Wanting to try Kinky Curly curling custard-at Target

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wanting to try Kinky Curly curling custard-at Target

Post by dawn1980 on 18th March 2011, 10:25 am

I looked at Target online and found a store close to me has kinky Curly Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard GEL. Never heard of a gel form has anyone here? I don't want to spend money on something that is totally not what I think it is. any help would be appreciated.

dawn1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanting to try Kinky Curly curling custard-at Target

Post by yldthng on 18th March 2011, 10:26 am

The custard IS a gel and it does make your hair crunchy if you don't use an oil underneath. The word gel is actually in the name on the jar.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 18th March 2011, 10:56 am

yep it's a gel i got the conditioner last week and loved it i might get the gel to experiment
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KOKOQT on 18th March 2011, 11:32 am

I ordered mine online last week,hopefully it'll be all that it's perked up to be and I'll have more confidence wearing my hair out :-).It's still teen weeny which I am not used to,I've always had long hair and only decided to go natural after I (after a random moment of insanity) got a Riahanna-esqe bob...IF THE HANDS OF TIME COULD TURN BACK..smh oh well.Be fabulous at every stage of life.
I hope it works well with my hair. the front is still not as curly as the back and middle so i dunno.
KOKOQT

View user profile http://http//:iadorn4u.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blushing Lady on 18th March 2011, 11:36 am

it's funny that you posted this. I just wrote a review on it. I'll put the link below, but here's my opinion. I thought that it made my hair dry. I guess crunchy is a better word. It was frizzy. I used the conditioner and the gel together, so i'm not sure who the culprit was Smile My hair was easy to comb thru after the knot today. A lot of people like it though. It's great to get it from Target because you can always take it back. Or pass it along to a friend Smile Here's a link to my full review of it.

http://www.blushblog.com/blushblog/2011/03/my-natural-hair-journey-products.html
Blushing Lady

View user profile http://www.blushblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn1980 on 18th March 2011, 11:47 am

Wow ladies! Talk about quick help! Thank you. Blushing Lady I have heard both sides--like or don't like--I'm going to try it and see. It may be no better than Eco with Argan oil but as you said at least I can take it back. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

dawn1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 18th March 2011, 11:55 am

@Blushing Lady - I use it on my wash & go and it works just like it's supposed to. I'm not sure how it would work twists though.

yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blushing Lady on 18th March 2011, 12:47 pm

@yldthng...i've got my fingers crossed. I dont know why i'm pulling for it so hard Smile
Blushing Lady

View user profile http://www.blushblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel on 18th March 2011, 12:56 pm

I don't do wash n go's because of my hair type but I've gotten some bad a$$ twist outs with that thing!
So enjoy!!
fanmnatirel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur on 18th March 2011, 1:40 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:I don't do wash n go's because of my hair type but I've gotten some bad a$$ twist outs with that thing!
So enjoy!!

^^This^^. When I used it for my twists, they came out awesome. I used Qhemet's Burdock Root Cream instead of oil and then I twisted with KCCC--and ooh girl! My hair was feeling itself that day, lol!

ETA: I used KCCC with everything. I mix it with Darcy's Cream Gel, Hawaiian Silky, etc. I found that it's all about chemistry and technique rather than the product itself. I don't even use Knot Today with it.
Fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 on 19th March 2011, 5:04 pm

Fleur wrote:

ETA: I used KCCC with everything. I mix it with Darcy's Cream Gel, Hawaiian Silky, etc. I found that it's all about chemistry and technique rather than the product itself. I don't even use Knot Today with it.

How did the KCCC work with the Hawaiin Silky? I know the KC products don't play too well together with other products and leave little fuzz balls in your hair. LOL
Naturalin2010

View user profile http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur on 19th March 2011, 5:52 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:
Fleur wrote:

How did the KCCC work with the Hawaiin Silky? I know the KC products don't play too well together with other products and leave little fuzz balls in your hair. LOL

You know, I figured out that KCCC does well with any product that is thin and water-based. Most of the products I use have Water/Aqua as the main ingredient so mixing KCCC is not a problem. I rarely use Knot Today with it because I realized that oil/water provides softness prior to the KCCC so I eliminated KT. KCCC is a very odd gel to use, but it can be mastered. It's really about mastering a technique and evaluating the product type: cream/thick vs water-based/thin rather than using it as the jar describes.

I use oil then KCCC in my hair. I don't put the Hawaiian Silky on my hair right away. I let my hair start to get dry then I add Hawaiian Silky. My hair stays super soft the entire week. My fotki link Month 7 is where I show the combo mix. I have medium-coarse hair so the results have been wonderful.

