CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis)

4 posters

Go down

Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis) Empty Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis)

Post by angeljoy 3rd February 2010, 10:16 pm

Greetings,

I'm almost three weeks fresh off my big chop and in need of some support and
guidance. I'd love to have a big sis give me some sisterly advice and
support on this journey or a twin sis to share in the journey
along with me - someone who is newly natural like me and willing to share new knowledge as you discover it.

I'm looking forward to having some new fab and natural cyber friends. Thanks, y'all.
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis) Empty Re: Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis)

Post by MzTori728 4th February 2010, 2:10 am

Hi Angeljoy! I'll be your twin sis! I BC'd on December 8, 2009, so I am newly natural as well. This has been a truly trying time for me and I would love to share this journey with you. I'm sure we can offer advice to each other. What made you go natural?
MzTori728
MzTori728

Back to top Go down

Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis) Empty Re: Seeking a Natural Big Sis (or Twin Sis)

Post by NaturallyJustMe 4th February 2010, 2:37 pm

I can't be your twin, but I can definitely be your big sis...

Here is my contact information:

email:
keasley173@gmail.com

http://naturallyjustme.onsugar.com
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 4th February 2010, 3:28 pm

Yeah, a twin sis and a big sis! I need all the guidance (big sis) and commiseration / inspiration I can get (big and twin sis)! I'll be in touch with you both very soon!!!

@MzTori728 - I decided to go natural b/c I loved the feel of my new growth! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I found myself wondering why I didn't just stop straightening it. My husband (then fiance) finally asked that same question out loud when I was bemoaning the fact that I needed a touch up, so I never got one. What about you?
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MzTori728 5th February 2010, 2:27 pm

Welcome angeljoy! So far, NatuarallyJustMe has been a great Big Sis! I'm already using her tips Smile

But I decided to go natural because I just got tired of the whole perm routine. And I was bad, I kept a hooded dryer in my car and wrap papers in my purse in case I had to do my hair! It was terrible, and one day I looked at my hair and it looked like a damn mess and that's when I decided it was time to let it go and start over. Now, I'm just struggling with my new look, but I love my hair texture. I think we are so fortunate to have been gifted with such versatile hair!
MzTori728
MzTori728

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 5th February 2010, 2:44 pm

Glad it's helping. I just sent an email over too (hey, naturallyjustme!).

I agree, I love the versatility and I love the fact that I'm learning so much. Yeah, you had it bad with the dryers and the wrappers - LOL!

Post some photos, I'd love to see how things are working out. I'll do the same.
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 5th February 2010, 3:08 pm

Hey ladies!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Big plans for the weekend? If so how are you wearing your hair?
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 9th February 2010, 11:42 am

Hey ladies! Just checking in on you...hope all is well.
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 9th February 2010, 8:12 pm

Thanks for checking. I had a terrible cold this weekend so I had NO PLANS. I'm rocking a braid out today and it came out okay. My ends are still a bit dry, but I'm working on it.
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 10th February 2010, 11:44 am

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well, I hope that you are better soon. When was the last time that you did a protein treatment or a deep conditioner?
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 10th February 2010, 4:37 pm

I haven't done a thorough DC in a week. I'm definitely overdue. Since I'm snowed in and working from home, maybe I need to take a break and do that now.

Good advice, thanks!
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MzTori728 11th February 2010, 3:39 pm

I didn't do anything this past weekend because we were in the snowstorm, but it's not much I can do with my hair now because its still pretty short, so I can't wait until I gain some more length!!

@angeljoy: I hope you feel better soon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MzTori728
MzTori728

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 18th February 2010, 10:51 pm

Hi, ladies! Actually had some "event hair" this weekend for Valentine's Day - my braid out and new headband are in my avatar photo.

@ Naturallyjustme - I DC'd over the weekend and my ends are much better. Thanks!
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 19th February 2010, 11:18 am

@angeljoy...your hair is too cute! Glad the DC worked, I have actually added a new one to my regimen, Karen's Body Beautiful Lucious Hair Mask...so far so good. We'll see how it goes on another go around though...
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 21st February 2010, 1:31 am

Thank you! I just picked up a Deva Curl travel set so I'll try that one tomorrow.
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 4th March 2010, 3:26 pm

Hello ladies just wanted to check in with you all and see how you are doing?
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th March 2010, 11:15 am

I love the twin sis idea...i would like to be apart
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down