CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Conditioning on Dry Hair

+9
Ambitious_Tiff
Jo Somebody
JaliseH
creolebeauty1
Pretty_Vee
naturallynola
Luscious Mahogany
mahoganytresses
natural83
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deep Conditioning on Dry Hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Deep Conditioning on Dry Hair

Post by elitebeauty13 27th March 2011, 6:25 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I usually do a prepoo with oils. But that's simply so that I can remove shed hairs and make hair more maneageable prior to shampooing (a la Kimmaytube). I usually only leave them in about 10 minutes pre wash. And I always deep condition my hair after everything. The DC before shampoo I'm sure has benefits. However, I'd still feel like I need to DC again afterwards. To me, I'd still think you would need to replenish your hair with moisture after shampooing. No?

When I first heard about the dry DC, I thought the same thing. I still believe that your hair will need moisture after the shampoo, but another DC is not necessary. I just use a regular rinse out conditioner after I shampoo. It works wonders for my hair.
elitebeauty13
elitebeauty13

http://elitebeauty13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th March 2011, 6:27 pm

Ok. I'm always down to try anything. I'll give it a go... but I'll have to use something else besides AOWC. All the AO products upset my allergies. Those smells are tooooo strong. Any suggestions?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th March 2011, 6:28 pm

elitebeauty13 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:I usually do a prepoo with oils. But that's simply so that I can remove shed hairs and make hair more maneageable prior to shampooing (a la Kimmaytube). I usually only leave them in about 10 minutes pre wash. And I always deep condition my hair after everything. The DC before shampoo I'm sure has benefits. However, I'd still feel like I need to DC again afterwards. To me, I'd still think you would need to replenish your hair with moisture after shampooing. No?

When I first heard about the dry DC, I thought the same thing. I still believe that your hair will need moisture after the shampoo, but another DC is not necessary. I just use a regular rinse out conditioner after I shampoo. It works wonders for my hair.

ohhh ok. that makes sense. i was thinking it was being suggested that i shampoo and then go straight to styling. but i suppose using a rinse out would be sufficient.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 27th March 2011, 6:39 pm

After I rinse most of the ACV out, I just apply my Kimmaytube and set my hair. I usually have to re-moisturize in 3 days. I know what you mean about the AO, even their skin products have that medicinal smell. I would say try any of the good moisturizing conditioners you have and see if they work. Last wk, I used Shescentit (just trying to get rid of it) and I could def tell the diff. It wasn't as moisturizing, even with EVOO.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 27th March 2011, 6:54 pm

Hey, has anyone tried the Aubrey Organics GPB (Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner)? When I did my dry deep treatment, I did it with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose...I must say, my hair felt great and did good after I tried the dry deep treatment. I'm just thinking of switching up my conditioner. HSR is the only conditioner that I've tried from the line, and was curious about the GPB.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 27th March 2011, 7:20 pm

JaliseH wrote:I would consider pre poo anything you do before you wash your hair. I don't shampoo so I don't know what I would call it.

A pre-co!

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I have a question. I noticed that most of you who DC dry before a wash either cowash your hair or use a special treatment (ACV). None of these would dry or strip the hair. I shampoo my hair with shampoo (albeit sulfate free) So, my concern is that DCing prior to shampooing might be counterproductive. Any thoughts on this?

I've done it before co-washes and shampoos with no problems.

My leave-ins are good enough to replenish moisture after shampooing.

I use MyHoneyChild honey mask for the dc.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 27th March 2011, 8:18 pm

I usually do a pre-poo with oils too, mainly because I do prefer to shampoo at least every other time I wash my hair (alternating with co-wash). Once I tried pre-pooing with oils before using a shampoo, I never considered going back.

I have dry conditioned my hair before while I was just doing a co-wash and the only benefit I found was it saved me a step...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2