CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it

2 posters

Go down

always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it Empty always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it

Post by jazz 9th February 2010, 5:46 am

ok so i just joined this site and i have had curly natural hair my whole life and thanks to my mom who never let me put any chems on my hair just let me flat iron once i was in high school and only every so often... ok so now the problem is that im out on my own married and moved away from my mom and i have no freaking clue what to do with my hair .. what products to use and or where to buy them... my mom never really did much but wash and condition my hair but its always kinda been dry.... can anyone help me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] basically since i got married and my husband moved me up to WA where it rains mucho i have just been wearing my hair in a bun.. im getting ready to move back to CA and dont want my hair to dry out even more ... help
jazz
jazz

Back to top Go down

always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it Empty Re: always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it

Post by tiashaunteé 9th February 2010, 3:20 pm

What is your current hair care regimen? What products are you using?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it Empty Re: always had natural hair just never knew what to do with it

Post by jazz 9th February 2010, 4:04 pm

to be honest im using pantene curls shampoo and conditioner and then palmers olive oil hairdress sometimes i use frizzease if my hair is straight ( doesnt work all that well cause i live in 30 mins from seattle and it just rains mostly ) but i just started using the palmers cause my mom came up after i had my baby and was like what the hell are you doing with your hair its dry lol ... but i dont really like the pantene curls all that much either cause its not that much moister i think... but it could be cause im not putting much else with it .. i notice girls on here using coconut oil and other things and plan on going to the store to get some but dont know what brand to try or if i should get castor oil or whatever else . im looking for something that will make my hair not feel like straw cause of the gel or mousse and make it healthy again what could you suggest ??? what are your fav things ??
by the way thanks for the reply tiashauntee and also i like the deff of your curls and am looking to make my curls more refine when i wear my hair down cause i would love to start wearing it down.. the other day when my husband was home i got out the shower and he said wow i didnt know your hair had gotten that long ... ( mind you ive been married for 2 years almost so that shows how much i have my hair in a bun or under a hat lol )
* also my hair is longer then it is in my avatar since ive had my baby its gone down my back even more .. that was just the best pic of me with curly hair lol )
jazz
jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th February 2010, 4:15 pm

ok, first things first-you want to pay attention to the ingredients you are putting on your hair. Since you are just learning I would suggest getting a journal and keeping notes about the products you use, the ingredients, and how your hair responses. Compare the Pantene ingredients against palmers and note the differences. Honestly, I don't like Pantene either-I used it because it was what my mother would buy.

GoodGuide.com is a great resource for doing product research: http://www.goodguide.com/products/144876-pantene-pro-v-conditioner-hydrating-curls

I visited Seattle a few years ago and I remember the rain all to well. However, that humidity can be a blessing for your curls.

Start off small with products-you don't want to go out and buy a ton of items that don't work and then you are stuck with them.

Here is my regimen: Cold Weather Regimen
My current products: Product Rotation

To start off try doing a deep conditioning treatment every week (less if you feel its too much for your hair) and a bottle of Aussie moist conditioner for co-washing. A combo of these two should help with the dryness.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jazz 9th February 2010, 5:41 pm

thanks i will let you know how it goes.... might take me a little bit to get back to you .. trying to get my newborn on a routine and i cant do anything till my husband comes back from being out to sea ( navy ) that way i have time to do my hair without my daughter crying .. as of right now i only get 5 mins in the shower and i have too much hair to was in so little time lol ;-)
jazz
jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down