19th February 2010, 5:26 pm

cheers Welcome to the BnB side of CN.com and CONGRATULATIONS on your BC!!! I don't think you look a boy at all. You look beautiful Smile Your hubby will eventually see what you see just keep on being patient!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th February 2010, 6:26 pm

Go to profile and you see "avatar" there.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down