CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your money saving tips??

+8
3rdTimeAround
Jonezy
Tamren
tiashaunteƩ
YoungFlyy&Nappy
NaturalNixon
NikG20
jamaicacurl
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are your money saving tips?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your money saving tips??

Post by jamaicacurl 26th January 2010, 5:36 pm

I also will get books from the library but I joined www.bookmooch.com where you list your inventory of books that you don't mind giving away and in turn, you can "mooch" books from other people. It's free...the only cost is what you pay to mail a book to a person who wants to "mooch" it from you. Media mail is cheap and sometimes 1st class mail works out cheaper depending on the weight of the book. After I read the book, I may keep it or I may put it back on my list of books for someone else to mooch. And everytime you send someone a book or add a book to your inventory, you get points towards mooching books for yourself.

I beleive there is a similar site for DVD's but I've never done it.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

What are your money saving tips?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your money saving tips??

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 2:28 am

tiashauntee wrote:@Intelligentbeauty: Do you all have a farmer's market in your area? You can get fruits and veggies from there and the cost is always better than the grocery store and you get better looking fruits & veggies when they come straight from the farmers.

Yes I do buy from the farmers market. However, I noticed that even their prices have gone up. I also like to buy from Whole Foods because I like the organic produce like apples. Children are more susceptible to toxins than adults, so I try to buy my sons fruits and veggies certified organic.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2