The Flexirod Adventures!

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 14th March 2011, 4:08 pm

Title change
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 14th March 2011, 4:11 pm

Oh, one more random update:

I've been contemplating more color... however, more in the red family. Copper color highlights may be in the near future!
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by ~JOME~ on 14th March 2011, 10:23 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Oh, one more random update:

I've been contemplating more color... however, more in the red family. Copper color highlights may be in the near future!

You and me are on the same page, Sis! I thought I could wait until the Memorial for some color, but I can't take it no more....I craving some color bad!!!
avatar
~JOME~

Posts : 274
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 15th March 2011, 9:59 am

~JOME~ wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Oh, one more random update:

I've been contemplating more color... however, more in the red family. Copper color highlights may be in the near future!

You and me are on the same page, Sis! I thought I could wait until the Memorial for some color, but I can't take it no more....I craving some color bad!!!

That's actually what I want it in time for... plus I have my 2-day the weekend before. AND I just bought flexirods?!!! If all goes well, can't nobody tell me NOTHIN!!!! lol
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 15th March 2011, 10:00 am

Title change
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 15th March 2011, 12:01 pm

I really like your 6 day hair, and they method you used to preserve the style!! So lets see what's different? Glasses? Are they new? You look too cute!!

Glad you got a JOB, and I hope you get an opportunity to teach. Maybe you can use your degree and flow into a training position within your company!!

Well just wanted to stop by and say hi!!!
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by ~JOME~ on 15th March 2011, 12:09 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
~JOME~ wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Oh, one more random update:

I've been contemplating more color... however, more in the red family. Copper color highlights may be in the near future!

You and me are on the same page, Sis! I thought I could wait until the Memorial for some color, but I can't take it no more....I craving some color bad!!!

That's actually what I want it in time for... plus I have my 2-day the weekend before. AND I just bought flexirods?!!! If all goes well, can't nobody tell me NOTHIN!!!! lol

LOL! We got our special day assembly for ASL the weekend after the Memorial so I can't be half-stepping with my hair around that time!
avatar
~JOME~

Posts : 274
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by Madeaj on 15th March 2011, 3:00 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
On the Samy products: This line is called Escencia (sp?), and is cheap and works wonders for my hair! I bought the styling creme on a whim at a local drugstore that was going out of sale. Loved it so much, I ordered more of his line. For (ready for this) $25, I received a shampoo, conditioner, 2 styling cremes, a pomade, and a deep conditioner. Including shipping!!!!! Timing couldn't be more perfect, since I'm actually going to attempt a flexirod set this weekend (I had to buy $60 worth of flexirods, so I'd better, right?)


Beautiful results! I tried the SAMY line before, the orange curls creme I think. I really liked the results but could not get pass the smell. It smelt like moldy oranges to me. Crying or Very sad .
However, my PJ Monkey started screaming when I heard about the Esencia line. I had to check out the website. OMGoodness! They have a 3 products for 6.99 going on. I think I am going to have to cave in and get some. Help me somebody! Smile

Even though I am supposed to be making my own stuff, I think I have to try these products. CurlieCutes, How is the scent?

That is my main reason for not liking the other SAMY curls creme. I am really sensitive to strong scents. I once turned the house upside down hunting down a strong moldy smell. I had everybody cleaning, dusting and vacuuming trying find that smell. lol! It turned out to be a pencil eraser sized speck of mold on ONE lemon in the fruit dish. Once the lemon was out of the house, the mold smell was gone. The house was spotless though lol!
avatar
Madeaj

Posts : 372
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Raleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 15th March 2011, 5:53 pm

Madeaj wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
On the Samy products: This line is called Escencia (sp?), and is cheap and works wonders for my hair! I bought the styling creme on a whim at a local drugstore that was going out of sale. Loved it so much, I ordered more of his line. For (ready for this) $25, I received a shampoo, conditioner, 2 styling cremes, a pomade, and a deep conditioner. Including shipping!!!!! Timing couldn't be more perfect, since I'm actually going to attempt a flexirod set this weekend (I had to buy $60 worth of flexirods, so I'd better, right?)


Beautiful results! I tried the SAMY line before, the orange curls creme I think. I really liked the results but could not get pass the smell. It smelt like moldy oranges to me. Crying or Very sad .
However, my PJ Monkey started screaming when I heard about the Esencia line. I had to check out the website. OMGoodness! They have a 3 products for 6.99 going on. I think I am going to have to cave in and get some. Help me somebody! Smile

Even though I am supposed to be making my own stuff, I think I have to try these products. CurlieCutes, How is the scent?

