CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!!

+4
Kea::curls
LadyV69
truet
nekajack
8 posters

Go down

Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!! Empty Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!!

Post by nekajack 27th December 2009, 8:31 pm

HEY everyone im new to the site and ive been doing alot of researching on how to grow my edges back after heat and perm damage. Im on my journey of going natural my hair has always been long so i figured it wouldnt be that much of a headache by going natural. After a month without a perm i can see alot of new growth but it seems that my edges are a slow process can anyone Help me Please!!!!!!
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!! Empty Re: Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!!

Post by truet 27th December 2009, 8:47 pm

Girl i have the same problem with my front edges its from heat damage and the very front wont grow I dont know what to do good thread
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!! Empty Re: Why is it so hard to grow Edges back!!!

Post by nekajack 27th December 2009, 9:34 pm

thanks ive been using Aphogee (Essential oils for hair) mixed with Olive Oil hopefully this will bring me good results.
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 27th December 2009, 10:46 pm

I hear you. My hairline was practically obliterated due to the perm and certain hairstyles I used to wear (tight ponytails, weaves). I've been fully natural for three months and for the last two months, I've just been putting castor oil on my edges and massaging them every day. I do have some fuzz, so it is working, but my hairline is still nowhere near normal. Because I permed my hair for over twenty years, I was warned by a doctor that in certain spots, the damage to my hair follicles may be so severe that the hair may never grow back, so I'm prepared for my edges to never look full. I think my edges are just extremely delicate. There are certain hair styles I won't do now because they're so delicate-I can forget cornrows, ponytails and buns.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 27th December 2009, 11:37 pm

ive heard alot about castor oil im going try that thx
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 28th December 2009, 2:54 pm

It's said that castor oil does have growth properties. Be warned-it's a very thick oil [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 28th December 2009, 4:51 pm

yes, i also have been using castor oil on my thin edges. since it is so thick, it is suggested that you mix it with other oils to help with the consistency & make it easier to spread around. i mix mine with extra virgin olive oil.

hope this helps!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 28th December 2009, 8:03 pm

Thank u ladys i will be trying this this week
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by pfarley 7th January 2010, 7:05 pm

Good thread! I am struggling with my edges too. My edges have always been shorter than the rest of my hair. The first thing that I noticed when I started transitioning was that there were tons of split ends going almost all the way up to the root. So, I cut them off. It was so liberating! I did this last week and I can tell that they are already filling in. My problem is keeping them moisturized. Compared to the rest of my hair, they are so dry! I spritz them with water and put conditioner and JBCO on them at least 3 times a day. Hopefully they will catch up.
pfarley
pfarley

http://www.allthingscouponing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 7th January 2010, 7:34 pm

ive been taking flexseed oil pills and iron pills and it has been helping me out alot
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 7th January 2010, 7:51 pm

the main thing that helped me grow back my edges was keeping it moisturized, applying NO STRESS (meaning no tight ponys or tight puffs...had to leave the edges fuzzy!) and most importantly my SATIN PILLOWCASE! My edges are uber fragile and I still remoisturize them at least 1x per day.
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 7th January 2010, 7:54 pm

@cutephantasm thanks
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 7th January 2010, 7:57 pm

yw nekajack...they were a pain to grow back, but after I tried that [and megatek] they started growing back in in just a few months...I still dont know why my edges are so fragile!!

btw I dont know if it was the megatek that helped my edges grow in, or just the fact that I was massaging the area (with the megatek)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 7th January 2010, 8:23 pm

i heard alot about megatek im thinking of buying it but dnt knw which one to buy
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2010, 8:41 pm

There another curly on this site name AfrikanLatina. She lost her edges due to post partum shedding. Check out her BnB thread. Her edges are growing in nicely. Click here.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 8:49 pm

You all need to check out AfricanLatina she had the same problem and is making progress . HTH
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 8:49 pm

hahahahahaha@ Lynnie! like minds
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down