Last edited by Fleur on 19th March 2011, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 19th March 2011, 6:00 pm

I swore by KCCC and KCNT when. I did my first big chop I think Fleur said it best it's about the chemistry.....
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 19th March 2011, 6:16 pm

@Fleur - I looked at your Fotki one day last week and was inspired by your use of KCCC. I'm newly natural and was totally scared to mix the KCCC with anything else because of the white balls I'd read about.

I use the KKNT as my regular leave in, but I really like the HEHH as a leave in too, so I tried using THAT as my leave in - with the KCCC on, top and it worked just fine. Thank you.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur on 19th March 2011, 6:37 pm

yldthng wrote:@Fleur - I looked at your Fotki one day last week and was inspired by your use of KCCC. I'm newly natural and was totally scared to mix the KCCC with anything else because of the white balls I'd read about.

I use the KKNT as my regular leave in, but I really like the HEHH as a leave in too, so I tried using THAT as my leave in - with the KCCC on, top and it worked just fine. Thank you.

Aw, that was a really nice thing to "say". I'm glad you're gathering info, experimenting, and creating your own regimen. I've been observing your posts in other threads and you've been handling the short hair and moisture really well! Now put your hand on the computer screen so I can give you a high-five!! definitely had some rough times at the beginning of my journey that have fueled my decisions on how I care for my hair today. I keep saying I'm going to create a natural hair "A-Ha" post. I'll get on it tonight, lol.

Btw, are you going to create a fotki? I believe that you can definately be an inspiration to short cuts big-choppers
Fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KOKOQT on 21st March 2011, 5:54 pm

So I got my KCCC in the mail..I followed a regimen I found on youtube!and I LOVE LOVE LOVE The results.!
It IS a lil crunchy but not hard...it's has a nice hold,not soemthing uncomfortable or noticeably hard.It's not like a super hold gel.
It's DAY 3 and it's still holding up.I found that on the less texturized parts of my hair,I just rewet and it coils right back up.
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
KOKOQT

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 on 21st March 2011, 7:21 pm

I like it but it leaves residue in my hair and is fairly expensive. I use flaxseed gel! Its cheap, natural and easy to make!
KurlyKK143

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 22nd March 2011, 12:11 pm

Fleur wrote:Aw, that was a really nice thing to "say". I'm glad you're gathering info, experimenting, and creating your own regimen. I've been observing your posts in other threads and you've been handling the short hair and moisture really well! Now put your hand on the computer screen so I can give you a high-five!! definitely had some rough times at the beginning of my journey that have fueled my decisions on how I care for my hair today. I keep saying I'm going to create a natural hair "A-Ha" post. I'll get on it tonight, lol.

Btw, are you going to create a fotki? I believe that you can definately be an inspiration to short cuts big-choppers

As many pictures as I take of my hair, you would think I would already have one. But yes, I wanna do one of those, and also a Curl Street Journal. Just need to make time.

I appreciate the positivity. Thank you!
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KOKOQT on 22nd March 2011, 5:14 pm

KurlyKK143 wrote:I like it but it leaves residue in my hair and is fairly expensive. I use flaxseed gel! Its cheap, natural and easy to make!
Oh wow!How do you do that?I have an Aveda control paste that contains Flax seed.I love the way it smells...for some reason Flax seed,Peppermint oil and Jojoba have these distinct smells,that make you feel like they're getting the job done....:-)
How do you make it?
KOKOQT

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 on 24th March 2011, 7:52 pm

I just googled a basic recipe its super easy. A large jar of flaxseeds cost about 9 bucks. Ive been mixing for two months and still have well over 3/4 left. Some people even save the seeds. I use whole flaxseeds.
2 tablespooms of flaxseed
1 cup of water

I bring the water to a boil
add flaxseeds
then simmer
stir periodically for 5-10 mins

google or youtube to get a detailed recipe ull need a few simple supplies
This recipe makes just a little. Your hair is longer then mine. I think it gives my hair a wondeful curl! Let me see if i can post a pic![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KurlyKK143

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 on 24th March 2011, 7:52 pm

[url=C:\Users\Trollmann\Pictures\2011-03-13\283.JPG]C:\Users\Trollmann\Pictures\2011-03-13\283.JPG[/url]
KurlyKK143

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 on 24th March 2011, 7:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KurlyKK143

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoVe.Peace.CurLs on 26th March 2011, 12:34 pm

I use the KCCC on my twists (I always wear a twist out curly 'fro or whatever) and I absolutely love it.

The first time I used it, I was heavy-handed, but I quickly learned that a little of this product goes a long way. do about 15 twists and I literally dip a fingertip into the jar...not scoop, just dip. That's all it takes for my hair.

I use the KCCC AFTER I've moisturized and sealed my hair with coconut oil. I think this is the difference between it making hair crunchy/hard, because since learning the importance of sealing with oil, I've never had the crunchy/hard problem.
LoVe.Peace.CurLs

View user profile http://aintshewavee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top