CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitness *CHALLENGE*

+19
naturalhonney
WestNDNBeauty
FemmeFox
splitsun
missmoni4x4
Mllebutterfly
jamaicacurl
blessedone
TerraD
D-Lish
tyza21
nmoultry
cinnamoncurlz
CurlySpeechTherapist
ashollan
oooop2
veggiegirl314
dajewel
cutephantasm
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fitness *CHALLENGE* - Page 3 Empty Re: Fitness *CHALLENGE*

Post by cutephantasm 19th January 2010, 2:00 pm

my workout last night was pathetic...lol all I could do was think of how hungry I was! Did not reach my goal HR....Next time I need to make sure to take a small snack before .... heading to the gym now to try and recoup!!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 20th January 2010, 1:25 pm

So I am officially back in the saddle! My GF and I will be working out both on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Small start but a good one! We will most likely be doing some Pilates, some cardio, and some strength training.

Wish me luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Sav
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 20th January 2010, 4:19 pm

good luck!! Smile Sounds like a great workout plan you have there!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd January 2010, 3:09 pm

cutephantasm wrote:good luck!! Smile Sounds like a great workout plan you have there!

It's a beginning. My GF was complaining last night that her cuts have disappeared (she's more fit than I am) so my support system is definitely in place. We're also doing a diet (as in what we eat) overhaul so that should help as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] for getting fit!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Fitness *CHALLENGE* - Page 3 Empty Inspiration

Post by FemmeFox 22nd January 2010, 3:39 pm

Here are some ladies that inspire me. They are performing in the Broadway musical Fela!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th January 2010, 7:09 pm

How was everyone's weekend? Did you get your workout on? I DID NOt, much to my chagrin. I think that I have to be more aggressive with my signif when it comes to fitting the workout into our weekend plans. She works out during the week too so I don't think that it is as much as a priority with her. I am consulting with a personal trainer (that I met here on CN!!!) about squeezing more calorie burn into my everyday.

Hope everyone's doing well and staying motivated.
Savannah [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 8:27 pm

Count me in ladies!!I just went back to the gym yesterday after about 3 months... yeah I know but school took over my life but I'm BACK! I'm in love with cardio and can never get enough! I take spin classes as well as do 6-8 miles per session on the treadmill. My downfalls are I'm a snacker when not on my workout grind and I don't drink water [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love smoothies as meal replacements so they replace at least one meal ocassionaly two when I have them.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 9:42 pm

I recently added strength training to my workouts. I did not feel the burn today after working out yesterday. I will try to add a couple of repetitions to each exercise instead of adding weight. In other words, I will do 17 squats instead of 15, etc.

I also am seriously considering taking spin classes at my gym. I could either go before or after work. I just need to do it.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 27th January 2010, 1:55 pm

I've been lazy. It's a problem I have. I think about exercising way more than I actually do it. Smh.

Today I'm having a nice big salad with oranges, apples, and raisins in it.

The last 2 weeks I've been ignoring water and giving into the temptation of juices and sweet teas....and my face is telling on me! I have 4 bright pimples on my face Sad No bueno .
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th January 2010, 7:42 pm

Took a brisk walk today after I ate lunch abnd felt great. I was looking through pics of me from a few years ago and I look so thin (and uber hot!!!) when I saw them I decided that I can be my own inspiration. They are going up on the mirror this weekend.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 12:14 am

FemmeFox wrote:Took a brisk walk today after I ate lunch abnd felt great. I was looking through pics of me from a few years ago and I look so thin (and uber hot!!!) when I saw them I decided that I can be my own inspiration. They are going up on the mirror this weekend.
That's great! I was hoping I could find some pictures of me at my ideal weight but so far I have not.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 29th January 2010, 12:28 pm

So far so good with my peanut butter smoothies. I'm trying to do two per day and eat one meal they are very filling one holds me for about oh I'll say 4-5hrs, takes those cravings away !! Now if I can only start drinking water.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 12:44 pm

naturalhonney wrote:So far so good with my peanut butter smoothies. I'm trying to do two per day and eat one meal they are very filling one holds me for about oh I'll say 4-5hrs, takes those cravings away !! Now if I can only start drinking water.
Please do share your peanut butter smoothies recipe.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 29th January 2010, 1:14 pm

naturalhonney wrote:So far so good with my peanut butter smoothies. I'm trying to do two per day and eat one meal they are very filling one holds me for about oh I'll say 4-5hrs, takes those cravings away !! Now if I can only start drinking water.