That is my main reason for not liking the other SAMY curls creme. I am really sensitive to strong scents. I once turned the house upside down hunting down a strong moldy smell. I had everybody cleaning, dusting and vacuuming trying find that smell. lol! It turned out to be a pencil eraser sized speck of mold on ONE lemon in the fruit dish. Once the lemon was out of the house, the mold smell was gone. The house was spotless though lol!

YAY!!!! They're still running the same promo I got!!!! This line is scented, but it's rather light compared to his other products. The styling creme has a vanilla scent to it, but it's not overpowering at all. By the time my hair is halfway dry, most of the scent has pretty much faded...
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by Intelligentbeauty on 17th March 2011, 3:51 am

love the hair, as usual.
Cute specs
can't wait to see flexrod results bounce
avatar
Intelligentbeauty

Posts : 3482
Join date : 2009-11-01
Location : New Jersey/NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by Jo Somebody on 17th March 2011, 8:24 pm

Love the glasses in your latest pic. I think I'll have to have an adventurous colour on my next pair. Red maybe.
Hair is gorgeous!
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 21st March 2011, 10:59 am

So....

Saturday afternoon/evening I decided to try a flexirod set. I shampooed my hair thoroughly (hey, there was two weeks of dirt, shea butter, QB, sweat, and who knows what else) and deep conditioned with Nexxus Keraphix.... the verdict's still out on the Nexxus. I really liked how it make my hair feel (and smell), but I'm still wondering if it was worth the $17.99 paid for it... but I digress.

A WORD TO THE WISE FOR ANYONE WANTING TO TRY FLEXIRODS WHO HASN'T ALREADY: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo husband, dogs, cell phone, whatever. Because you will get frustrated and lash out (I probably should have done this with some wine). Having not worked with them all over my entire head before, four flexirods in, I was ready to chuck the deuces to this idea and twist or braid. But I stuck with it, and an hour and a half later the rolling was done.....


FYI: I used Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll (AWESOME stuff for sets) and my QB Burdock root butter cream on my ends...

Um, yes, it took 52 rods, and I could NOT fit under my soft bonnet attachement. A drive to my mom's house to get a hooded dryer would reveal that I really couldn't fit under that either. However, by 10:45 I was done (with the exception of two curls that weren't really dry, but I was too tired and hungry to care) and had a sleek, soft set... that I totally forgot to take pics of day one. However, I will say that I got TONS of compliments and Corinne Bailey Rae references =)



Preservation is quite challenging. It's only day 2/3, and it was quite frizzy, so it's pinned in a mohawk-esque style to hide some of the frizz. A pic is above, but I'll try to take a better one today. But knowing I'm going to the gym tonight, I'm afraid this style will be totally shot by the end of tonight. I'm most likely going to twist in big sections and re-rod it to hopefully make it last.

Verdict: Adorable style, but most likely it will only be a special occasion style for me. Or better yet, an awesome segway into flat ironing. I found once I got my technique down, the "good" curls had fairly straight roots.... so, maybe next flat iron, there will be no blowdrying for me!


Last edited by CurlieCutes1121 on 21st March 2011, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 21st March 2011, 11:14 am

Verdict part deux: My mother (who is finally trasitioning now--yay) wants me to do her set next weekend, since she (and stepdad) LOVED how mine came out! Stepdad wasn't sold on mom going natural, but I think the more he sees the many things I can do with my hair, he warms up to the idea more!
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by sweetdrk1 on 21st March 2011, 12:15 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Verdict part deux: My mother (who is finally trasitioning now--yay) wants me to do her set next weekend, since she (and stepdad) LOVED how mine came out! Stepdad wasn't sold on mom going natural, but I think the more he sees the many things I can do with my hair, he warms up to the idea more!
this is what it's all about! I love it!
avatar
sweetdrk1

Posts : 8126
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 52
Location : Cliffton, NJ

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by Madeaj on 21st March 2011, 12:27 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Verdict part deux: My mother (who is finally trasitioning now--yay) wants me to do her set next weekend, since she (and stepdad) LOVED how mine came out! Stepdad wasn't sold on mom going natural, but I think the more he sees the many things I can do with my hair, he warms up to the idea more!

