CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SisterBoyd

+29
cyclingchick
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
blondie
poeticlyspkng
GodsNaturalBeauti
curlygirlinastraightworld
MellowOne
LaToya28
NubieNatty
bholmes87
TerraD
LuvBnNatural
Juices-n-Berries
HumanNature
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
Keisha
ChrsLvsBks
TheRYL1
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
NylaCoils
savvybrown
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
SisterBoyd
33 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

SisterBoyd - Page 9 Empty Re: SisterBoyd

Post by SisterBoyd 1st April 2010, 2:12 am

Today, I cowashed with VO5 and used the following:

1. Giovanni and a bit of glycerin on each section
2. Styled with Moisture Maniac
3. Plopped for about 15 minutes

This is once I was dressed...
SisterBoyd - Page 9 P3310110

I couldn't get a good shot to show just how much strinkage I have. But trust me my hair is just under my ear.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 8:41 am

SisterBoyd I am loving your hair!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st April 2010, 9:31 am

^^^^ me too!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 11:00 am

*waving* Hey Sista work that hair!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 1st April 2010, 4:40 pm

Thanks ladies! This weekend is my shampoo and cellophane weekend. Since its Spring I switch back to blonde, but I've gotten so many compliments on the red I just don't know. What do you guys think. My older pictures really don't show the blonde as well as the red.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd April 2010, 12:42 am

SisterBoyd wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hey lady, congrats to your son! I know you were proud.

I tried glycerin and water to refresh my WnGs the last few days. I will have to play around with the mixture. I will keep you posted. Do you use it to refresh your hair? What does it do for you?

Chrs, actually I use glycerin and aloe vera gel or juice for my normal leave-in. I mix about 75% glycerin to 25% aloe. I simply pour it in my hand and apply to each section before I apply whatever product I'm using even it its conditioner for the conditioner only. I've tried it with 50% each but my hair was dry. My hair loves glycerin. I've even tried not using my leave-in but my hair would be parched and I would apply my leave-in and my hair would feel mosturized.

Now I have used this mixture in my spritz bottle, but I mix it with something else like conditioner and oil. Now I have a friend who uses the same leave-in (I don't know her measurements) in a spray bottle. However, she's been having moisture issues. We can't use the same products like we used to - I don't know what has changed...
Thanks. Oh, I am excited to try. My hair loves aloe vera gel/juice.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd April 2010, 2:04 am

SisterBoyd - Page 9 Icon_smile I love your hair
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 3rd April 2010, 12:58 am

Thanks IB!

Chrs I can't wait to see if you like it...

Ok, I'm day 2 or 3 of my last cowash. I rewet my hair a reapplied the glycerin, direct leave-in, and moisture maniac. I think the conditioner and leave-in don't like each other because I have these fine white balls that eventually dissapate. Its not really problems since they go away, but I just don't like it. I'm going to have to do more research about the direct leave-in and see how folks are using it. I might try it alone with my leave-in under it and for twists.

Can you let me know what you guys are using it for? I've heard mixed reviews. It does have protein in it so that probably explains why its drying to some.

Back to my hair...its still a bit wet. Smells and feels great!

I think I'm going to do a blonde cellophane Sunday morning along with a prepoo, shampoo before the cellophane and a DC...then a wash'n'go. With what? That's a good question Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th April 2010, 10:39 am

SisterBoyd - Page 9 8_3_51

Happy Easter SisterBoyd ....

SisterBoyd - Page 9 Sig
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th April 2010, 2:54 am

Thank you love!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th April 2010, 2:56 am

I hope everyone had a safe, relaxing, and happy resurrection day Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th April 2010, 7:58 am

Morning SisterBoyd

What brand of cellophane do you use, and where do you purchase it from? Just curious....so, based on your natural hair color can you say you get good coverage from cellophane?

Sorry for so many questions....TIA

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th April 2010, 9:29 am

Good Morning SisterBoyd,

Just passing through to see if you did the Blonde cellophane.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th April 2010, 10:29 am

Good morning....
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 6th April 2010, 8:51 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:I hope everyone had a safe, relaxing, and happy resurrection day Wink

I use Sebastein and you can find it a beauty supply store. Higher end BSS will carry the full color line. Sally's doesn't carry it. I love Sabastein! It covers my gray well and its actually feels good on my hair. I've used some cheaper brands and they either left my hair feeling filmy or dry.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 6th April 2010, 9:03 pm

Ok I chickened out with the blonde. I went with the Red Gold and now I'm wishing I would have just went back to my Red Red. My hair is dark, but not in your face red like before. I really wanted the blonde, but all I heard was my mother talking about how it would make my gray look yellow. I know mother's can be so mean some times! So we'll see how I feel after a month or two with this - if I like it I'll keep it for the summer. If not I'll be purchasing the Red Red in June and redoing it Wink

Here is what I did:

1. Prepoo'd overnight with raw honey, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, and I spritz'd first with my spritz (distilled water, Moisture Maniac, some oils)
2. Shampoo'd with my 'fixed' HE TT once
3. Cowashed with VO5
4. Applied cellophane and left on for about 1 hour
5. Rinsed and did a mini protein treatment with Aubrey Organics GBP for 15 minutes
6. DC with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
7. Styled with glycerin/aloe leave-in and KCCC

Here is what I had when I was all done...
SisterBoyd - Page 9 P4040110

This was my first time using the AO. I'll have to try it again, but I can't say that I really cared for it. The Honeysuckle Rose didn't have much slip and I didn't feel that much moisture, but it could be a result of the protein before. Now I do have big hair. I pinned my hair into a bun yesterday and when I fluffed it out today when I got dressed its big for me. So that isn't bad. I do have a lot of shine and my curls are defined. However, I am noticing my straighter pieces. I don't know if that's from the protein or just me zoning in on those pieces. I'll probaby do my hair again Thursday and do Conditioner Only with a super moisturizing conditioner like Tresseme.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th April 2010, 12:45 am

I'm so bad in my own thread! I just can't seem to post on time and consistently...sorry guys.

