CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jane Carter Reviews

+38
shortnsweet
natural83
Emartini04
CarlaAR
butterfly3000
Neems
dyamonds10
naturallytexan
BronzeBeauty
KnottyKinkyMommy
nattyblog
erika
FloridaSunshiny
luvaffairwithbighair
raina
Syrah
DreamMerchant
DvaAuNaturel
Free2Be
FemmeFox
Patycurls
Miki
brownsugar09
ElleX
savvybrown
pandzz
quincie1479
_kiner_
so1913
simara0507
Moni
msqueenie
RoseNaturalBeauty
CurlySpeechTherapist
Intelligentbeauty
Curly Film Chick
*CurlyNikki*
42 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jane Carter Reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Jane Carter Reviews

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th March 2010, 12:41 am

I purchased the Norish & Shine from Whole Foods but haven't used it yet. It smells amazing. What do you all primarily use it for?

I have a TWA and picked it up after reading good things about it on Naturally Curly. I was a little shocked when I got to the register and it rang up for $20+. I hope it's worth it.

Thanks!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 6th March 2010, 11:11 pm

I just bought the Condition and Sculpt and the Natural Hold Locking Spray.

Condition and Sculpt- I am really loving this! It is like a liquid gel. It really smoothes those wild ends when I twirl them around my finger.

Natural Hold Locking Spray-Leaves my twistouts look great. My hair looks wet and it is not crunchy. This works great for retwisting the hair at night.

Both of these products work great!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrah 14th March 2010, 7:12 pm

I'm currently trying desparately to find a non-gel replacement for Fantasia IC (which I used consistently for about 3 years).

Current experiment: Condition & Sculpt followed by Wrap & Roll (applied only around the frame of my face where my hair tends to lose the curl first). The Condition & Sculpt is runny - its got the consistency of a leave-in spray (I had it all OVER the place before I was done).

Currently drying now. I'll let ya'll know the results in a few hours (air drying of course).
Syrah
Syrah

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 14th March 2010, 7:20 pm

I have the nourish and shine. It will last you forever and you can use it on your body too! Its heavy so you might not need alot.I use it as a final touch for shine and to lay down the frizzies.I dont think I will repuchase it because its too heavy but it does smell yummy ,I have had mine for about 2yrs and I still have alot left!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by luvaffairwithbighair 15th March 2010, 6:30 pm

Jane Carter Solution--Wrap and Roll Setting Lotion

Pros: Provides a Light hold, doesn't leave hair flaky
Cons: style doesn't last longer than a few days.

I actually tried the jane carter wrap and roll setting lotion, and I'm not a fan. It may be because I'm still transitioning (5 mths in with two inches of new growth and relaxed ends that're apl) but it didn't provide the hold I needed for my curls. I used it on my flexirod set and my style didn't make it through the week. Normally I can go at least a week to a week and a half with laran styling foam without having to wash.

luvaffairwithbighair

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 26th June 2010, 12:00 pm

I bought the entire product line and here's my take:

Nourish & Shine - LOVES this product. I use a little bit as a moisturizer a few times a week and to seal my ends nightly. I also love that when I travel, I can use as a body moisturizer as well!

Twist & Curl - LOVES this product. I've used on wet and dry hair to twist my hair. I like that it's a light cream. A little bit goes a long way.

Nourishing Scalp Serum - I like this product. Even through I wear my hair out, I get an itchy scalp and this helps to stop the itchiness between washes.

Nourishing Hair Serum - I use a few times a week. I haven't seen any difference in my hair, but will continue to use since I have it.

Revitalizing Leave-in Condish - I like this. I use it daily on my hair and scalp before I use the Nourish & Shine and Nourishing Hair Serum on my hair and the Nourishing Scalp Serum on my scalp.

Condition & Sculpt - I don't like this. It could be because I don't like the liquid and prefer cremes. Nonetheless, not my fave product from JCS.

