CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... Empty Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th December 2009, 11:02 am

Hello everyone,

Background: I've been color treated for over 10 years while relaxed. I started my transition in Oct. 2008. My last relaxer was Oct 31, 2008. For the past 13 months I've been bunning 99% of the time. I have not used heat in the last 1.5 yrs. The only heat my hair comes into contact with is for a DC under a hooded dryer. I haven't cut may hair since April 2008. My hair was originally cut in layers. I was at BSL when I was relaxed. I know I may be in need of a serious trim but I'm scared to visit a salon.

I'm a transitioning color treated blonde. I'm looking for advice and recommendations to help me along the way to achieving a healthy head of natural color treated hair. My plans are to BC in May 2010 - 18 mths. of transitioning.

Blondie - it's time for my color touch up for my roots - what deep conditioner would you recommend for me or concoction thereafter that is super moisturizing.

How do you balance your protein/moisture?

Do you use a recontructor and porosity control?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... Empty Re: Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

Post by blondie 25th December 2009, 11:13 pm

I usually deep condition b4 and after my color touchup. Sometimes I get my touchup at the last minute so I can't deep condition, but I always deep condtion at least for 24 hours after.
I make my own or add things to one of my regular conditioners.

I don't worry about protein/moisture balance. I was told not to use a protein conditioner unless hair was shedding. You could always take some Aubrey's, add some raw honey, vitamin E, jojoba, coconut oil and coconut milk and do an overnight conditioner before and after your color touchup.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... Empty Re: Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th December 2009, 11:33 am

Thanks
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... Empty color touch up

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th December 2009, 3:19 pm

Sunday - I did my color touch up to my roots, washed (giovanni 50/50 shampoo), and doing a 24 hour overnight DC with AOHSR, vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil and honey.

Today will rinse with Yes to Carrots, apply Giovanni direct leave in and put in 4-5 braids, seal with shea butter and airdry.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 28th December 2009, 7:54 pm

Sounds good...but check the Yes to Carrots, I believe there are silicones in it.

Also, as a leave in, I've found that a good deep conditioner or a rinse out conditioner really works wonders.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th December 2009, 10:28 am

Will do. Thanks.

okay here is the ingridient list for Yes to Carrots:
Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Magnesium Chloride, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cetrimonium Chloride, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.
Yes, there is cones in it. Okay will move this to the side as well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th December 2009, 10:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.

Do any of the ingredients on here look bad?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th December 2009, 11:24 pm

Looks good! Actually, I think I'll get me some of that!! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2009, 9:16 am

blondie wrote:Looks good! Actually, I think I'll get me some of that!! Smile

Yes to Cucumbers - okay ... I had this in my hand at Target and put it down, now I can go back and pick it up. Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... Empty cornrows

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2009, 1:10 pm

This is my hair today ...

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 1:16 pm

Beautiful! That color looks very nice with your complexion.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but not until I stumbled on this site this summer did I realize that many curlies wear twist or braid outs. It explained why everyone asked "how" I got my hair like this. I just assumed everybody was wearing a wash and go! And let's not start on the texturizers! My stylist hipped me to that one. I thought everybody strolling in the salon was doing the same thing I was. Color me slow.... Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2009, 1:39 pm

Thank you. Everyone says it compliments my eye color - which hazel-green. I don't think I'm very photogenic - that's why I don't do a full face shot.

I live for the day I can do a wash-n-go like yours. Once I do my BC - I'm hoping I can sport it just like you. It takes effort to do these twists and cornrows and hoping it turns out okay.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 30th December 2009, 2:13 pm

You shouldn't! You have a very pretty face!

I do LOVE the wash and go! One thing I was looking for as a natural was less upkeep and drama....so I love having low-maintenance hair! I can't understand why anyone in this day and age would STILL want to relax their hair.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 7th January 2010, 11:34 am

Okay so I'm thinking my BC may come sooner than May - I'm really tired of the relaxed ends. So I'll never know when the urge might hit me to cut. But I want to be prepared.

Big Sis Blondie and/or other Big Sisters: I need a list of products I need to have on hand. Price doesn't matter (well a little) but I'm willing to pay for quality products. I know most products I'll probably have to order so I need to get started. What I need to know, poo, con, stylers, etc. I really want to profect the wash-n-go.

Once I have those ready and once I do my chop then I'll need to know how to apply each - what goes with what - on top/underneath, etc.

Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 7th January 2010, 11:23 pm

Curlicious Cleansing Cream
Coconut Sublime Conditioner
Curls Gel-les'c
Quenched Curls
Curls Milkshake (2nd day hair)
Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
raw shea butter
coconut oil

I would say that's the main stuff I use for a good wash and go. If you decide to get Curls products, let me know b3 you order.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th January 2010, 10:04 am

Thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 10th January 2010, 8:26 pm

Okay I really need to find a salon or cut these relaxed ends my darn self. I am so not inspired today after rinsing out my DC and co-washing. I feel like I'm loosing length and the relaxed ends are the culprit. I'm having some breakage and/or shedding of the relaxed ends and that makes me feel discouraged. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 11th January 2010, 1:42 am

It sounds like you really need a good trim. Are you close to DC?
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th January 2010, 9:53 am

Yes, do you know of a good salon? I work in DC during the week. I live in Maryland.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 12th January 2010, 3:42 am

There is a Curve salon (Miss Jessie's) in DC. Although I do not recommend their products, they are experinced in and do beautiful cuts on curly hair. They are pricey though.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th January 2010, 10:36 am

Thanks I'll check them out - just looking for a cut. I'll let you know.

Okay I googled the Curve Salon - couldn't find that name in DC.

But if you are talking the Miss Jessie girls - yes they are super expensive. A bit too much just for me to just get a decent cut. Also unless it's listed under another name - I couldn't find it in DC.

I'll have to continue my search for natural stylist who can do a cut on wet hair - I really don't want want to resort to having my hair flat ironed to get cut.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th February 2010, 9:54 am

blondie wrote:Curlicious Cleansing Cream
Coconut Sublime Conditioner
Curls Gel-les'c
Quenched Curls
Curls Milkshake (2nd day hair)
Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
raw shea butter
coconut oil

I would say that's the main stuff I use for a good wash and go. If you decide to get Curls products, let me know b3 you order.

Okay - I have everything on this list, is there anything else you can think of I might need.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 6th February 2010, 4:57 pm

That looks good!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2010, 8:46 pm

Ok - I need to learn the steps on how to use these products since I'm fully natural now. The Curls line and Elasta QP.

Step by step directions.

Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 22nd February 2010, 2:58 am

I love your hair color!!
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next