CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna?

2 posters

Go down

Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna? Empty Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna?

Post by Muysana 13th December 2009, 9:26 pm

Hello everyone!

I plan to henna my hair for condtioning and to cover the gray. After I shampoo, it really shrinks. Do I need to blow it out before applying the henna or just braid it down and unravel after it dries and apply the henna? I am new to caring for my natural hair so I haven't got the conditioning down yet. I plan to get a steamer to soften and condish my hair but I don't have it yet. Thanks Ladies!!!

Muysana

Muysana

Back to top Go down

Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna? Empty Re: Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2009, 10:36 pm

No need to blow dry, you can air dry if you like. I would suggest sectioning hair before applying. Put it on thick and smush it into the hair to ensure each hair is getting henna goodness.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna? Empty Re: Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna?

Post by Muysana 13th December 2009, 11:35 pm

Thanks ChrsLvsBks! Since I am also going to apply the indigo the instructions say let the risnsed henna'd hair dry before applying the indigo. Did you braid your freshly henna'd hair to dry it before doing the indigo? I am afraid of tangles with my 4a hair w/o moisturizer and I want to get thorough coverage. Thanks!!!

Muysana

Back to top Go down

Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna? Empty Blow dry thick, coily, shrunken hair before Henna?

Post by Muysana 14th December 2009, 12:15 am

INCIDENTALLY,

I SAW YOUR FOTKI ALBUMS AND YOUR HAIR BEAUTIFUL!!!

Muysana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down