Wrap & Roll - I do like this when I use my flexirods rods and it dries quickly! It makes curls are soft and they last for a few days.

Nourishing Hair Creme - Too light for my hair. I gave to my boyfriend and it seems to work on his hair really well.

Shampoo & Condish - Not for me. I didn't like the consistency of either of the products.

There you have it! For me, these are the BEST products I've used on my hair. I don't like being a kitchen chemist, so I've been on a mission to find products that come ready to use. I love that fact that with JCS my hair feels moisturized without being greasy, soft and not crunchy and overall in great shape!
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 26th June 2010, 12:26 pm

I tried the Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-in conditioner. And it sucked. It sucked a lot. It did absolutely nothing positive for my hair. It left it a dry, crunchy mess, and I ended up returning the leave-in to Target a day after I had bought it. I hated this leave-in, and wouldn't suggest it to even those with the finest of hair (and I already have fine hair). The leave-in has henna in it, and I don't know why, because it's supposed to be moisturizing, and henna is drying. What? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by erika 26th June 2010, 4:38 pm

I bought the second "nourish and shine" a few months... I use as selant, but i will stop buy because I have same result with homemade my mix of oils and butters...

I'm in love with " nutrient replenishing conditioner"... i use with oil to pre-poo...
erika
erika

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 1st July 2010, 10:14 pm

I haven't tried the rest of the line. But I love the condition and sculpt. Really smoothes the hair, has a nice hold without the hair being hard, and loads of shine! I usually use my leave in then a little lube and then the c & s. I love the way my twist outs come out with this product!

Last edited by nattyblog on 1st July 2010, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hate misspelling words when the computer is correcting me!)
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 2nd July 2010, 5:34 pm

I've only tried the leave in conditioner...its basically glorified water.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by BronzeBeauty 6th July 2010, 11:43 pm

I've used the Nourish and Shine and it is very nice on my hair, especially when wet. It smells lovely (my
husband loves the smell) and I like that it's made of natural
ingredients. However it can leave my hair feeling like it needs
something extra so I use this with virgin coconut oil on top and my
hair is perfect! Great combo, a wonderful staple.

BronzeBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 20th July 2010, 2:08 am

I purchased the Nourish and Shine this past weekend and I must admit I really had to think twice about it because of the price ($18.99 @ The Vitamin Shoppe). However, once I applied this to my hair after washing I knew it was worth every penny. A little goes a long way, my hair is very soft and shiny. I would definitely repuchase.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 21st July 2010, 3:29 pm

I have the wrap and roll... I do not like it at all....I have tried it 3 times now and still hard, dry hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 21st July 2010, 4:50 pm

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:I've only tried the leave in conditioner...its basically glorified water.

I got a sample of this from Whole Food and thought the same thing. So glad I didn't purchase it.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 21st July 2010, 5:12 pm

dyamonds10 wrote:I have the wrap and roll... I do not like it at all....I have tried it 3 times now and still hard, dry hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah, I tried really hard to like the wrap and roll. It makes my hair feel weird after it dries and not in the most moisturizing way
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 23rd July 2010, 2:52 pm

I'm going back to Lottabody setting lotion. Jumped out on a limb and bought the $11 Wrap & Roll from Target and was disappointed. No hold, no shine, over-drying, and needed to add water to avoid the white flakeyness.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 23rd July 2010, 2:58 pm

butterfly3000 wrote:I'm going back to Lottabody setting lotion. Jumped out on a limb and bought the $11 Wrap & Roll from Target and was disappointed. No hold, no shine, over-drying, and needed to add water to avoid the white flakeyness.

What is this lottabody you speak of? And what styles do you use it for?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 24th July 2010, 5:33 pm

Neems wrote:
butterfly3000 wrote:I'm going back to Lottabody setting lotion. Jumped out on a limb and bought the $11 Wrap & Roll from Target and was disappointed. No hold, no shine, over-drying, and needed to add water to avoid the white flakeyness.

