CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 1st 5K race

3 posters

Go down

My 1st 5K race Empty My 1st 5K race

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 20th March 2011, 8:43 pm

Just wanted to share with everyone that I will be running in my 1st 5K race and I'm very excited, not nervous yet but I'm sure right before I might be...hopefully not lol!

Has anyone else trained and completed a 5K race before? How was it? Any suggestions? Very Happy
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My 1st 5K race Empty Re: My 1st 5K race

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2011, 8:55 pm

When is your first 5k? I plan to run my first official 5k on April 2nd. I have participated in a walk before that I ended up running. I ran most of the time but had to stop and walk. I was overdressed (it was cold that morning but warmed up by time the walk started), running with things in my hands (which I normally dont do), and trying to keep my jacket around my waste. I was still happy with what I did.

I will be ready on April 2nd. I purchased an armband for my phone and it has warmed up so I wont need a jacket.

I trained using Couch to 5k running program. It's a GREAT program for beginners. Also I would suggest resting the day before the race.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 21st March 2011, 11:31 am

I'm training for one in May. Right now my goal is 3 days a week I run/walk 5k and just build up my endurance.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 21st March 2011, 1:30 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:When is your first 5k? I plan to run my first official 5k on April 2nd. I have participated in a walk before that I ended up running. I ran most of the time but had to stop and walk. I was overdressed (it was cold that morning but warmed up by time the walk started), running with things in my hands (which I normally dont do), and trying to keep my jacket around my waste. I was still happy with what I did.

I will be ready on April 2nd. I purchased an armband for my phone and it has warmed up so I wont need a jacket.

I trained using Couch to 5k running program. It's a GREAT program for beginners. Also I would suggest resting the day before the race.

Wow! My race is on Saturday April 2nd also!! It's coming up soooo fast. I haven't heard of that program but I will make sure to check it out. Hopefully it will not be too hot or too cold the day of the race. My race is in North Carolina and we have crazy weather lol! Good luck and let me know afterwards how it goes.
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down