CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Rant

+10
CarlaAR
elitebeauty13
Life.of.Riley
Luscious Mahogany
BrownSkinDiva
creolebeauty1
Ambitious_Tiff
Madeaj
Curly Film Chick
fuzzypuff
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Natural Hair Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: Natural Hair Rant

Post by creolebeauty1 21st March 2011, 6:22 pm

I do have some advice if someone comments turn for the worst take your right hand ball it up and hit them in the left eye LOL jk i'm kidding
When i first cut my hair i sent the picture to one of my friends in NYC that actually wants to go natural when she saw my pic she emailed me back and said when and if she goes natural she hopes her hair doesn't look like some AFrican , at first i wanted to curs her out but i gave her an answer to think about (i'm black , i have African blood in me more than likely so what is wrong if my hair looks more African than "other" ? she apologized and have yet to make a comment about my hair after that now that i have been trying different styles she started transitioning so i would depending on what they say reason with them if that fails i would like Tiff said ask them if they feel God made a mistake creating Afro hair ? if that fails they still talking smack go for the left eye lol jk
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st March 2011, 6:27 pm

lol! Bust 'em up honey, LOL!!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by elitebeauty13 21st March 2011, 6:32 pm

lol...Tiff and CB you two have been cracking up. Thanks for the advice and laughs ladies.
elitebeauty13
elitebeauty13

http://elitebeauty13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st March 2011, 6:34 pm

LOL lol!
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st March 2011, 7:54 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! I don't like when the rapist attack! Shocked You when you all of the sudden you feel hands in your SCALP! What a Face Could you kiss me first next time!

As for the natural hair natzi....they are the reason that CN.com is my natural hair home.

Tiff & CB too funny!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 21st March 2011, 9:11 pm

I'm a Don't Touch Me but frankly if answering that question with a no is a turn off to natural hair I'm ok with that. If you ask me ANY other question regarding my hair I'm more than willing to play ball with you and chit chat. But Do Not. Touch. My Person. And you are a creeper and a half if you ask. I don't like people I know touching me and I've never seen you before.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 22nd March 2011, 9:43 am

Ladies, I'm cracking up this morning. This was some good dialogue, and I thank all of you who have commented.

@PaganWifey: I had to laugh at your "creeper and a half" I appreciate your honesty. I know there are people who just don't dig people invading their space, esp. if you don't know them. Do you respond with a "rude" No, or do you just say something along the lines of, No, I don't get down like that? LOL
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 22nd March 2011, 8:11 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:Ladies, I'm cracking up this morning. This was some good dialogue, and I thank all of you who have commented.

@PaganWifey: I had to laugh at your "creeper and a half" I appreciate your honesty. I know there are people who just don't dig people invading their space, esp. if you don't know them. Do you respond with a "rude" No, or do you just say something along the lines of, No, I don't get down like that? LOL

Honestly it shocks me so much that people would ask to touch someone they don't know (how do you know I'm not covered in something that could kill you?!?!?!?) I'm kind of like...."uhm.....I'd rather you didn't." with huge scared eyes.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 22nd March 2011, 8:49 pm

Ok, yall...I have this question to ask because I'm on the fence with the hair touching thing. I'll explain both sides.

Side One: I'm a member of a national black organization and I travel frequently with the organization. Most of the women are natural so we frequently gab about hair products, styles, tools, etc. Most of the folk I know and others I am just on a "hello" basis. However, regardless of the length/depth of the relationship, I have let them touch my hair in the past.

Side Two: I was in Five Below a few months ago (in a suburb outside of Philly) and I passed a white woman in the aisle. We casually smiled at one another and continued walking. I was looking at something on a shelf and like batman this woman came out of the cut to touch my hair. As she was touching she was asking to touch it saying "Your hair is so...so..." She didn't know what to say! I was honestly holding my breath thinking "Please God don't let this woman slip up and say something crazy".

I felt like Sofia in the Color Purple. Remember when the white lady said "Your children are just so clean"...We all know what happened after that!!!

Anyway. I kinda pulled away before she started rubbing it or something strange. I think she realized that she had crossed a boundary and apologized. She finally said "I love your hair, it has so much volume and life"...Translation= Your hair is big as hell! She went on to say how much she loved to see women of color wear their natural hair and how pretty it was "all styled up". I smiled and thanked her for the compliment.

When I walked away, I had mixed emotions...I didn't know what to say really or how to respond...I knew she was trying to be nice, and thank Jesus for the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, because I know another sista would have broken the woman's hand!

Have any of you had this experience with a white person? How does that change your opinion/perspective

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 22nd March 2011, 8:51 pm

PaganWifey wrote:
fuzzypuff wrote:Ladies, I'm cracking up this morning. This was some good dialogue, and I thank all of you who have commented.

Honestly it shocks me so much that people would ask to touch someone they don't know (how do you know I'm not covered in something that could kill you?!?!?!?) I'm kind of like...."uhm.....I'd rather you didn't." with huge scared eyes.

DYING LAUGHING!!!!!!!!! lol!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd March 2011, 8:53 pm

CarlaAR wrote:That is a good question. I don't see why on Earth someone asking to touch my hair would cause me to "flip out". I don't have a hot temper, so that could be part of it. If it was a homeless man with black/dirty hands and the smell of booze on his breath asking me, I would say NO and just quickly walk away.

I have had co-workers, fellow gym rats, neighbors, etc ask me about my hair not because they are vicious, but simply curious. Nothing more.

I totally agree with this. I'm laid back too. I don't think twice about someone asking to touch my hair. Like u said, unless it was a random dirty looking person, it's not that big of deal.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 22nd March 2011, 8:58 pm

I haven't had the experience with a white person but I'd feel the same: Why in the frick frack do you want to touch me?

I don't think she was necessarily thinking that your hair was big as hell. Some white women are fighting for hair that's not flat and thin with everything they got. It might have been serious volume envy.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2