Do you like drinking tea? I have a cup of green & mint tea every morning when I get to work. It helps wake me up, has antioxidants, and reminds me to drink water through out the day. I also have a water bottle with oz on it. That way I know how much water I have actually had and how much more I need to drink to reach my daily goal.

If it's the taste that you don't like, you can always add cucumber, lemon, or orange slices to it. I also read some where that a bit of 100% fruit juice (no sugar added) can also entice non water drinkers into taking more sips. There's also Crystal Light and things like that.

Hope this Helps!
~S
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 29th January 2010, 1:44 pm

Ok here are the ingredients:

1/2 cup of no fat or low fat milk (I vary the amount depending on how much smoothie I want to drink)

1 Tble spoon of reduced fat peanut butter (You can add more if you like)

1 or 2 bannas (This depends on how thick you like it the thicker the more filling it is so be AWARE)

1 scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt

1 scoop of protein powder (When I'm out of it I don't worry about it I make it anyway)

A little ice

Blend until smooth and creamy!

As you can see you can make this to your liking. I usually make an 8oz cup and it makes me full. If I'm working out I'll drink 16oz for breakfast. Let me know how you like it oh and you should really be able to taste the peanut butter if you can't add more.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 29th January 2010, 1:48 pm

@FemmeFox ~I tried everything except adding 100% fruit juice I like that idea will try it now will add only a little for taste! THANKS!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 29th January 2010, 3:51 pm

naturalhonney wrote:@FemmeFox ~I tried everything except adding 100% fruit juice I like that idea will try it now will add only a little for taste! THANKS!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No prob! I know that drinking water can be it's own challenge but once you get your intake up you'll notice the difference immediately. I can always tell when I haven't had enough water by the way that my skin and body react. It's kinda cool actually.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 29th January 2010, 4:47 pm

FemmeFox I tried the water with some whelch's grape juice only natural sugar is in it and it wasn't bad I had a 8oz cup I was actually able to get it down. The only time my body craves water is after a work out then it seems I can't get enough of it. I'll see how this goes.

@ChrsLvsBks~Its 6hrs since I had my smoothie this morning and I'm still not hungry. My daughter drinks it as well told me she isn't hungry only getting something lite to eat to take medicine! I love it!!! When hunger hits will have my second one!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 29th January 2010, 9:03 pm

@naturalhonney Glad the suggestion worked. I'm thinking that I want to modify your smoothie recipe - I'm allergic to peanuts and have generally stayed away from nuts my whole life. Does anyone have any alternatives?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 10:48 pm

@naturalhonney, thanks for posting the recipe! I am going to try it. Peanut butter and bananas are great together.

Wow, not hungry after a few hours, that can be a plus. I have to make sure I eat my recommended calories so I can lose this weight. It is going to come off this year.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 1st February 2010, 8:03 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Wow, not hungry after a few hours, that can be a plus. I have to make sure I eat my recommended calories so I can lose this weight. It is going to come off this year.

I right there with you Chrs! This year I go back to being scorching hot. Right now I'm somewhere simmering. lol
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 3rd February 2010, 10:44 am

Hello Ladies I wanted to introduce myself since I will pokin about and learning some fitness and nutrition info. I saw some numbers on the scale and on the measuring tape that are way out of hand. 2010 I have dedicated to my transformation year. Transitioning to natural...getting braces....learning a foreign language....and yes of course tackling the release of weight from my body! Gotta make it happen I have! Excuses Begone!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 3rd February 2010, 1:45 pm

Welcome ColdDiva! We will be more than happy to support you!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 3rd February 2010, 11:56 pm

Going to the gym in the morning alarm set for 6:30am! Goal 8 miles on the treadmill steady incline overall goal is to loose 10lbs and then another 5 this way its not too overwhelming! The payoff is the steamroom after the workout so can't wait!! Oh will have my peanut butter smoothie for breakfast mmmmmm!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th February 2010, 12:03 am

naturalhonney wrote:Going to the gym in the morning alarm set for 6:30am! Goal 8 miles on the treadmill steady incline overall goal is to loose 10lbs and then another 5 this way its not too overwhelming! The payoff is the steamroom after the workout so can't wait!! Oh will have my peanut butter smoothie for breakfast mmmmmm!
What is the benefit of the steam room after working out? I know it can do wonders for the hair. TIA
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next