Well, I did cowash my hair this past Wednesday and I'll probably do it again tomorrow. Its big to me. I went back to my faithful Tresseme for a conditioner only method.

My hair feels thick and dense; which is great because I've had problems with thin hair. When I was getting dressed today I noticed that the spot on the top of my head isn't as visible as it used to be SisterBoyd - Page 9 Icon_cheers wooo hooo!!!!

I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm going out so I don't know if I want to keep the big hair or if I want to start fresh. We shall see Wink

Oh and I have not so good news. My homemade, natural deodorant isn't working for me anymore. I got a nasty rash that is giving me a hard time going away. I looked and looked for articles for adverse reactions and couldn't find any. I guess that's good because everyone who did it had great results. I'm not sure if I should have taken a break or if I didn't pay attention. I think its the baking soda my skin doesn't like. I've been using my shea butter mix that I use for my face so it won't get dry and irritated. For a several days I was using a mix of tea trea oil and olive oil or coconut oil, but the tea tree was so strong I couldn't take it anymore. The rash started to go away and I thought I was on the road to nice underarms again, but I had meetings and then Easter came and I had to use something and now I'm almost back to where I started. *sigh*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 10th April 2010, 3:03 am

Be careful with the baking soda...I've used it under my arms and it took my skin clear off...it just hit the floor in hard little flakes. So, that could be the problem. Did you try the neem oil on the rash...it may help clear it up.

R
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 10th April 2010, 3:10 am

Hey ....I got this deodorant from the Vitamin Shoppe (Rosecrans/Aviation):

Desert Essence...Tea Tree Oil Deodorant w/Lavendar oil. It works well for me. As one with skin issues, I find this to be a blessing...and it's a deodorant, instead of an anti-perspirant, so that's a plus.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th April 2010, 3:15 am

You know I think you're right about the baking soda. I've decided not to use it or the baking soda on that area. I have used a mixture of oil with neem oil on it. I'll have to try it again. It may have been one of the things that helped.

I went with making my own because I didn't want to spend $6 for a thing of deodorant. Yes, I'm a cheap PJ! hahahaha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th April 2010, 8:44 am

you guys are going make me try the natural deodorant thing. It sounds good and as long as it keeps the funk away, I may as well try!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th April 2010, 3:41 pm

Sweet, mine worked so good that I didn't realize I was getting the rash. I'm telling you I smelled like cake under my arms. It wasn't overpowering; very subtle. It was wonderful until the rash kicked in. Try dusting baking soda to see if you're allergic to the mixture I posted. I tried Tom's and it was just as bad. I had a rash by the end of the day. However, I've been reading and I'm seeing folks say the unscented version is better for sensitive skin. I'll be staying away from everything for a while until I can get this dark spot cleared up.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th April 2010, 4:04 pm

Happy Monday!
I've decided to use coconut, olive, castor, neem, and vitamin E oils mixed with shea butter and an EO of my choice to work on this rash under my arm. So far I smell fresh and there is no discomfort. I just need to be patient and not change up the stuff hahahaha

In hair news...I've cowashed twice...nope three times since Easter. The first time I used Tresseme for conditioner only and it was wonderful. Actually, I didn't want to do my hair but I knew if waited another day I would have a time detangling. I HAVE to do my hair every 3-4 days. That 4th day is pushing it and the 5th day I'm looking for cuss words I can use.

The next time was yesterday and I used the last of my Carol's Daughter Hair Milk because I was tired of looking at it in my stash. Man o man I hate that stuff! The smell is horrible and its so greasy. I really tried to make it work. This morning my hair was soft, but my hands looked like they do after I apply my mix under my arm...not good at all! So I cowashed with Say Yes to Carrots once. I liked it, but I really can't give an honest opinion because I had just did my hair the day before. Today, I used Organix Coconut Milk.

I didn't know that the Organix Coconut Milk had protein. I really wasn't looking because it says it right on the front of the bottle. Then I thought about it...duh milk! I don't think I'm officially protein sensitive, but I think I get enough with the VO5 and I just did a protein treatment. Hopefully, with the moisture I'm adding it will balance out.

One thing with the Organix is that I get super duper shrinkage. ha ha ha Can you say tight, short afro? ha ha ha

I bought the vanilla and pomogranite a few weeks ago. I'll be trying those soon.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th April 2010, 8:54 pm

Hey SisterBoyd! How you doin? :-)

Q: Where can I get some glycerin? I think I need to add that to my line-up.

How'd the oil mix work on your rash?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th April 2010, 10:08 pm

I am liking my aloe vera gel and glycerin mix. I have more aloe vera gel than glycerin. Thanks for the tip. I use it under my moisturizer, and my hair feels super moisturized.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum