CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mommy Talk

+15
mrsrenaissance
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
naturallyu
iammybeloveds
oooop2
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
Tamren
jamaicacurl
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
NikG20
LearninToLove
AfrikanLatina
19 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mommy Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Mommy Talk

Post by jamaicacurl 30th January 2010, 5:45 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Thanks JC and Lynnie. I do let him stay on his tummy and fuss a bit but then he just rolls over and starts to smile like, "HAHA mommy!" lol I put a toy that he likes in front of him to see if he'll go for it. He hasn't so far lol

LOL yeah babies do what they want to. He'll do it in time. Just keep encouraging him, which I'm sure you will Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 30th January 2010, 6:06 pm

Oh yea, I am happy to announce that last night my 3 yr old picky eater ate rice, chicken and mixed veggies...on his own! My husband was just trying to get him to taste the chicken and rice (bribed him with a new toy) and he did. Then he proceeded to eat his veggies too! And kept going til all the food was done!!!! We nearly fell out!!!!
Thank you Jesus!!

Last edited by jamaicacurl on 30th January 2010, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 6:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Go JC!!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th January 2010, 6:19 pm

Congratulations JC!!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 30th January 2010, 6:37 pm

Thanks ladies! I was so happy I almost cried!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 7:58 pm

You'll have to let us know how he does tonight!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 30th January 2010, 9:18 pm

He's at my hubby's mom's house til tomorrow and he told me that he's going to eat grandma's veggies so I'll let you know when I get the scoop!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 30th January 2010, 11:33 pm

I have a nursing question.....can anyone give me any tips on weaning my almost 5 month old? She's beginning to cry at nite unless I nurse her...she used to just take the bottle from her dad and let him put her sleep. She's just started eating solids...so I know it's about that time to wean....but I feel guilty:(
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 11:47 pm

Hopefully one of the moms will be able to answer that question 3c. I'm still nursing and my pumpkin just started solids. You don't necessarily have to wean her just because she's started solids do you?

Ok, ladies so I think the fussiness and wanting to be held constantly is because he's teething. He's always tried to put everything in his mouth but even more so lately. We gave him his cold teething ring tonight and it helped. I read that chamomile helps with teething babies so mama will be drinking some tomorrow Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 12:24 am

3c...finally! wrote:I have a nursing question.....can anyone give me any tips on weaning my almost 5 month old? She's beginning to cry at nite unless I nurse her...she used to just take the bottle from her dad and let him put her sleep. She's just started eating solids...so I know it's about that time to wean....but I feel guilty:(

You dont have to wean your daughter because she has started eating solids. If you want to continue to nurse her, then you should. I know this is a rare case but my sister in law nursed my niece until she was 2 years old [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Some babies will OBJECT to the weaning process. My suggestion would be to start out eliminating some of the daytime feedings first before you stop the night time feedings. It took me about a month to completely wean my son. Each week I would replace one nursing session with a bottle until we completly eliminated the breast all together. I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 31st January 2010, 12:47 am

jamaicacurl wrote:
tsa919 wrote:Congrats Learnintolove!
My son Amir is making 2 in April. I am trying to find the right products to use in his hair,and on his body. Lately he is taking off his diaper hollering wet.lol.He is still sayin dada..and not mama.One day he will surprise me I guess. He tries to use the potty. He wakes up saying teeth.To brush his teeth. ALso..EAT EAT when he is hungry. Its exciting. He is getting taller too. Growing out of all his clothes. I am a new mom and sometimes it gets hard being mama,and wife. But I try and do my very best. It is very tiring. At least I can multitask right?lol

Girl that is the truth! It is so tiring being a mom and wife and working and trying to keep everyone happy! It's hard for me to multi-task as much as I try. I keep telling the kids that I can only do one thing at a time and my 3 year old tells me to do two! LOL He's a trip!
Kids are too cute. Btw, my oldest son's middle name is Amir Smile And my youngest will be 2 in April also.

Really? That is really something. Amirs bday is 4/21.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 31st January 2010, 1:25 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
3c...finally! wrote:I have a nursing question.....can anyone give me any tips on weaning my almost 5 month old? She's beginning to cry at nite unless I nurse her...she used to just take the bottle from her dad and let him put her sleep. She's just started eating solids...so I know it's about that time to wean....but I feel guilty:(

You dont have to wean your daughter because she has started eating solids. If you want to continue to nurse her, then you should. I know this is a rare case but my sister in law nursed my niece until she was 2 years old [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Some babies will OBJECT to the weaning process. My suggestion would be to start out eliminating some of the daytime feedings first before you stop the night time feedings. It took me about a month to completely wean my son. Each week I would replace one nursing session with a bottle until we completly eliminated the breast all together. I hope this helps.