My father wasn't too sure until he saw the length of my hair. My father grew up in an environment where women did not cut their hair. Or at least didn't let the men know they cut it, anyway. He is warming to the idea of natural hair. The biggest question I get asked is "But how you going to style it?" That is what worries a lot of women who think about going natural. They think they have to cut their hair short and wear an afro, locs or braids. My sister and I are changing a few minds. She wears her hair curly, straight, puffy, and so many ways. I don't straighten mine but people are amazed at the different styles I wear.

The shringage makes some think I have a few false buns hidden somewhere. lol I wore a wash and go on saturday and the wet hair started out below shoulder length and by the time I got to the restaurant it was at ear length. lol!
avatar
Madeaj

Posts : 372
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Raleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by ~JOME~ on 21st March 2011, 12:46 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:

Verdict: Adorable style, but most likely it will only be a special occasion style for me. Or better yet, an awesome segway into flat ironing. I found once I got my technique down, the "good" curls had fairly straight roots.... so, maybe next flat iron, there will be no blowdrying for me!

So will there be a sequel to this hairstyle for the Memorial, maybe? Very Happy
avatar
~JOME~

Posts : 274
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 21st March 2011, 3:00 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Verdict part deux: My mother (who is finally trasitioning now--yay) wants me to do her set next weekend, since she (and stepdad) LOVED how mine came out! Stepdad wasn't sold on mom going natural, but I think the more he sees the many things I can do with my hair, he warms up to the idea more!
this is what it's all about! I love it!

Me too sweet!!!! I love opening eyes, one twistout, braidout, or rod set at a time =)

Madeaj wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Verdict part deux: My mother (who is finally trasitioning now--yay) wants me to do her set next weekend, since she (and stepdad) LOVED how mine came out! Stepdad wasn't sold on mom going natural, but I think the more he sees the many things I can do with my hair, he warms up to the idea more!

My father wasn't too sure until he saw the length of my hair. My father grew up in an environment where women did not cut their hair. Or at least didn't let the men know they cut it, anyway. He is warming to the idea of natural hair. The biggest question I get asked is "But how you going to style it?" That is what worries a lot of women who think about going natural. They think they have to cut their hair short and wear an afro, locs or braids. My sister and I are changing a few minds. She wears her hair curly, straight, puffy, and so many ways. I don't straighten mine but people are amazed at the different styles I wear.

The shringage makes some think I have a few false buns hidden somewhere. lol I wore a wash and go on saturday and the wet hair started out below shoulder length and by the time I got to the restaurant it was at ear length. lol!

ITA: One of the reasons I could never go the chemical route--the possibilities are endless!

~JOME~ wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:

Verdict: Adorable style, but most likely it will only be a special occasion style for me. Or better yet, an awesome segway into flat ironing. I found once I got my technique down, the "good" curls had fairly straight roots.... so, maybe next flat iron, there will be no blowdrying for me!

So will there be a sequel to this hairstyle for the Memorial, maybe? Very Happy

LOL sis, most likely. I'll probably squeeze a few more sets in to get the hang of it and perfect it, but with April being so busy for my family (your's too I'm sure), it's still up in the air... otherwise a BKO might work too!
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 on 21st March 2011, 3:47 pm



better pic...
avatar
MsJay1121

Posts : 557
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by ~JOME~ on 21st March 2011, 11:49 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:

LOL sis, most likely. I'll probably squeeze a few more sets in to get the hang of it and perfect it, but with April being so busy for my family (your's too I'm sure), it's still up in the air... otherwise a BKO might work too!

Yeah, everyone's going to be busy in April especially since now the friends can aux. pioneer for 30 hrs or 50 hrs during the month. There are so many of them signing up now dance! I know how you feel about the hair issue...I'm thinking of straightening and coloring my hair for the occasion but I feel kinda iffy about straightening it. Oh well...
avatar
~JOME~

Posts : 274
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by Intelligentbeauty on 26th March 2011, 3:10 am

it came out nice Smile
avatar
Intelligentbeauty

Posts : 3482
Join date : 2009-11-01
Location : New Jersey/NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 26th March 2011, 8:56 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:it came out nice Smile

I agree!! I love you
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by sweetdrk1 on 26th March 2011, 11:02 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:it came out nice Smile

I agree!! I love you
What they said!
avatar
sweetdrk1

Posts : 8126
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 52
Location : Cliffton, NJ

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum