CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairveda vs. Afroveda

+4
Renny
makeupvixen
fuzzypuff
virtuouswoman908
8 posters

Go down

Hairveda vs. Afroveda

Hairveda vs. Afroveda I_vote_lcap100%Hairveda vs. Afroveda I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
Hairveda vs. Afroveda I_vote_lcap0%Hairveda vs. Afroveda I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Hairveda vs. Afroveda Empty Hairveda vs. Afroveda

Post by virtuouswoman908 18th March 2011, 5:04 am

Wondering which one would you ladies prefer? Hairveda is having a sale March 18-20 and want to try out their products. confused
virtuouswoman908
virtuouswoman908

Back to top Go down

Hairveda vs. Afroveda Empty Re: Hairveda vs. Afroveda

Post by fuzzypuff 18th March 2011, 4:01 pm

I always wondered about this....seeing that they both SEEM to focus on the same thing. I know straight off the bat, I would go with Hairveda because the prices are pretty reasonable....
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by virtuouswoman908 18th March 2011, 4:08 pm

fuzzypuff wrote:I always wondered about this....seeing that they both SEEM to focus on the same thing. I know straight off the bat, I would go with Hairveda because the prices are pretty reasonable....

Thanks and I'll have to agree. I don't know why they went up!
virtuouswoman908
virtuouswoman908

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 18th March 2011, 4:54 pm

I did a Yotube video on these companies (look for TastiRedbone). It's so widly known how much I hate AfroVeda and the stunt they pulled on us. Then there is HairVeda and their use of bases. Yup, use the bases of body lotions, add some oils and wah lah, hair cream.

Both take about 20 days before they ship you your stuff.

AfroVeda is full of lies and scams. ( You have to see my videos to know why I say this)

HairVeda is stepping up it's game and growing as a company but it's just not up to par yet. They have customer service issues to work out as well.

You can also type in AfroVeda in any of the hair forums and see what happened and why people haev been boycotting them since September 2010
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by virtuouswoman908 18th March 2011, 5:09 pm

makeupvixen wrote:I did a Yotube video on these companies (look for TastiRedbone). It's so widly known how much I hate AfroVeda and the stunt they pulled on us. Then there is HairVeda and their use of bases. Yup, use the bases of body lotions, add some oils and wah lah, hair cream.

Both take about 20 days before they ship you your stuff.

AfroVeda is full of lies and scams. ( You have to see my videos to know why I say this)

HairVeda is stepping up it's game and growing as a company but it's just not up to par yet. They have customer service issues to work out as well.

You can also type in AfroVeda in any of the hair forums and see what happened and why people haev been boycotting them since September 2010

Thank you so much!!! I just purchased some samples from Hairveda so I can try them out. I'll check out your vids because I'm trying to find some staple products for my hair. I see that I can make my own products and purchase bases which I came across on a website if that's what most of these companies do. woot!
virtuouswoman908
virtuouswoman908

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th March 2011, 1:29 pm

I'm still an Afroveda fan. I don't have a problem with her prices at all. I think they're quite reasonable compared to everything else I buy.

I was out of the product (had some pre-price hike) and just got in an order of Curl Define. I did twists Thursday night and twisted out on Friday. My hair looks and feels amazing as always. I can get curls and good twists from pretty much anything. I have very curly hair, but moisture retention is what I need. Once I start trying to retwist and moisturize a twist out I have a mess on my hands, so I look for a product that holds moisture for 4 days or so. Afroveda Curl Define and Qhemets Bioglogic Burdock Root Butter are the only two that do it for me. But with Qhemets I have to add another product for hold. For me it's a moisturizer only. Curl Define is a moisturizer and styling product.

