CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mommy Talk

+15
mrsrenaissance
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
naturallyu
iammybeloveds
oooop2
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
Tamren
jamaicacurl
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
NikG20
LearninToLove
AfrikanLatina
19 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Mommy Talk - Page 7 Empty Re: Mommy Talk

Post by makeupvixen 19th March 2010, 5:40 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I need to figure out what me and the little one can do today. We may take a stroll downtown and check out some art stores. Maybe have lunch with daddy on the sidewalk at Mellow Mushroom. I love eating outside when its nice out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We live near the beach so we watch the kites fly. We paint pottery at a store in our area. We visit pet shops when I don't have any money. Sometimes I roller skate in the garage while he chases me, trying to make him tired so he can take a nap, lol. Early mornings we walk around the mall before it opens and I look at clothes I can't buy, take picture of manicans and go home to try and recreate the look with stuff I already have.

Some days we just watch funny things on YouTube. The simple things please a 16 month old boy. He's a water baby so playing outside with a bowl of water is the best thing in the world to him, lol. Oh and trying to help me wash the dishes, lol.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 24th March 2010, 11:36 am

Hubby thinks its time for baby to get off the boob lol I'll admit it would be a bit easier to have him drink breastmilk out of his sippy cup or a bottle(he never took to these too well) but I am okay with him still being breastfed and that's what I intend to keep doing. There are a couple of nights each week that he is alone with daddy so he needs to take the sippy cup then but when he's with me I'm cool with breastfeeding because its what he prefers.

Any suggestions on how to get him to take the sippy cup? Funny thing is he'll take the sippy cup with water in it but not breastmilk.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 24th March 2010, 11:41 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:Hubby thinks its time for baby to get off the boob lol I'll admit it would be a bit easier to have him drink breastmilk out of his sippy cup or a bottle(he never took to these too well) but I am okay with him still being breastfed and that's what I intend to keep doing. There are a couple of nights each week that he is alone with daddy so he needs to take the sippy cup then but when he's with me I'm cool with breastfeeding because its what he prefers.

Any suggestions on how to get him to take the sippy cup? Funny thing is he'll take the sippy cup with water in it but not breastmilk.

I was told to not put my milk in s sippy cup, it confuses them. I put my milk is a bottle and juices in his sippie cup. This way my son knows the difference and can pick which one he wants. He says bah for bottle which is my milk and vitamins. He says Duce for juice, nothing too heavy.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 24th March 2010, 11:46 am

I can understand that but he never took to the bottle at all. We tried various bottles & various nipples. He just doesn't care for them. He never used a pacifier either(he sucked it for all of 30 seconds and spit it out). lol I don't know what to do with this little man.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 24th March 2010, 12:14 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I can understand that but he never took to the bottle at all. We tried various bottles & various nipples. He just doesn't care for them. He never used a pacifier either(he sucked it for all of 30 seconds and spit it out). lol I don't know what to do with this little man.

The only other suggestion would be to make the milk seem like juice. When I need my little guy to take his medicine (milk) I mix it with Natural Apple Sauce I get from Target. I put it in his bottle (or sippie).

My son has really bad allergies and can't eat or drink certain stuff, plus he's a fussy high maintence little rock star. So I have to mix stuff to suit his taste buds all the time. Like today he wants ribs, lol, but he only likes this one bbq sauce and no other. To only be 16 months old and so demanding, lol. Then other days he wants a v8 (I water it down) and some times he only wants Vitamin Water. Then he wants Coconut Water but wants me to put some pineapple juice in it, saying Pull Pull for Pineapple.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 24th March 2010, 1:25 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I can understand that but he never took to the bottle at all. We tried various bottles & various nipples. He just doesn't care for them. He never used a pacifier either(he sucked it for all of 30 seconds and spit it out). lol I don't know what to do with this little man.

Hmm...that's a tough one AL. Have you tried putting it in a bottle and squirting a little of the milk onto or in his mouth so he can see that you have the milk that he wants but he has to drink from the bottle to get it?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 2:48 pm

My son is a milk-o-holic!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 24th March 2010, 2:56 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:My son is a milk-o-holic!!

I wish I could say the same. I had to pump 5 months worth. My son is allergic to all milk, even soy, coconut milk and almond milk. He can only have breast milk or Nutramegin. The stuff costs me $45 a can and he drinks 3 cans a week. Hard when I'm a single mom with no financial support other than my small job.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 24th March 2010, 3:26 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:

Hmm...that's a tough one AL. Have you tried putting it in a bottle and squirting a little of the milk onto or in his mouth so he can see that you have the milk that he wants but he has to drink from the bottle to get it?

Yes my dear I have Smile I squeeze the nipple of the bottle a bit and let a few drops come out usually while he's throwing himself backwards trying to get away from it. I said I would breastfeed for at least a year but had anticipated that he would using a sippy cup or bottle around the 6 month mark and just breastfeeding in the evenings. LOL Silly me...what was I thinking. I know he just wants what he's used to and he loves his mommy so I'm not even frustrated. I know we'll get through it. Smile He just drank some water out of his sippy cup although it wasn't as much as he'd usually drink. I'll keep you ladies posted on how this goes.

@ Makeupvixen...Have you tried Rice milk too?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 24th March 2010, 4:45 pm

Africalatina: We sure have tried rice milk, I've tried pretty much everything they sell at Whole Foods for my little guy. He's just allergic to almost everything. Even bananas and cherries too.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7