CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New and ready to learn

+3
sweetdrk1
elitebeauty13
Mzput2gether
7 posters

Go down

New and ready to learn Empty New and ready to learn

Post by Mzput2gether 22nd March 2011, 9:09 am

My name is Shelisa.
I've always been the big dark skinned friends lol. Now I'm the big dark skinned friend with no hair. Yes I did the big chip earlier this month. I couldn't take it. So much goin on in my life. I transitioned for 5 months till I just had to break out of thag. I never thought I would have curls or anything. My ex-boyfriend was mad that I made the decision withought him. (Controlling much? yes he was). I was ready to let go out my hair and him as well.
The responses I've received from people are more negative than postitve. Someone that was suppose to be my bestfriend kept asking me so when will you buy a wig?why did you cut it? What's the matter with ?
Yea I really don't see her around that often...
I use shae butter and castor oil on a day to day basis. Once a week I used dudley's vitimin product (feelsso good on my scalp). Condition with carol's daughter.
An old friend of mine actually loved my BC. We dated back in the day he runs his hands thru it and all. He has really been there for me.. I explained to him why I did it. How my life is a complete 180..
I love to look in the mirror now. I love to touch my hair. I love to read about others story and experience.
So that's why I'm here! I can't wait to read more from you all lovely ladies!
Mzput2gether
Mzput2gether

Back to top Go down

New and ready to learn Empty Re: New and ready to learn

Post by elitebeauty13 22nd March 2011, 9:43 am

Welcome to the board and Congrats on the BC woot! I'm pretty new here myself, but I trust that you'll find the ladies here are very nice, knowledgeable, and truly inspiring.

Don't let other people's negative energy get you down. As long as you are happy and confident with your decision, that's all that really matters. Just keep looking in the mirror and continue to let that man rub his fingers through your hair...lol. But seriously, tell him to give you a good scalp massage while he's enjoying your naturalness.

Last edited by elitebeauty13 on 22nd March 2011, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to corret typos)
elitebeauty13
elitebeauty13

http://elitebeauty13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzput2gether 22nd March 2011, 9:47 am

sunny thanks. I love it and whoever doesn't then I just take it as that. But thank you so much
Mzput2gether
Mzput2gether

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd March 2011, 9:50 am

Welcome to CurlStreet Love!

just like buttholes everyone has an opinion ignore them and do you!! Congrats on your BC!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd March 2011, 9:57 am

Well welcome to the CSJ - you won't get no negativity here ... nothing but LOVE .... Very Happy

Congrats on your BC ... looking forward to following you on your journey.

You will find a wealth of information here ... just ask
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzput2gether 22nd March 2011, 10:05 am

Thank you all soo much!
I did the big chop but didn't get my ends trimmed yet. After the BC my life just took all kinds of turns. Should I go to a barber shop or a natural hair salon for this?
Mzput2gether
Mzput2gether

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd March 2011, 11:38 am

I can't answer that because I transitioned for 15 months before I BC'd. Since my initial BC at the salon - I haven't been back since.

I would imagine if you want a much more even cut - I would go get those ends trimmed and evened off. I know some natural have gone to the barber shop and some to the salon. Wherever you go, make sure you trust the person taking the sheers/blades to your head.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 22nd March 2011, 7:34 pm

Welcome to CN!!! i dunno what state my hair would be in if i hadnt discovered the forum right after my BC....

as far as your trim, i think its up to you. A babershop will def be cheaper, but may take off more hair than you expect. Of course, it's a possibility that could happen anywhere, so make sure you have a detailed conversation with whoever you DO choose to complete the trim Smile I know there are ladies who have done both. as for me, i didn't get a professional trim right after the BC. I continued to cut off the random leftover relaxed ends as i saw them and enlisted my roommate for some help in the back. then, as I got to know my hair better, I could identify what damaged ends did/didn't look like and started doing my own trims as my hair grew out.
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 29th March 2011, 8:33 pm

Welcome to Curlynikki!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 29th March 2011, 9:50 pm