CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

komaza hair products

+9
Brainiac
PrettyLady24
LaToya28
Erica5417
cassadie3
Divinebeauty87
sweetdrk1
NaturalNixon
raina
13 posters

Go down

komaza hair products Empty komaza hair products

Post by raina 14th February 2010, 8:54 pm

Does anyone use Komaza hair care products? I have been using their cocconut line for about 2 months. I especially like the cocconut curl lotion and the olive oil moisture mask. They also have samples that you can order so you can see if you like their products or not.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

komaza hair products Empty Re: komaza hair products

Post by NaturalNixon 15th February 2010, 11:43 am

I tried the sample coconut curl lotion when I did my BC and liked it. I need to test out a few more samples with my current length to see what works for me.

I love product lines who offer sample. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th February 2010, 12:22 pm

*whispering* I am not suppose to be in here. But I have some sample sizes, that I have to use up. I loved the coconut conditioner, when I had less hair my curls drank it right up. I think I have the curl lotion and spary left. I have to check.

*tip toes out* SHhhh Don't tell Lynn, TJ or Erica I was in here...

*looking both ways as I sneak out*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 15th February 2010, 5:38 pm

I've been using several of the komaza hair products since December.

Califia Moisturizing Spray
Califia Moisturizing Cream
Shea Butter Lotion
Hair Nourishment Oil
Hair (Protein) Strengthener

I really love these products. The hair strengthener replaced my aphogee 2-step treatment as a natural alternative. The shea butter lotion is also a heat protectant and I use it as a leave-in before I blow-dry (on low heat, high frequency). It smells like coconut cake to me (yummy).

However, recently I noticed that I was washing my hair more because it was itchy. The source of that itch was the hair nourishment oil. Too much build up on my scalp. Also, I really like my califia moisturizing cream but I haven't decided whether I like it better than my afroveda shea amla?????? I'm still comparing them (so far, I think the afroveda is the winner). I really want to get the Califia Shampoo next time I order something.
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 15th February 2010, 7:34 pm

@ naturaul nixon I love product lines that offer samples too!Its a good way to see if it will work for our hair before we spend alot of money.@ Sweet you know I started to put up a disclaimer for you and the others that are on the product challenge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I bet you lynn and erica are right around the corner!@ divine beauty, you know my scalp was itchy too after i applied the nourishment growth oil. It comes out of the bottle really fast so I thought I had used too much.I was itching all over. but that stuff was not cheap.!I do like this line alot and have decided to use it consistantly for a while.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 15th February 2010, 11:56 pm

@raina yea it wasn't cheap at all so I still use it the day before I shampoo to avoid all the itching! The first time I used the hair nourishment oil it was dripping down my neck because it pours really fast. I've learned not to squeeze it at all.
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 17th February 2010, 9:25 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:*whispering* I am not suppose to be in here. But I have some sample sizes, that I have to use up. I loved the coconut conditioner, when I had less hair my curls drank it right up. I think I have the curl lotion and spary left. I have to check.

LOL! ....ohhh the secret lives of PJ's....
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th February 2010, 9:28 pm

LOL @ Cassadie3 love that Avatar!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 17th February 2010, 9:31 pm

why thank you!

im waiting for samples of the califia styling pudding, leave in and intense moisture therapy and its like waiting for santa to come!!! I am just so giddy I can't wait!

...ohhh the [not so secret] life of a PJ.... Smile
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 17th February 2010, 10:06 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:*whispering* I am not suppose to be in here. But I have some sample sizes, that I have to use up. I loved the coconut conditioner, when I had less hair my curls drank it right up. I think I have the curl lotion and spary left. I have to check.

BUSTED!! Whatcha doing in here Sweet? huh? Now I gotta give you the Lynnie look Suspect ...feel guilty yet?
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th March 2010, 5:55 pm

I just received my Califia sample set. I haven't used it yet, but their shipping was on point! My order shipped the day after I ordered. I think I'm going to order some more samples--Olive moisture mask, moku hair butter, and shea butter lotion.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyLady24 6th July 2010, 3:59 pm

Is anyone using the Coconut Curl Pudding? It is great for getting me through a few days without co-washing. I am trying to figure out how to keep my second day hair from getting mushed on the sides. Any suggestions on how to tie it up?

PrettyLady24

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 6th July 2010, 5:19 pm

I love the Olive Moisture Mask. For those of you who use the Hair Nourishment Oil pour into your hand first before applying to the scalp. That way you wont pour to much and waste the product. Since I been applying it that way I have a lot more left of the product.

