Safe Products for Babies!

Go down

Safe Products for Babies!

Post by RissaRae on 15th January 2010, 11:51 am

All my Mommy's out there, help a sistah out once again! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
What are some of the products that you all are using on your little ones?
Cori Rae is only 9 months old and she has very soft, fine, big curls (still wondering what "Hair Type" that would be). I am currently using Carol's Daughter Princess and The Frog Shamopoo & Conditioner for her curlies and I am using the "Tightly Curly Method" So far so good. But I am curious of other less expensive products that are safe for my baby girls hair. Keep in mind that I do this during her bath time so I want to make sure that they are safe for her body as well. Would love to hear from my fellow curly moms!

Cori's Mommy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RissaRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Safe Products for Babies!

Post by labon10 on 15th January 2010, 1:30 pm

Dr. Bronner's baby formula soap. It can be used on the body and hair. You can find it at a health food store. I've found that Target and Walmart don't carry the baby formula, but you can try in your area. it's cheap and a little goes a long way as it needs to be diluted with water.

labon10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RissaRae on 15th January 2010, 7:27 pm

Thanks labon10! I will be checking that out tonight! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RissaRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 on 15th January 2010, 10:40 pm

I'm looking for the same thing. I'm not great with ingredients since this is all pretty new to me, but why do the ingredients in the Princess and the Frog Shampoo sound so scary? Are these ok??

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate SE, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
bklynmama1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty on 17th January 2010, 3:05 am

I actually still use JOhnson and Johnson but just dilute it with pure aloe vera gel so their hair can at least be moist. I also just shampoo once then apply my whipped shea/oil mix on wash days.

But I am still looking for a more natural, tear free, and inexpensive product.
Intelligentbeauty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina on 17th January 2010, 9:10 pm

I use either Nubian Heritage Black Soap, Nubian Heritage Olive Butter & Green Tea Soap, or Burts Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash. The Baby Bee Shampoo is rated a 4 on the Cosmetics Database so I rarely use it. I try to not run out of the other two soaps to avoid using it.

I received so much of the mainstream baby care products when I had my baby shower but I returned it all. It all rated in the 7-10 category in the cosmetics database and is full of things that I don't even use on myself so I definitely wasn't going to use it on my son with his fragile skin. Smile
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty on 18th January 2010, 1:11 am

I will have to try that Alatina. Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMommaMann on 22nd January 2010, 8:25 pm

Has anyone used the California Baby Conditioner for Sensitive Skin? I just ordered some for my 10 month old whose hair is just starting to cutl but her scalp is very dry.
CurlyMommaMann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joy8269 on 23rd January 2010, 2:28 am

My baby girl is 9 months also and I've been using the same things I use for my head. Sulfate free shampoo (Hair Rules) and Suave conditioner. I also do her braids and twists with a shea butter, olive oil, and aloe vera mix. I try to only use products that are natural so if they are completely natural, I use them on her. And plenty of water with jojoba or olive oil for a daily moisture spritz.
joy8269

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RissaRae on 25th January 2010, 1:29 am

bklynmama1 wrote:I'm looking for the same thing. I'm not great with ingredients since this is all pretty new to me, but why do the ingredients in the Princess and the Frog Shampoo sound so scary? Are these ok??

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate SE, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

If you are interested in the meaning of any ingredients I always go to www.tightlycurly.com she has an ingredients dictionary on her site.
RissaRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RissaRae on 25th January 2010, 1:32 am

joy8269 wrote:My baby girl is 9 months also and I've been using the same things I use for my head. Sulfate free shampoo (Hair Rules) and Suave conditioner. I also do her braids and twists with a shea butter, olive oil, and aloe vera mix. I try to only use products that are natural so if they are completely natural, I use them on her. And plenty of water with jojoba or olive oil for a daily moisture spritz.
Thanks for the information. I will be trying some new products on my hair in the near future so I will keep your advice in mind when making my purchases for myself as well as for Cori Rae.
RissaRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined on 27th January 2010, 11:35 am

I use Aubrey Organics on my daughter's hair and essential oils with Sweet Almond Oil for sealant. Basically, the same products that I use for my own hair, I use for her hair as well.
naturallydestined

View user profile http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by tashacu02 on 21st January 2011, 11:52 pm

RissaRae wrote:All my Mommy's out there, help a sistah out once again! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
What are some of the products that you all are using on your little ones?
Cori Rae is only 9 months old and she has very soft, fine, big curls (still wondering what "Hair Type" that would be). I am currently using Carol's Daughter Princess and The Frog Shamopoo & Conditioner for her curlies and I am using the "Tightly Curly Method" So far so good. But I am curious of other less expensive products that are safe for my baby girls hair. Keep in mind that I do this during her bath time so I want to make sure that they are safe for her body as well. Would love to hear from my fellow curly moms!

Cori's Mommy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I see that you are in Greenville, SC...so am I!! I'm having issues with my 15 month old daughter's hair as well. Her hair is very soft from the products I wash and condition with but it still looks very dry and has very little shine. I was using the princess and the frog from Carol's daughter as well, but it did not work well for her hair and made it feel hard (I still have plenty left if you would like to have it Smile. But one of my girlfriends told me about a conditioning shampoo that I know use that helps a lot (I get it from a local beauty supply store and it's only $4) and for her cowash I just started mixing some Aussie moist conditioner with EVOO. I also wash her hair over the sink because the so loves bath time and it became too much of tasks to do that and bathe her. Hope this helps, I'm still in the learning phase myself.
tashacu02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down