I've never tried Hairveda.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 28th March 2011, 3:12 pm

I like Afroveda also. I recently purchased the Pur Whipped Gellee and the Shea Amla Whipped Butter Cream and I'm very happy with both. I got the small sample size of the gellee and will be ordering a large size very soon. They moisterize and help define my curls quite well. And I looove the frankincense & myrrh scent of the butter cream. My hair is just starting to grow out from a twa and I use them for my twist outs. My curls hold very well but because my hair is still not that long, I feel its necessary to retwist every night to get the look I want, and I reapply product (sparingly) every other night.

I've have not tried Hairveda either.
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by virtuouswoman908 28th March 2011, 6:05 pm

Renny wrote:I'm still an Afroveda fan. I don't have a problem with her prices at all. I think they're quite reasonable compared to everything else I buy.

I was out of the product (had some pre-price hike) and just got in an order of Curl Define. I did twists Thursday night and twisted out on Friday. My hair looks and feels amazing as always. I can get curls and good twists from pretty much anything. I have very curly hair, but moisture retention is what I need. Once I start trying to retwist and moisturize a twist out I have a mess on my hands, so I look for a product that holds moisture for 4 days or so. Afroveda Curl Define and Qhemets Bioglogic Burdock Root Butter are the only two that do it for me. But with Qhemets I have to add another product for hold. For me it's a moisturizer only. Curl Define is a moisturizer and styling product.

I've never tried Hairveda.

Ok..... I wanna try QB really soon and might go take this drive to get it. I was going to try AOHC since they have it at a health food store and their gel. I'm seeing now that all of these handmade products take up to a month to come! Sad
virtuouswoman908
virtuouswoman908

Back to top Go down

Post by virtuouswoman908 28th March 2011, 6:07 pm

natchralme wrote:I like Afroveda also. I recently purchased the Pur Whipped Gellee and the Shea Amla Whipped Butter Cream and I'm very happy with both. I got the small sample size of the gellee and will be ordering a large size very soon. They moisterize and help define my curls quite well. And I looove the frankincense & myrrh scent of the butter cream. My hair is just starting to grow out from a twa and I use them for my twist outs. My curls hold very well but because my hair is still not that long, I feel its necessary to retwist every night to get the look I want, and I reapply product (sparingly) every other night.

I've have not tried Hairveda either.

I really wanted to try Afroveda until their price hike! I might try them if they run a sale. Thanks so much for your feedback. Very Happy
virtuouswoman908
virtuouswoman908

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 28th March 2011, 9:27 pm

I am completely in love with Afroveda. I loved the products before the hike and still do. The prices aren't too different from all the other products out there so it wasn't a big deal for me.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 28th March 2011, 9:42 pm

What is meant by, "hairveda's use of bases?"
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 28th March 2011, 11:55 pm

Summer, some of the smaller companies are doing what the larger companies have been doing for years, and that is purchasing ""base"" ingredients from a supplier (like new directions, essential wholesale, and others) and customizing by adding ingredients to these bases to create their product. If you are interested, there was a tremendous thread on naturally curly that went on and on. Here is a link: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4a/114641-hair-products-their-bases.html

For some, the issue is the view that some of the smaller companies producing ""natural"" products are being disingenuous by representing that their product is "homemade"" OR that they do not disclose they use bases.

For others, whether a company uses bases or not is not an issue as long as they list the ingredients in the product.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 29th March 2011, 9:24 am

naturallynola wrote:Summer, some of the smaller companies are doing what the larger companies have been doing for years, and that is purchasing ""base"" ingredients from a supplier (like new directions, essential wholesale, and others) and customizing by adding ingredients to these bases to create their product. If you are interested, there was a tremendous thread on naturally curly that went on and on. Here is a link: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4a/114641-hair-products-their-bases.html

For some, the issue is the view that some of the smaller companies producing ""natural"" products are being disingenuous by representing that their product is "homemade"" OR that they do not disclose they use bases.

For others, whether a company uses bases or not is not an issue as long as they list the ingredients in the product.

Thank You for the info. I am so disappointed right now. I had no idea this was going on. I just ordered some Hairveda yesterday. This is very discouraging.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down