I know I dont have to stop...but I'm just thinking since she's getting older and she's beginning to demand I put her to sleep at night....I just don't want things to get worse the older she gets, so I figure I better nip it in the bud before I'm stuck in the house 24/7 because she wont take a bottle. With my other kids I only nursed for 8 weeks so it wasnt hard to wean. I want to wean from the breast and just pump-100%. We just got her sleeping in her bed at night but as soon as she wakes up crying I grab her put her in the bed and nurse so I can go back to sleep [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] kinda feel like it's my fault...idk...and how long will it take for my milk to dry when I actually do stop?
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 1:58 am

It took my milk a while to completely dry up. Once I started eliminating the feeding, my supply started to go down quick...there was no turning back LOL!!

She wants you to put her to sleep because she knows you have the "goods." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If you are ready to fully commit to it, there will be some crying but you just have to be consistent. HTH
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd February 2010, 8:50 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say how cuuuuute all the kids are!!! I love you

@jcurl, that is great!!! cheers
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 22nd February 2010, 11:48 am

Hey ladies? I just wanted to ask the working moms do you love your job?

I enjoy my paycheck (of course) but I think I'd like to do part time so I can be home with my kids. Not a SAHM, but a part timer. They are still in day care, but when they go to Elementary School I'd like to be there when they get off the bus. What about you guys?
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 22nd February 2010, 1:07 pm

I work at job that I am starting to really hate. I have been here two years and the reason I have stayed so long is because my schedule is in sync with my kids. I get off at 3:30 everyday and I don't work weekends and when they are out of school on breaks and holidays I am off also.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 22nd February 2010, 3:56 pm

Mom2KurlyT wrote:Hey ladies? I just wanted to ask the working moms do you love your job?

I enjoy my paycheck (of course) but I think I'd like to do part time so I can be home with my kids. Not a SAHM, but a part timer. They are still in day care, but when they go to Elementary School I'd like to be there when they get off the bus. What about you guys?

I do love my job but I miss my previous work environment. I switched to working in the schools after my first son was born so that I can have a nicer schedule that gives me more time to be home and it really has been working out great. I don't always like it (the environment) necessarily but the schedule has me spoiled so I don't think I will be leaving anytime soon! But I do miss the hospital setting sometimes.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 28th February 2010, 10:25 pm

My pumpkin has TEETH!! He did so well through the teething process. He didn't fuss any more than he normally does. That's not much to begin with unless he doesn't have me in his line of sight lol. I'm so happy and sad at the same time. He's growing up so fast!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd March 2010, 2:40 pm

I think my pumpkin is on the verge of crawling. If he's on his belly he pushes backwards instead of forwards and I've heard that this means he may be ready to start crawling. He fusses when we put him on his belly most of the time but how else will he learn to start crawling?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2010, 3:50 pm

First teeth, now crawling....Your pumpkin is growing up fast on you. After while he will be right on your heels and you wont be able to hide from him anymore. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th March 2010, 11:11 am

I know Lynnie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He's such a big boy. I know he has to grow up at some point but its all happening too fast! lol I'm enjoying it though. I'm just ready for the warm weather to get here so we can get out of the house and enjoy the sun!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 12:02 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I know Lynnie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He's such a big boy. I know he has to grow up at some point but its all happening too fast! lol I'm enjoying it though. I'm just ready for the warm weather to get here so we can get out of the house and enjoy the sun!

The temps are suppose to make it to the mid 60s this weekend so we have planned a trip to the zoo. I am so excited to see if he will recognize the animals.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th March 2010, 3:13 am

oh that's a good idea Lynn. Maybe I will take my boys to the petting zoo tomorrow. Thanks
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th March 2010, 11:42 am

I need to figure out what me and the little one can do today. We may take a stroll downtown and check out some art stores. Maybe have lunch with daddy on the sidewalk at Mellow Mushroom. I love eating outside when its nice out. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 19th March 2010, 5:36 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:My son will be 2yrs old next month (Feb 12th). Nana is ready to start potty training but I am not. I dont think he is ready yet. I dont want to make the mistake my sister in law made. She started early (18 months) with my niece and she is still potty training her. She's 2 and a half now. I must add my niece had a setback when they moved from OK to TN.

The only sign my son is showing that he is ready is poo poo-ing private about 90% of the time. The only thing is when he finishes, he continues to play. He doesnt care that's its on him.

Another thing I should add is he is not talking yet. He is good at communicating in other ways though. When I do start, I will just put him on a potty schedule initially until he understands what's going on.

I am going to get a potty around his birthday though.

Congratulations LearninToLove!!

LOL, too funny, my son is the same way. He finds a private spot and poops then runs back to play like nothing happened, lol.

He doesn't like getting his diaper changed and knows when I say "Stinky Booty" it means to come lay down on the bed and kick mommie in the chest as hard as you can and put your hands in your poop as soon as she loosens the diaper.

My friend just got me a Peter Potty, a kid urinal. Since I work all the time I'm don't know when I can train him but I really don't think he is ready, he just turned 16 months old.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next