CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impatiently Transitioning ...

4 posters

Go down

Impatiently Transitioning ... Empty Impatiently Transitioning ...

Post by NaturallySnook 20th March 2011, 7:49 pm

Hello to all my beautiful, natural sisters Smile
I am currently transitioning .. with little support from family. my last relaxer was feb and since then i have done one braid out - which got mixed reviews. i , however loved it. i am in the military so what i can do with my hair is very limited but when i decided to take this journey, i was determined not to let anything stand in my way. not even UNCLE SAM and his hair rules. i am now wearing a sew in - which has held up pretty well. i am about to deploy for 5 months and i will be leaving the country with micros... how long should i leave them in? how do i care for my fragile, transitioning hair while underway? i would appreciate any feedback as well as words of encouragement. Good day to you all <3

-Snook
NaturallySnook
NaturallySnook

Back to top Go down

Impatiently Transitioning ... Empty Re: Impatiently Transitioning ...

Post by CombatCurls 21st March 2011, 2:12 am

Hi I'm also in the military. While I was deployed DCing was my best friend and a good chelating shampoo. Moisturize Moisturize and Moisturize. I wore my hair in braids the entire time I was there and I didn't suffer any breakage. I would say don't leave the micros in for longer than 6 weeks. The middle east is very windy and dusty which leads to build up quicker. If you have access to a shower daily then you can keep them for 6 wees to 2 months. I'm transitioning now (again) with braids and I treat my hair exactly the same. I cowash, shampoo, DC do hot oil treatments everything even moisturize and seal. If you have anymore questions just inbox me
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallySnook 21st March 2011, 5:45 pm

thanks so much for repying Smile i am going to inbox u like right now lol
NaturallySnook
NaturallySnook

Back to top Go down

Post by miah_23_ncb 22nd March 2011, 3:44 pm

Hello
I think that because of the environment you will be in (like stated above) it will shorten the time that you can have the micros in. I wore braids all summer as a child up until the age of 13. That was a good 3 months but I always moisturized and washed them every 2 weeks. I plan to get them again as I am transitioning as well. i plan on leaving mine in for several months while taking a few down here and there and redoing them. Bu i think the key will be moisturize.

Thank you both of you ladies so much for your service and fighting for our freedom

miah_23_ncb

Back to top Go down

Post by niki32 24th March 2011, 8:54 am

Hi,
I am currently deployed as well. The water is pretty hard and the sun will dry your hair out really bad. I go through my conditioners pretty fast. Weekly washing and deep conditioners really help. I did the DCs every week for the first 7 months that I was here. For the past 2 months I have been wearing braids, but I still try to make sure that I keep my hair moisturized.

niki32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down