CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your guilty pleasure?

5 posters

Go down

What's your guilty pleasure? Empty What's your guilty pleasure?

Post by Muz 4th February 2010, 2:07 pm

I LOVE to read, books are my crack (seriously, even though I know I'm broke, one of the first things I'll get when I get some extra money is a book ~lol~) but the last couple of years I've seriously been into Historical Romances, it started out with Beverly Jenkins, and then I started getting into the White authors (my favorites are Julia Quinn (her books are funny), Stephanie Laurens, Eloisa James, Julia London, Lisa Kleypas (her books are funny too) and Victoria Alexander). I absolutely LOVE series novels (when it's one family/group). So Historical Romances are my guilty pleasure (even more funny, I skip over the sex scenes ~lol~). What's yours?
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What's your guilty pleasure? Empty Re: What's your guilty pleasure?

Post by mitchellzee 5th February 2010, 3:03 am

Ok...don't laugh...I love the Twilight Saga (Vampires and werewolves..Oh MY!). I have even read the manuscript posted on the authors website titled Midnight Sun, the (5th book) she has put on the shelf indefinitely. I'm re-reading the 3rd book in the series right now just so I can get my daily "fix". I know it's crazy but I just can't get it out of my head. I might move on to another vampire series but not sure which one. I don't think I can do another "high school" type again.

Other than that...I loved The Time Traveler's Wife and The Reader . I'm a sucker for love stories too. Sometimes I just go to the thrift store and check out whatever was in the "Oprah's Book Club".
mitchellzee
mitchellzee

http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 5th February 2010, 9:40 am

I can't get into this Vampire thing. LOL, but I did read all of the Harry Potter books, and loved them, I'll probably re-read them before the last two movies come out. One good thing about those movies, they weren't SO far off of the books that I can no longer enjoy them. But these last two will be the first two I'm seeing AFTER I read the books, for the other ones I read the books after seeing the movie. (But after seeing the last movie I had to finish the series because I wanted to know what was happening. LOL). I actually have them all in hardcover in that little collectible chest
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 14th March 2010, 2:18 pm

mitchellzee wrote:Ok...don't laugh...I love the Twilight Saga (Vampires and werewolves..Oh MY!). I have even read the manuscript posted on the authors website titled Midnight Sun, the (5th book) she has put on the shelf indefinitely. I'm re-reading the 3rd book in the series right now just so I can get my daily "fix". I know it's crazy but I just can't get it out of my head. I might move on to another vampire series but not sure which one. I don't think I can do another "high school" type again.

Other than that...I loved The Time Traveler's Wife and The Reader . I'm a sucker for love stories too. Sometimes I just go to the thrift store and check out whatever was in the "Oprah's Book Club".

Been there, done that. Although I am better now a friend and I actually took a trip up to Forks and La Push a few years ago.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 5th April 2010, 3:48 am

I love, love romance novels. I especially like to read anything written by Susan Johnson and Nora Roberts. I have books piled up all around that I know I will have to throw out when I leave Japan in another year. That will be heart breaking. I heart books. What's your guilty pleasure? Icon_flower
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msbigfinefro 7th April 2010, 5:37 pm

mitchellzee wrote:Ok...don't laugh...I love the Twilight Saga (Vampires and werewolves..Oh MY!). I have even read the manuscript posted on the authors website titled Midnight Sun, the (5th book) she has put on the shelf indefinitely. I'm re-reading the 3rd book in the series right now just so I can get my daily "fix". I know it's crazy but I just can't get it out of my head. I might move on to another vampire series but not sure which one. I don't think I can do another "high school" type again.

I lvoe twilight too....dont feel guilty.....they are fun
msbigfinefro
msbigfinefro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down