CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Sister Where Art Thou?

3 posters

Go down

Big Sister Where Art Thou? Empty Big Sister Where Art Thou?

Post by marbar1908 10th January 2010, 1:30 am

WELL. i'm not really new to the site because i've been logging on every day for at least the past few months, however i just really made a profile etc. , so i guess you could say i'm new. Very Happy

i've had a relaxer since i was FIVE years old. yup 5. i'm 21 now and i am in my 6th month of transitioning. i had BSL hair (i hope that's right) all through high school and up until the summer before my junior year when i cut my hair at maybe the base of my neck and then i chopped it off in a Rihannaesq hairstyle. i got my last relaxer July of 2009 (i forget the date) and then i got a sew in and kept sew ins in until November then i got senegalese twists put in (which i still have in now i plan on taking them out in February or so). the last time i saw my hair it was in a decent bob length. i guess. BUT i plan on being a long term transitioner. i really didn't have breakage with a relaxer, i've always kept pretty good care of my hair; but i wanted to go natural out of curiosity and because i'd been TIRED of just depending on a relaxer every 8 weeks or so.

if anyone could, please please be my Big Sister and help me out along this journey to natural. lol. i'd really appreciate it a lot. when i take these twists out i have a feeling that i'm going to be lost and i definitely don't want to return to the relaxer because i've come so far! i know i'm going to need help about maybe some decent transitioning styles, maybe determining what sort of texture my hair is (because a lot of these things confuse me) my mom said it was a mixture of curls and kinks, but i have no clue, products, the whole she-bang. so please please I love you

thanks a lot.
MARLENA
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Big Sister Where Art Thou? Empty Re: Big Sister Where Art Thou?

Post by marbar1908 10th January 2010, 1:55 am

Oh maybe I should specify what I'm looking for.

Well of course the obvious. Someone who has been natural for a while, someone who is a tad bit patient. Also, i'd appreciate someone who was a Long Term Transitioner that's important. And someone who can aid in: transitioning styles, texture determination (although that's not thaat big to me), um how to obtain length like what sort of special deep conditioning remedies or something like that. But basically, if anyone is willing to be of assistance, i'm grateful! Very Happy
marbar1908
marbar1908

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th January 2010, 2:14 am

Hello Marbar,
I am a 10 month transitioner. I plan to transition for 2 more months making it exactly 1 yr from my last perm, then BC. I found my transition experience to be every insightful and fun. I am sure I will be able to help you out. I have documented my journey at the link below. I believe I started it on line when I was 7 months in transition. So take a look and you can post any questions you may have. I have transitioned using no heat and no salon visits. All my styles were achieved by my own hands. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 19th January 2010, 2:38 am

Ooooh! Thank you so much! I will definitely be utilizing some of these styles when I take my twists out. I have an aerobic conditioning class two days a week this semester and I don't want to resort to heat, so these styles are really going to help! I appreciate it!
marbar1908
marbar1908

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th January 2010, 2:48 pm

Your welcome Marbar. I am starting a similar class this week but mine is at the gym...lol. I can't wait! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Keep me posted.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovly 11th March 2010, 12:17 pm

I am a new to the community, and I am trying to use two strand twist to give my hair a rest. My hair is so short that the twist don't look good. I was thinking about adding Kinky Twist hair for more volume, but I am not sure if adding hair will damage my natural hair. What do you think?

Dovly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down