I think one bottle is good for 3 months. Any one use the Honeycomb Rejuvenator or Protein Treatment?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by MsArabia 14th February 2011, 12:05 pm

Aaaaaah I'm so happy I found this! I've been thinking about using these products but hadn't heard any reviews besides the one on Youtube which made me want to use them. Thanks ladies.
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 14th February 2011, 11:18 pm

MsArabia, don't know if you will visit this site again, but if you do, they are having a sale today only. I received an email a few days ago. I think it is 15% off, Customer Appreciation Sale.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 15th February 2011, 11:52 am

@ sweedrk1, this is too funny...shhh (also looking both ways)

arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 15th February 2011, 11:53 am

LOL, omg, I just saw that you got busted already!! lol!
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 15th February 2011, 12:06 pm

But anyway....I'm using the Califia line and the Olive Moisture Mask. The olive mask is awesome, it's protein free and I find it very moisturizing. I also like the califia moist spray and moist cream. Haven't had good luck with the califia leave in tho,it gives my hair that weird tangled feeling. But I do like the new Moja conditioner, and I haven't yet used the Herbal Tea rinse. But the other things I weigh in on return business of a company is shipping charges and promotions, and they are great about both...always offering specials and free shipping. And they have a rewards program, you get 5% of each order in credit toward your "very next" order...no waiting! Score!
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by MsArabia 15th February 2011, 1:15 pm

@naturallynola: thanks for the tip!
@arhandy: I've heard good things from others about the Califia line as well so I know I'll be trying some of those. Have you ever tried any of the coconut products???
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 15th February 2011, 1:22 pm

@ MsArabia, No I haven't tried those yet. The lady I spoke with told me those were designed to tighten up your curl, while the califia line is designed to loosen your curl. They recommend each line for a certain hair type, but she says people mix and match them up with good results. I just decided to go with her recommendations for my first try.
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 16th February 2011, 2:04 pm

Hey Ladies,

Where are you guys getting the Komaza products from that will give you samples?
I'm a newbie so forgive me, lol
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

http://public.fotki.com/Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 16th February 2011, 2:24 pm

Hi, Hart-4, I purchased my products from their site http://www.komazahaircare.com/.

Hart-4-Naturals wrote:Hey Ladies,

Where are you guys getting the Komaza products from that will give you samples?
I'm a newbie so forgive me, lol
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 16th February 2011, 2:28 pm

@ Hart-4, I see you are a brand new babie to this site as of yesterday. Well, I hope you enjoy it here. I'm pretty new myself, and I find myself coming here, even before I go to FB now, when I'm in search of information or advice. It's really cool. I'm just about to search for recipes for Aloe Vera spritzers or leave in's. Good luck, and see you around the community! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 16th February 2011, 3:58 pm

Thank you Arhandy! I didn't really understand at first how to maneuver around the forums, but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'm looking for inexpensive stylers for dry twistouts. I have been using Miss Jessie Culy Pudding, but of course my hair has to be soaking wet to get the best turn out. I think I'm going to try the Eco Custard that I saw on another post and the Shea Moisture Smoothie. However, I do want to research the Shea Moisture Smoothie a little more because I just saw someone post that it doesn't give much hold.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Do you have a fotki page?
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

http://public.fotki.com/Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 16th February 2011, 10:26 pm

@ Hart-4--You're welcome! I had no luck at all with Miss Jessies, and I haven't used the Eco styler. I don't wash and go well but so far I liked the define and curl gel by Shida Naturals best of anything I've tried for a wash and go. I mostly do twistouts right now, but by summer (I'm in school) I plan to practice more styles. the Shea Smoothie is a big hit with many naturals, and many boast great twists with both it and their deep treatment masque but you're right, they also report it's not the best for hold. I have far more moisturizers than stylers and I plan to start adding a little Organic Root stimulator "lock and twist gel" to each twist and see if it gives me better hold without drying it out. I did a little patch test and it wasn't bad, so next I'll try the whole head, just a little after moisturizing each twist. It's creamy, I can get it locally, and it's inexpensive. So I figure it's a good place for me to start. :-). I read somewhere, that some people use a little setting lotion to better set their twists. I'm not sure what style you're trying to acheive but you will get lots of advice and ideas on these blog sites.

Yes, I do have a fotki page, but I haven't updated it in a while.. Embarassed http://public.fotki.com/LiberationIsPriceless/ check it out when you get a chance. geek

Hart-4-Naturals wrote:Thank you Arhandy! I didn't really understand at first how to maneuver around the forums, but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'm looking for inexpensive stylers for dry twistouts. I have been using Miss Jessie Culy Pudding, but of course my hair has to be soaking wet to get the best turn out. I think I'm going to try the Eco Custard that I saw on another post and the Shea Moisture Smoothie. However, I do want to research the Shea Moisture Smoothie a little more because I just saw someone post that it doesn't give much hold.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Do you have a fotki page?
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down