CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner

3 posters

Go down

Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner Empty Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner

Post by Peachysweet74 21st March 2011, 8:23 am

I have completely done away with shampoos. So what I use now is my favorite conditioner with baking soda added to it for a cleanser. It removes all the product build-up and thoroughly cleans my scalp without stripping my hair or causing dryness.

Has anyone evertried this method before? If so, let me know how it worked for you. And if you have not, try it then give me your feedback.

Miracles & Blessings! woot!
Peachysweet74
Peachysweet74

Back to top Go down

Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner Empty Re: Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner

Post by PaganWifey 21st March 2011, 11:32 am

I'll look into trying this. It's been a rough road trying to find a shampoo that won't strip and screw up my color.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner Empty Re: Add A&H Baking soda to your Favorite conditioner

Post by Curly Film Chick 21st March 2011, 12:20 pm

PaganWifey wrote:I'll look into trying this. It's been a rough road trying to find a shampoo that won't strip and screw up my color.

I have colored strands too and so far I've found that Jessicurl Cleansing cream works well.

I used to use baking soda back in the day when I swore off shampoos because I actually hated shampoos but I've found other cleansing methods like bentonite clay and gentle shampoos.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 21st March 2011, 12:43 pm

I want to try bentonite clay but clay and locs don't seem to mix in my head. Maybe I'm overreacting though?
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 21st March 2011, 12:46 pm

PaganWifey wrote:I want to try bentonite clay but clay and locs don't seem to mix in my head. Maybe I'm overreacting though?

What were your experiences with clay before? I think it could be hard to rinse clay out of locks but maybe others have found ways? and have you tried doing an ACV rinse? I used to do it after baking soda and conditioner cleanse to restore the pH balance of my scalp
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 21st March 2011, 1:49 pm

I've never used clay before. It just seems like clay and locs would be problematic together.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down