CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preezie (BnB challenge)

3 posters

Go down

Preezie (BnB challenge) Empty Preezie (BnB challenge)

Post by Preezie 10th December 2009, 5:20 pm

I posted something to this same extent yesterday. I have been natural for going on 3 years and my hair is almost shoulder length and very healthy. For the first year I wore flat twists, straw sets, blow straight etc during the transition period and cut off about 1/2 to an an inch every 6 weeks until it was completely natural. The second year I alternated between a weave, putting my hair in two french braids, or having it pressed out. I have always been a "shop-goer" so it just became second nature for me to just continue once I went natural. However, in the last month or so I have become more interested in learning how to do my hair myself. And since finding this site, I am absolutely determined to learn how to do something. I have bought a few Carol's daughter products in the past (which I do not like because they are so oily) but I'm not sure where to start as far as shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, or styling products. My hair is probably a 4b, but I don't really know if I'm classifying it correctly. My hair is naturally oily (I know, most people do not have this probably with 4b hair) so I don't want to do a lot of heavy products, but not sure the heavy from the lighter products. Please HELP!!

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Preezie (BnB challenge) Empty Re: Preezie (BnB challenge)

Post by NylaCoils 10th December 2009, 5:25 pm

What have you tried so far? What has the hairdresser used on you? I have a mix of 4a/4b for moisture, I use a shea buttter- castor oil-olive oil mix that i make. For conditioners, I use Herbal Essence - hello hydration aussie moist as leave ins. For a co-wash I use suave or vo5. Hope that helps.

Last edited by NylaCoils on 10th December 2009, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Preezie 10th December 2009, 5:28 pm

Hi NylaCoils,

I haven't tried anything on my own. I am very afraid of the ending results until I get some suggestions. My stylist uses a combination Joico and Bumble and Bumble products.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Preezie (BnB challenge) Empty Hi

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th December 2009, 9:02 pm

Welcome!

As far as products, I would suggest getting sample products. You can also post a picture of your hair without product and with product so those with similar hair can help.

If your scalp is oily, I would suggest looking into essential oils that may help with oiliness. I think someone posted a thread on oils. I will try to find it for you. I think citrus based products are geared to combating oil production.
This is just from my experience with facial products.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 10th December 2009, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting issues)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Preezie 11th December 2009, 12:14 pm

Thanks for all of your help ChrisLvsBks! I will keep everyone posted on my progress with products.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down