What is this lottabody you speak of? And what styles do you use it for?

Girl this is old school. My Granny used it on my rollersets when I was like 12.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Setting-Lotion/LTABDY1,default,pd.html

I think this is the only setting lotion I've ever (successfully) used. You have to mix it with water. I pour a little into a spray bottle and add some water. If you use full strength, your style is hard and crunchy and if you dilute it with the right amount, your style just holds better without being hard. I especially like it on my Bantu Knot Outs but its SETTING LOTION, so it pretty much works on any style. Definitely worth trying.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 13th February 2011, 3:37 am

Not to bring this post from the dead, but has anyone used the Twist & Lock? I tried a little from a tester at Whole Foods and I was shocked at how creamy it was. Because of the name, I expected something much more waxy. I wonder if it would be good for braid/twist-outs...

Thoughts? Very Happy
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 24th February 2011, 11:30 am

JC SLS free shampoo I absolutely LOVE. I usually wash my hair with this once a month and it leaves the hair moisturized (not stripped at all) and super clean.

JC Nourish and Shine is my staple product. It's very expensive but its great for a two strand twist and for flyaways. It's great for anyone like me who has hair that soaks up oil and conditioners really fast because this stuff is super THICK.

JC Scalp Renew feels very good on my scalp, but the few times I've used it I had MAJOR dandruff. This issue is something I RARELY come across but when I use this product it happens every time. I had to give this product a rest and will no longer be using it. Evil or Very Mad
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th February 2011, 7:50 pm

Hey guys...so today I went to The Vitamin Shoppe with intentions of getting another bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave-In because Im planning to do my hair tonight. Anyways, when I got there the Jane Carter products were calling my name! Lol! I'd been meaning to try the line for a while now, so I figured why not go ahead and give it a try! Plus I had a $5.00 off coupon, so I was like what the heck...my pj'ism took over and i went for the purchase and here's what I bought:

-Jane Carter Moisture Nourishing Shampoo
-Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
-Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner

I am going to try all 3 tonight, as I will be doing a shampoo, deep condition, and a twist out with the JC-Leave In as my leave-in conditioner. I hope I like the line because I've been passing it up for awhile and now that I'm about to give it a try, I hope Im not disappointed! Lol! I'll be sure to report back and let you guys know how it worked out for me!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 28th February 2011, 4:04 pm

Oh yeah the revitalizing conditioner I don't like either. That damn spray makes my hair frizzy for some reason.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 28th February 2011, 5:24 pm

I'm back with my update!

I think the Jane Carter products will definitely be a keeper! I loved the Moisture Nourishing Shampoo and the Nutrient Replenishment Conditioner. It just melted onto my hair and immediately I was able to detangle with no problem. So thumbs up to that! When I did my hair, I did a twist n curl, so I used the Leave-In on my twists. When I took my hair down, it felt good, but a little bit too much of a "setting lotion feeling" versus a "fluffy fine, soft feeling". The leave-in seems to be more of like a setting lotion. Although my hair still did good, I like for it to be soft when I take it down. I was watching youtube reviews on this line and saw where some were suggesting to use the Condition & Sculpt with the Leave-In for a better feel. I think I will purchase that and use it together next go round.

But overall, my first experience with Jane Carter products was good! I will continue to use it and experiment with some of the other stylers from the line.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 28th February 2011, 9:57 pm

Thanks for posting the review Natural!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 3rd March 2011, 2:50 pm

my first experience with JC was with the leave-in spray. it did leave my hair soft and smelled really nice. but during my jouney i found out my hair responds better with a creamy leave-in like KCKT.

i've been monitoring this post for awhile Shocked i was so curious about the N&S but couldnt brind myself to pay that much No but the PJ came out and let me tell youuuuuuuu.......i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! dance
worth the extra buck if you ask me... I love you
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next