CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cassia / Clear henna

3 posters

Go down

Cassia / Clear henna Empty Cassia / Clear henna

Post by afrolicious 19th December 2009, 1:03 am

Ok ladies. I'm interested in trying the Cassia. I heard of other naturals using this instead of henna if the don't want the colour, and the loosening of curls that comes with henna. I would like some tips on how to use it effectively. I stuggle with dry ends [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], you know the deal. I'm concidering using castor oil in the mix but I'm wondering if that would diminish the effects. People say honey works, but I'm not 100% sure if honey agrees with my hair with certain mix.

I'm hoping to get all the health benefits that comes with it. Especially for my ends.

Thanks, any advice will be great.

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Cassia / Clear henna Empty Re: Cassia / Clear henna

Post by afrolicious 19th December 2009, 3:13 am

BTW, what products should you avoid? I use Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner, sometimes the Shampoo, is that a problem to use if you have the cassia (or even henna) in the hair?

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by babyshaq 10th February 2010, 2:15 pm

Have you tried Cassia yet?

I am placing my order from www.HennaforHair.com as I type...

It will be my first time experimenting with it. I was thinking of adding coconut oil to the mix...

my blog: hairgrease.wordpress.com

babyshaq

Back to top Go down

Post by babyshaq 10th February 2010, 3:52 pm

Actually, I am going to purchase Cassia Obvata from this vendor: http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5127014.

It's about 10 bucks cheaper than heena4hair.

babyshaq

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 10th February 2010, 9:36 pm

I tried it as a gloss 3 weeks ago. I mixed it in with Elasta QP deep treatment, olive oil, castor oil and a little avocado oil. Not sure if it's wise to use avocado oil as yet. I had just taken out my twist extentions and didn't properly detangle my hair. I did the treatment, and had to deep treat it a again afterwards as it didn't feel moisturized. BUT! Man my hair was strong! The brutalization I put my hair through to get it detangled afterwards! It was a hot mess! But was able to withstand all that combing. I had used a sample from HennaSooq. I'm going to do another one next week using Light Moutain Henna. We'll see how it works. Keep me posted on your experience. Oh btw. It did impart some shine, despite the tangles.

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 14th February 2010, 3:37 pm

Are you going to try yours with tea? I saw on a website suggesting to use horestail tea to mix the product for better effect for strengthe etc.

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by lina40 27th February 2010, 4:01 am

just mix with warm water and it works great.

of for some serious softness --

100g of cassia + 6oz of plain full-fat or Greek yogurt = curLY HEAVEN!!
lina40
lina40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down