CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could be/need a Big Sis

4 posters

Go down

Could be/need a Big Sis Empty Could be/need a Big Sis

Post by Corygentri 28th December 2009, 12:07 am

I am a 3b/c just coming out of the TWA stage and into the unknown!! My hair is very fine and I have alopecia in spots (some that come and go). I have done well with figuring out how to moisturize my hair and enhance curls and handle my TWA, but I am going into uncharted territory with styles now that it is getting longer. I love my hair, just don't always know what to do with it. All the pics I have posted are over at my Butters and Bars thread (sorry - I don;t know how to post the link) I sure could use some help!!

Last edited by Corygentri on 28th December 2009, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add sig)
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Could be/need a Big Sis Empty Re: Could be/need a Big Sis

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 4:31 am

I'm a 2b/3b/3c mix, I'd be happy to help!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 29th December 2009, 1:06 pm

Your avatar always intrigues me -would love to see a full pic. How do you wear your hair regularly now that it is long. I have trouble with twists because my hair is so fine and it won't hold the twists.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 5:45 pm

I always wear a wash and go. With the twists, you may have to use rollers to hold the twists. When my hair was permed, I wore a twist/wet set with rollers. Hair clips or bobby pins can be used to hold the twist until they are dry. You may not be able to wear twists.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 29th December 2009, 5:48 pm

Blondie...I too have those multi type tresses...I posted for a big sis and no one has volunteered [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Could you take anotha newbie under ur wing?
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 6:07 pm

3c...finally! wrote:Blondie...I too have those multi type tresses...I posted for a big sis and no one has volunteered [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Could you take anotha newbie under ur wing?

Of course! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 29th December 2009, 6:17 pm

Thanks!!! Please can u give me the best recipe for weightless moisture & shine?!
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 9:14 pm

It's really varies from person what works for them. You can try as a leave in Giovanni Organics direct leave in. You can also use rinse out conditioners as leave ins (Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp Conditioner is a good one).
For shine you can use a natural oil or Curls Gel-les'c, a gel-like serum that gives a lot of shine.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 29th December 2009, 10:09 pm

Rain or shine I'm going to get some Giovanni Direct Leave In TOMORROW!! I really hope I like it!! I have an issue with heavy products too. My hair is so fine that anything too heavy zaps the life out of it.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 10:38 pm

I really think the Curls Gel-les'c would do nicely for your hair. You wouldn't need much, and a bit of oil after applying it to ensure it dries nice and soft.

Don't get discouraged if the first thing you try doesn't work. Sometimes it is just the WAY you apply it, or the amount. Being natural, more so than relaxed is really a trial and error project.

I was not aware of the online natural hair community, so all my research was done on my own! It's OK though, it was a great learning experience and now I find that I can really help those coming along in hair projects.

For the alopecia, if you haven't already, I would strongly suggest seeing a dermatologist who is experienced in dealing with African American skin and scalp issues.

Here are some recent hair pics!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was this summer, it's grown a bunch since then -

blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 29th December 2009, 11:48 pm

Blondie - u r wearin' that color!! I love the style where u pin it up in the back - really cute and your hair is b-u-t ful! I have a derm that I see regularly - next week in fact. Where do you get Curls-gelsc? Thanks for the input!

3c - love your hair too! I think I have seen your photo on another board/post. I remember your pretty face!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 12:08 am

Thank you!

You can get the Curls Gel-les'c at www.curls.biz. PLEASE get the conditioner as well! It's the most moisturizing one I've found, and moisture is the first step to healthy, defined curls. I love it!

I actually use the entire line. I use several, but it's the main one I use. The cleansing cream is fantastic. Your hair being thin, I think for styling the Quenched Curls Moisturizer and the Curls Milkshake would all you would need for moisturizing. You could then style with the Gel-les'c.

If you do order, please add my referral code - REF-CDY6TQA2. You get points for each order you make and if you refer anyone. Also, you get 3 free samples with each order. List the ones you want in the "notes" section of the order. I think that is where you put the referral code as well, but there might be another space for that during the ordering process.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2009, 9:25 am

Blondie - I think I may order me some of these products as well.

Do they ever run a sale? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 9:53 am

Every now and then, if you sign up for their e-newsletter, you'll be alerted of any sales. Right now they are having a sale on a package deal of their Quenched Curls and Milkshake.

And you also get points for every purchase that you can use for product.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2009, 10:21 am

okay - thanks
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 30th December 2009, 3:47 pm

Thanx Blondie...I will def be IMing u on here with some ?'S [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Corygentri....thanx for the compliment but the pics not of me....it's a singer Keri Hilson [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think thats how I'm gonna do my BC.
I kinda feel like I need to post a pic of myself but I dont have any natural hair pics as of yet! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Embarrassing, it's been 4 months.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 31st December 2009, 12:32 am

No I'm embarrased. Thought she looked familiar but I don't listen to much new music !!! LOL! I do like her hair though!! Hurry up and take some pics. I think your big sis could help you better that way too!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum