CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godrej Nupur Henna Powder

+4
R2D2
djackson
CurlyLeA
envizionj
8 posters

Go down

Godrej Nupur Henna Powder Empty Godrej Nupur Henna Powder

Post by envizionj 3rd February 2010, 10:23 pm

Hi All, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wanted to start using henna since I noticed that my Bigen that covers my grays is starting to damage my hair now that I use it every 6 weeks. I used to color my hair every 3 months or longer when I wore wigs. Now that my hair is out, I have to color minimum of every 6 weeks and use my mascara color brush for my new grays while I wait for the 6 week period. Bigen has a high PPD and the chemicals are probably doing major damage.

Has anyone ever used the Godrej Nupur Henna Powder? I was wondering if I could simplify the henna process and use this one product rather than do the 2-step of hennaing first and then using indigo.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/products/Godrej-Nupur-Henna-Powder.html

Product Description

Godrej Nupur Mehendi has a unique blend which offers natural colouring of hair
along with the natural goodness of Amla, Brahmi and Bhringraj to keep
it healthy and beautiful.

Amla helps darken the hair and
promotes hair growth. Brahmi too, promotes hair growth while Bhringraj
makes the hair black and luxurious. Nupur Mehendi contains original
Rajasthani Mehendi which gives good colour on your hands.

80g - 2.9 oz.

Thank you all in advance. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Godrej Nupur Henna Powder Empty Re: Godrej Nupur Henna Powder

Post by CurlyLeA 4th February 2010, 7:05 pm

I've used this one many times. I do like it. Are you trying to get your hair black? I still get some red when i use it... i however use lime juice or vinegar in my mix and leave it on for 6-8 hours (if not longer)

If you don't mind having red highlights, you should give it a try! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 4th February 2010, 7:47 pm

CurlyLeA wrote:I've used this one many times. I do like it. Are you trying to get your hair black? I still get some red when i use it... i however use lime juice or vinegar in my mix and leave it on for 6-8 hours (if not longer)

If you don't mind having red highlights, you should give it a try! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I want to color my gray roots black to match the rest of my hair. I guess I will have to do the 2 step to achieve that look. I don't want fire roots. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyLeA 6th February 2010, 12:45 pm

Yes, i think indigo would be the way to go. I know a friend of mine does it for her mom and her hair looks fabulous. It's worth it. Chemical dyes are a waist.

Keep me posted! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 6th February 2010, 12:55 pm

CurlyLeA, I definitely will give you an update. I placed my order with Sharika at http://butters-n-bars.com on yesterday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll probably use a sour orange/orange juice instead of lemon juice since it tends to make my skin itchy. Also, apple cider vinegar gives me a headache.
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by djackson 8th August 2010, 10:01 am

Hello envizion,

What was your experience with godrej nupur? I just purchased a bag and I think I want to put in extra brahmin or alma. What do you think. What does the lemon or orange do?

djackson

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 8th August 2010, 9:39 pm

@djackson,

I've used it. I liked the conditioning benefits, it's very nice in that department. However, if you are using it to try and cover greys I didn't find the stain to be as good as 100% henna, it faded after a while. If your hair is black or dark then this will not be a problem. Goodrej nupur is a blend of henna with other herbs, from memory shikakai, amla, aloe vera and others. You might like to do a search on LCHF as well as there has been past discussion about Nupur on there, a lot of which was favourable.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by jsparkles 9th September 2010, 10:04 pm

I have a question girls. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to mix the indigo in the nupur henna, if you want to have jet black hair color . What do you think?

jsparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 15th September 2010, 11:59 pm

So what I'm gathering is that his henna mix works well if you don't want to have the the red but more conditioning, especially if you don't use a acid like lemon juice as CurlyLea did. Correct?
I reviewed the link that you sent, and the reviews sound good in regards to achieving or maintainig dark hair. I may even try it. I've been on this black tea thing for a bit, curious to try it first with water maybe then with black tea, as it's been said to help make your henna darker.

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 16th September 2010, 12:10 am

This is one of the ingredients Bhringraj, this is known for darkening the hair.
The link was informative.
http://www.herbal-hair-shampoo.com/bhringaraj-ecliptaalba-falsedaisy.php

HTH

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 30th October 2010, 4:29 pm

Hmmm I just bought Nupur today along with some Amla....they were $1.99 each so I figured why not try it! The Henna I bought was $7 for 500 grams....it has a date stamp of 8-09....Im wondering if its still good to use? Anybody have any idea?
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by CA*Nappy 31st October 2010, 9:50 pm

EMarie wrote:Hmmm I just bought Nupur today along with some Amla....they were $1.99 each so I figured why not try it! The Henna I bought was $7 for 500 grams....it has a date stamp of 8-09....Im wondering if its still good to use? Anybody have any idea?

Yes, the date stamp refers to the crop its from. So its still safe to use.

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down