CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What natural products do you use in the shower?

+10
tiashaunteé
Lioness_Mane
rebelrocks
nada101
crustaceans
AfrikanLatina
rugbyfifi
dajewel
CurlySpeechTherapist
NaturalNixon
14 posters

Go down

What natural products do you use in the shower? Empty What natural products do you use in the shower?

Post by NaturalNixon 2nd November 2009, 3:50 pm

I am looking for some natural products to use in the shower. What natural soap or body wash do you perfer?
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

What natural products do you use in the shower? Empty Re: What natural products do you use in the shower?

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 2nd November 2009, 4:39 pm

I use all natural soap bars from www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com or Aubrey Organics. I also love KBB's shower gel -- smells so yummy. Razz KBB also has an in-shower sugar/oil exfoliant that you rub on and rinse off to remove the sugar (no need for further moisturizer afterwards). And there are a ton of natural oils out there that can be applied right after a shower to seal in that moisture. Fun shopping!!
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

What natural products do you use in the shower? Empty Re: What natural products do you use in the shower?

Post by dajewel 2nd November 2009, 8:33 pm

i am using organic soaps that are sold at the cash register at Whole Foods. I love them!!! Also, I use dead sea salt soap. The company is based here in orlando, and they have an etsy store. I will post shortly. i seal in the moisture usually with coconut oil.

curlyspeech, i will have to check out chagrinvalley!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 2nd November 2009, 11:27 pm

dajewel wrote:i am using organic soaps that are sold at the cash register at Whole Foods. I love them!!! Also, I use dead sea salt soap. The company is based here in orlando, and they have an etsy store. I will post shortly. i seal in the moisture usually with coconut oil.

I learned about Chagrin Valley from www.youtube.com/richeau. She did a review (she does the world's best reviews!!) and I went to the site and went crazy. I've almost gone through the soaps, but I have a ton of shampoo bars, lip balms, and lotion smaller bars. My best friend has some of the large butter bars and she loves them. The owner makes soaps and shampoos from ingredients like filtered rain water!! I love it flower
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfifi 3rd November 2009, 2:40 pm

Listen to CurlySpeechTherapist78 Smile Chargrin Valley soaps and products are great, for men and women!
rugbyfifi
rugbyfifi

http://www.rachelandjanelle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 3rd November 2009, 10:59 pm

You're gonna get mad hits about your hair!! Love it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 7th November 2009, 6:38 pm

I use Black Soap by Nubian Heritage , Dr. Bronners and some homemade bar soap that I got from my midwife as a gift after I had my son. They all work fabulously...If I'm not being lazy I seal in the moisture from the shower with coconut oil or almond oil, whichever is closest.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by crustaceans 9th November 2009, 1:57 pm

This castile soap with olive oil and black soap my mum bought me. That and shea butter has kept my skin glowing (still a few breakouts here and there, though).

Last edited by crustaceans on 23rd November 2009, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
crustaceans
crustaceans

http://crustaceans.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nada101 11th November 2009, 4:50 am

I use Jason's natural body wash

nada101

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 11th November 2009, 12:10 pm

I wash my face with Dr.Bronners castille soap and moisturize with coconut oil. My face loves it!!!

@curlyspeech...i'm thinking about raiding your house and getting all of your products! All of the things you mention seem so wonderful! I must try them all!
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioness_Mane 11th November 2009, 3:54 pm

I use Kirk's Castile Soap it awsome and can be used for your hair and body. It's sold at Publix, Cracker Barrel, and I believe Whole Foods. I also LOVE anything by Dr. Bronner's (Lavender & Peppermint) my faves!!!
Lioness_Mane
Lioness_Mane

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th November 2009, 4:09 pm

I love black soap and I recently found a liquid black soap at a local african store. I like that I can use the same soap on my face and body without any issues
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by msqueenie 11th November 2009, 4:30 pm

I think the last time I used black soap, it made my skin really dry and itchy. For my face and body, I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree pure castile soap! I absolutely love it!
msqueenie
msqueenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 12th November 2009, 6:20 am

I use shikai shower gel on my body. They leave my skin smooth and moisturized and come in lots of really nice scents (the yuzu is my favorite). For my face, I oil cleanse with castor and evoo, then apply aloe vera gel with a little bit of my oil to moisturize.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 12th November 2009, 12:09 pm

oh, and i bathe with dr.bronners. love them all Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 12th November 2009, 12:11 pm

CurlySpeechTherapist wrote:
dajewel wrote:i am using organic soaps that are sold at the cash register at Whole Foods. I love them!!! Also, I use dead sea salt soap. The company is based here in orlando, and they have an etsy store. I will post shortly. i seal in the moisture usually with coconut oil.

I learned about Chagrin Valley from www.youtube.com/richeau. She did a review (she does the world's best reviews!!) and I went to the site and went crazy. I've almost gone through the soaps, but I have a ton of shampoo bars, lip balms, and lotion smaller bars. My best friend has some of the large butter bars and she loves them. The owner makes soaps and shampoos from ingredients like filtered rain water!! I love it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what are some of your favorites? I am going to buy some Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 10:03 pm

my chagrin soaps came in today!! i have the carrot and honey, eggnog and spice, grape seed shea and herbal mist!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intrigue 23rd November 2009, 12:42 am

My skin loves glycerin soap. I use clearly natural and pears. I also use Dr. Bronners - mostly peppermint and almond.
Intrigue
Intrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 22nd December 2009, 2:28 am

rugbyfifi wrote:Listen to CurlySpeechTherapist78 Smile Chargrin Valley soaps and products are great, for men and women!

Beautiful hair!!!!!

Yes Chargrin Valley soaps are wonderful and your order always smells heavenly!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 22nd December 2009, 2:34 am

I decided recently that I'm going to start mixing some body washes for the house. The base will be castile soap - I think...and I'll add whatever moisturizing and scenting elements as necessary. Until then, I'm fixing all of my sulfate-laden body washes in my bathroom. Haven't done a lot of research, but I'm using the same fixing ingredients that I use to fix sulfate shampoos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8ecxuKOpI).
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down